𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈: Chapter 31

[Jungkook's POV]

After the meeting with Kang Jang-hyun, I impulsively went straight to the club with Jin and J-Hope.

I couldn't get the things that my father had said, off my mind.

"...I think that wife of yours is making your brain soft."

"...If Taehyung was my blood son, he would have been the one holding this position..."

I was furious. For my father to have attended my meeting and then made the decisions for me. Then he had the audacity to tell me those fucking things.

I just couldn't believe it. The mention of Taehyung's name really set me off. I was so infuriated about this whole thing that occurred, I had to let it go somehow. I needed to go to the club and drink. I haven't been there in a while. It felt different this time. I could care-less about the women in the room. I just wanted to drink with my boys and release this anger I was feeling.

"....He really fucking told me, I'm going soft." I took a sip from the alcohol bottle in my hand. "Who the fuck does he think he is? I'm the fucking Don now for fucksakes."

"Bro, I know you don't want to hear this, but..." J-Hope seem hesitant and cautious. "Uh it's true..." I glared at him. "I mean... ever since you came back from your vacation with your wife, you haven't been making the right decisions."

"I gotta side with J-Hope on this one bro," Jin cuts in. "You been giving mercy on people who betrayed us and what did we get out of it? We been getting setbacks."

"What happened to you man?" J-Hope rasped. "You haven't been thinking straight. You use to be a sharp thinker."

"And I think your father was just angry with you, since you were showing signs of weakness to the man," Jin alluded. "Remember what your father said, you gotta think before you speak and never let them know what you're thinking, that's where you can lose."

At first I was annoyed that they were siding with my father, but as they continue telling me all this, I couldn't help but start to really think about it.

My father always made sure to keep the appearance of affability in business meetings, but be smart enough on how to act in-front of them and how to answer.

But I still felt enrage of what my father had said.

Drinking with the boys didn't help. I was still feeling so angsty, and frustrated, I needed something. But alcohol didn't fucking help. I want to get rid of this angst feeling.

My mouth was feeling sore to the amount of alcohol, I had drank. I was feeling a little drunk, but I think I could manage. I just wanted to see my wife already.

I think all I needed was y/n. I needed her body—now.

As I got home, I told the boys to head to the office room, while I'll just have a few moments with my wife.

The maid told me the last time she seen y/n was in the living room. I made my way there, but stop at my tracks once I see who she was with.

Of course...it was Taehyung.

The last person I wanted to see at that moment. And he happens to be sitting too closely with my faithful wife.

I feel a boiling fury swelling up inside, and feeling my muscles tense, at the sight of the two.