𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈: Chapter 23

"Then why did you kiss Aera?" I asks him, feeling my voice go weak.

His head tilts and a look of confusion crosses his face.

"I walked in on you and Aera kissing at your office," I explain with hurt in my voice and a hint of frustration.

"What..." He looks at me taken back, sounding like this is news to him.

"That's why I was crying hysterically that day when I didn't want to talk to you at all," I further explain, trying to help him remember that day he cheated.

"I really don't know what you're talking ab—" He abruptly pauses, like something has dawned on him. "That bitch..." He looks away with irritation.

"Explain that," I sulk, as I fold my arms waiting for him to take account of what he had done against me.

"I knew she was there for something," He mumbles, under his breath.

I look at him puzzlingly, but anticipating for him to finally answer what had been clogging up my mind these past years.

Then finally he turns to look at me with hesitation until he takes a deep breath. "I was in my office and she barged in without my permission." His voice grew with irritation. "I had told her to get the fuck out, but everything after that was a blur. The next morning, I woke up wondering why I was still in my office. I really couldn't remember anyth—Fuck." He sidetracks, looking like he remembered something again. "That bitch, must have drugged the water I drank."

What?

Shock strikes my body as my mouth gapes slightly open and my breathing becomes light.

He looks away with exasperation. "Fuck, I'm so fucking stupid."

I don't even know how to react.

Wait, all this time...what I saw wasn't true?

I can't believe it. But now that I think back, I should have known this was Aera's doing. How could I be so stupid.

His eyes looks into mine with great sorrow. "Baby, I'm so sorry you had to see that. I swear, I didn't kiss her."

His hand cups my face as his thumb gently brushes my cheekbone. "Now, I feel so bad that," he releases a harsh breath, "that was the reason you weren't talking to me that night. But my stupid ass, lashed out on you..." His eyes downcast, unable to look me in the eyes.

"I'm sorry, baby." He gently pulls me into a nice and firm hug, as we melt into each other.

He didn't let go for a long while, as my head rests on his shoulder. The hug of his strong arms tells me everything—that he's here for me.

The deep rage I have of him kissing Aera is slowly lifting away, along with my pain and distress.

It gives me great sense of relief that he didn't kiss another woman when we were together. I think that is what hurt me the most to me out of everything he had done.

I bury my face deeper into him, getting a whiff of his fresh, musky yet sweet scent. Everything around us seem to fade. I only see and feel him. I feel safe again and I don't want him to ever let me go.

In his passionate touch and soulful eyes, being in his arms is where everything always feels right.

It feel like the stars are aligning and my heart feels like it's finally healing, falling right back in how it use to beat—for him.

𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬: The Trilogyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें