Newt: Meeting For The 1st Time in The Glade

I was woken up by violent shaking and loud clanking noises. My eyes shot open. A cold sweat covered my face and back. I suddenly feel like vomiting. My stomach lets all the food in it go. The box begins to speed up. I try to stand and balance myself. The box rocks viciously, I stumble and hit my head on something hard, I think it was a box or a crate. I feel light headed. Consciousness is fading. I sit on the floor of the box and just wait until something happens. I lay my head on the cold metal. My eyes feel heavy and then finally they get too heavy for me to handle. Sleep takes over my body.

“It’s a bloody girl,” I hear a thick accented boy say. My eyes flutter open and I see a handsome, fit, young guy, with dirty blonde hair and gorgeous brown eyes. He has a big smile on his face, but his eyes show nervousness and fright. I stare back at him with the same look in my eye, but I don't’ have a smile. I’m too afraid. The boy puts his hand out to me. I hesitate before taking it. The muscular boy helps me stand. Then I see a look of concern come across his face. He reaches out and touches my forehead. When he does, I feel a sharp pain. I turn my head so he can’t touch it again. When he pulls away, I notice blood on his fingers.

“Are you alright, love? What happened?” the boys asks in his adorable accent. I just shrug.

“Well lets get you cleaned up Greenie. Then we’ll talk,” the fit guy tells me. He points up, out of the box. That’s when I notice it. There are at least 50 more boys staring down at me. I hear the boys above whisper stuff.

“She’s hot,”

“Can’t believe it’s a girl,”

“I call her,”

The boys just stare down at me. I just stare back. I feel tears forming in my eyes. I break the eye contact from the boys, when the first tear rolls down my cheek. The boy with me, in the box, who is still holding my hand, leans down to my ear.

“By the way my name is Newt,” he whispers in my ear.

“My name is (Y/N),” I tell Newt. He smiles widely at me. That’s when all the questions rain down in my brain. Why can’t I remember anything else except my name? Where am I? Why am I the only girl? Questions keep popping in my brain. Before I could even ask any questions, Newt helped me out of the box and 2 guys walked over to my, examining my cut on my forehead.

“(Y/N) this is Clint and Jeff. They are the Med-Jacks. These 2 guys will clean up your cut and fix it up good, love,” Next explains to me “I’ll answer all your questions after you are done and rest up, okay Greenie,”

I just nod. Then Newt wraps his arm around my torso and helps me to the building he calls the Homestead. Newt lays me down on a bed as Clint cleans and stitches my cut. Newt explains everything about the Glade, the Maze, and all the rules. I ask all my questions and he answers every single one to the best of his ability. After Clint is done he leaves Newt and I alone in the small room.

Newt kept his hand interlocked with mine the entire time. After Clint leaves, we just stare into each other's eyes. Newt smirks in the cutest way. I smile back, then Newt squeezes my hand.

“I like you Greenie,” Newt tells me. Then I slowly fall asleep. Before I fall asleep, I feel a warm pair of lips kiss my forehead. And I know it’s Newt.