Not This Game

Not This Game

Thomas and I were working on our homework at my house tonight. I pulled phone out from my bag and begin to scroll through tumblr.I see Thomas staring at me the entire time, out of the corner of my eye.

“What?” I ask. An evil smirk spreads across his face as he grabs my phone and runs for his life. I jump from my chair and chase after him. Thomas runs around the table, laughing hysterically.

“Thomas!” I yell, chasing him around the table. “Give it back!” I scream at him. He stops on the end of the table and I stop on the opposite end. Oh god not this game. He leans left then I lean right, mimicking his actions. He leans right and I lean in the same direction. Then Thomas starts to back up, into the hall. I climb onto the table and crawl across it.

“Thomas!” I yell as Thomas turns and runs into the hall. “Thomas! Give it back!” I scream as I jump off the table and sprint after him. Thomas stumbles over to the living room and jumped onto the couch. I saw him put the phone in his left hand, behind his back. I groaned as I walked into the living room.

“Thomas give it back,” I say, putting my hand out.

“No way,” Thomas says.

“Please,” I say, pouting at him. Thomas just shook his head. I leaned on my right leg and put my hands on my hips. “Thomas,” I said, annoyed with him. He just chuckled. Okay, that’s the last straw. I walked over to the couch and crawled on top of him. I was kneeling on the couch with Thomas’ legs between mine.

I didn’t realize how weird it looked until I did it. I looked up, into his eyes and saw something I wasn’t expecting. Thomas was smiling. He looked like he was happy. Maybe even satisfied by me doing this. I grabbed the phone from his hand, behind his back. Then I began to back off of him, but he laid his hands around my torso and held in on his lap. I glanced down at his hands then back up at his face. His smirk grew.

“Thomas?” I said, confused on what’s going on. He looks at me. It’s a different look than normal. He doesn’t look at me as a friend.

“Have you ever thought about us?” Thomas asks. I shrug.

“Yeah, I guess,” I say, not exactly knowing what he’s talking about.

“No, I mean have you thought about us... More than friends,” Thomas tells me. My mouth practically drops to the floor.

“What… No,” I lie. Of course I have. I just don’t want him to know that I have.

“Oh,” is all that Thomas says. He looks down, pulling his hands back to his sides and as far away from me as possible. I can see the hurt in his eyes.

“Have you?” I ask Thomas. He nods slowly, not looking up at me. I sigh and lift his chin, connecting my gaze with his.

“Me too,” I say. Thomas face lights up. I giggle.

“Really?” Thomas asks. I nod. He moves his hands back to their recent spot on my hips. Thomas’ smirk returns. Thomas moves closer to my face, then gets really close to my ear. So close that I can feel his hot breath on the side of my face. A shiver runs down my spine when his hand glides up the my side, ending at my cheek. I feel his soft touch dancing on my skin. Then I feel his face getting closer to my ear. His lips hover over my ear.

“I love you,” Thomas whispers very breathy into my ear. I feel his words hitting the side of my face.

“I love you too,” I inform Thomas. Then his lips slide down my cheek to my lips. I can’t handle it anymore. I grab his face in my hands and kiss him. Not long after he kisses back.