Our Day

Our Day

I feel a smile paint itself on my face. I hop out of bed and run to the bathroom. I smile into my reflection. I’m a little tired, since I couldn’t fall asleep last night, but I try to wash away the tiredness with water. As I try to perk myself up, I hear Thomas yawn. Then I jump as I hear a knock at the bathroom door.

“Love?” I hear Thomas say, from the other side of the door.

“Thomas! You can’t see me! It’s bad luck!” I yell. I hear Thomas groan then walk away from the door.

“I’m going to Dylan’s to get ready,” I hear Thomas yell, from what sounds like the living room, down stairs. Then I hear the front door shut. I run out of the bathroom and watch him back his car out of our driveway. I sigh, thinking by the end of the day we will be married. I giggle and run back upstairs. I have to call everyone to come over.

“Hey, Mom, Thomas is gone. You guys can come over now,” I instruct her.

“Okay. Be there in 10,” Mom tells me. Then I hang up.

10 minutes later I hear a knock at my front door. I rush down stairs to welcome my guests. As I open the door, my mom, my best friend, Rachel, and my sisters, Emma and Danielle stare at me. Their smiles are from ear to ear. I can’t help, but smile too. My mom rushes in and hugs me.

“I’m so happy for you, (Y/N),” Mom tells me. I smile even bigger. I feel a couple tears fall from my eyes. Dang, I’m already crying. This is going to be an emotional day.

Thomas Pov

I watch as (Y/N) and her dad walk down the aisle. My breath is taken away. I almost forget how to breathe. My eyes widen and my jaw practically drops to the floor. She’s stunning. I’ve never seen a more gorgeous woman. When she reaches me, she kisses her dad, then turns back to me. My breath is taken away once more. Seeing her again makes it feel even more real. I take her hands. I have to keep myself from slamming my lips into hers. It’s the hardest thing I have ever had to do.

“You look…” I couldn’t even think of a word to explain the way she looks. “I can’t even explain how completely and utterly gorgeous you look,” I whisper in her ear. Her smile lights up the room. I see her blush and look down. She hasn’t changed. She still acts all embarrassed when she blushes. I lift her chin and peck her lips.

“I love you,” I whisper.

“I do,” I say, smiling like an idiot.

“Alright, then I pronounce you husband,” the priest gestures towards me. “And wife,” he says, gesturing towards (Y/N). “You may kiss the bride,” he finishes. Finally. This is what I’ve been looking forward to since I asked her to marry me. I grab her body and dip her. I kiss (Y/N) and she giggles into the kiss. I just hold her there. I wanted to keep her here forever. I would’ve, but I heard music begin to play. That was our signal to walk back down the aisle, together, as husband and wife. I pull away and lifted her up. (Y/N) was smiling like a kid in a candy store. I couldn’t help, but smile as well.

“What was that about, Prince Charming?” (Y/N) asks me as I grab her hand and lead her back down the aisle.

“What? You mean the kiss?” I ask kind of sarcastically.

“Yeah, Romeo!” she blurts. I chuckle.

“I’ve been waiting months to do that to you,” I whisper in her ear, then I kiss her cheek.