The Job

The Job

I was busing tables at my family’s restaurant when I saw him walk in. His dirty blond hair swished across his forehead. He has a smile plastered on his face and his eyes glance around the room. My attention is taken by this guy. He’s just so handsome, it’s hard to not stare.

I watch as he walks back by my dad, who’s bartending. The handsome stranger shakes my dad’s hand, then my dad hands him the “uniform”. Oh my gosh! He’s the new waiter my dad was telling me about. Then I see my dad point at me and say something to the guy. I quickly avert my eyes from them and continue my job.

“Umm… Excuse me,” I hear a British accent say from behind me. I turn around to see the blond guy standing there, rubbing the back of his neck, kind of nervously.

“Yes,” I say. The guy sticks out his hand and I shake it.

“Umm… I’m Thomas and I’m gonna be working here now. And well the owner told me to have you train me,” Thomas explains.

“Well, hello Thomas. I’m (Y/N). PS the owner is my dad,” I say, smirking. Thomas’ eyes kind of widen as if he’d said something wrong.

“Oh,” is all he says.

One Week Later

I finished training Thomas. God, he’s so amazing! He does so much charity work. And he’s so sweet to everyone.

“(Y/N)?” I hear Thomas say, waving his hand in front of my face, trying to get my attention. I shake my head, coming out of my daze.

“Oh… Um… Sorry, what?” I say.

“I asked if you were hungry. We are the last two here and we have to close up and I was wondering if you wanted something before we close,” Thomas asks.

“Umm… Sure,” I say shrugging. Thomas walks into the kitchen then comes out 10 minutes later with 2 hamburgers with fries. He sets one in front of me and the other in front of himself.

“Thanks,” I say.

“No problem,” Thomas replies. I take a bite and chew for a while.

“So, umm… Not to be too personal, but umm… are you in a relationship or something?” I ask, trying not to sound too nosy. Thomas turns to me and smiles.

“No, actually I’m not in a relationship,” Thomas says, smirking.

“Oh…” I say, looking down at my food. Thomas stares at me for a long time. Then I see him start to lean in. I feel flustered. I scoot my chair out. He watches me walk in like I was stupid to leave at that moment. Which I kinda was.

“Do you mind closing by yourself. I feel kinda tired,” I tell him. He looks down at his food.

“Yeah, I guess,” Thomas tells me, giving me a confused and kinda hurt look. I hurriedly grab my jacket and scurry out of the restaurant.

I’m almost to my car when I hear Thomas.

“(Y/N)! Wait! Please!” Thomas shouts, running after me. I stop in my tracks. Then I slowly turn around to see Thomas sprinted at me, full speed. His hair is flying up as he runs. I awe at how cute he looks, even when he runs. Thomas stops right in front of me and he huffs for a while, trying to catch his breath. I can feel his warm breath on my face. Thomas’ hands starts to move up and gently stroke my cheek with the back of his hand. I close my eyes and hold my breath so all my senses can focus on his touch.

“Why did you leave?” Thomas asks me. I slowly open my eyes and stare at him.

“Because I was scared,” I admit to Thomas. Thomas removes his hand from my cheek, btu takes my hand in his instead.

“Why were you scared?” Thomas asks me.

“I’ve never done this,” I say gesturing towards Thomas with the hand he’s not holding.

“Really? But you are so beautiful. How have you never had a boyfriend?” Thomas says, wide eyed and jaw dropped.

“I don’t know. I just usually get flustered and push people away,” I admit to Thomas. He squeezes my hand and I look down at my feet. I feel stupid now.

“Well, then we can take this slow then,” Thomas tells me, smiling. I smile back and realize I don’t need to build up a wall with Thomas.

I lean in and kiss him. I can tell he’s a little shocked at first, but eventually he kisses back.