𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈: Chapter 21

|| 10,000 hours - (JK cover) ||
When you think about forever now,
do you think of me?

I'd spend 10,000 hours and 10,000 more If that's what it takes to learn that sweet
heart of yours.
And I might never get there, but I'm
gonna try.
_______________________
♣ ♢ ♛ ♢ ♠

"Thanks for the food, baby," Jungkook compliments me, with a smile on his face. "I really appreciate you making it."

I look at him blinking my eyes, feeling taken back a bit. I can't let my guard down on him. I was about to say you're welcome but only manage to give him back a tense smile, trying my best to look friendly.

"Now go get ready and dress in something cute and comfortable," he tells me, as maids begin to take plates and glasses from the table. "I'm taking you somewhere. But don't even ask me where, I won't tell you. You just have to wait and see."

He's taking me somewhere?

Excitement grew inside me, but I remain calm and compose in my seat, acting like I'm unfazed.

Where could it be?

I sit back on my chair as I fold my arms, trying to figure out why he's suddenly acting all nice. But I can't really read him. I try to look like I don't care or that I had no interest on where he could be taking me. But he gives me an arrogant smirk.

It's crazy how he can easily switch up. One minute he's this scary lunatic and the next he's nice and chivalrous.

I can't trust him—no matter what he does.

***

The view on my window has turned to lushes forestry and expansive green landscape, as hip-hop music blares in the speeding car.

I look out to the front and see a beautiful backdrop of mountains from a far distance.

We were no longer in the city.

I take my focus towards the side view mirror and see the black car that has been following us from home. It's Jungkook's guards, who are also his soldiers working for the mafia.

My eyes flicker back towards the front and I can already see the huge crowd of people walking on the sidewalks.

I grew more curious and eager to finally know where he could be taking me.

This place isn't familiar to me. I don't think I've ever been here before. But judging from the large crowd, this place must be exciting.