𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈: Chapter 21

[Y/n's POV]

The next day, my eyes slowly opens as I reach my hands out, trying to feel Jungkook's warmth.

I felt nothing but cold air.

My eyes open fully and see an empty space beside me. I don't even think he came home last night. His side of the bed doesn't look like it was touch. I immediately grab my phone to see if he had texted or called.

I sighed, feeling disheartened. There was nothing.

I tried to call him again and then again but still no answer. I laid back down onto the bed, feeling a sense of hopelessness.

The only thing I could think of was his safety. But my mood becomes worst when a flood of memories of what had happened the other day seeps into my mind. Grief sweep through my system once again, enveloping my body.

The whole thing yesterday was still hard to believe. I refuse to believe it, but I clearly seen it happened right before my eyes.

There was no reason for those men to have killed the guards like that. But I still refused to believe there were actual cruel people in this world killing innocent people.

***

I went on with my day hoping to finally see Jungkook's face, but he still hasn't shown up. I was beginning to get worried for him. What if something bad happened to him? Or maybe he just fell asleep in his office at Jeon Enterprise.

Maria had assured me and told me not to worry too much about him, and that he should be fine, it's just part of his job. He's apparently always been like this and will always be busy at work from the position that he hold.

But I really had thought that since we were married he would spend more time with me.

I shouldn't be selfish. He's a businessman, I should have known what I was getting myself into.

Maria had stayed with me the whole time, keeping me company throughout the day. I'm just so glad she works here. I don't know what I would do without her.

Being with her always reminded me of my mother back home in Boseong. I wish I could see her. The only thing that reminded me of her is the pink bunny plushie she had gotten me when I was younger. I had kept it with me in my old room and placed it on the bed, but since I share a room with Jungkook now, I kept it hidden in the walk-in closet.

The thought of my mother had suddenly changed my mood, and made me feel gloomy. These days my mood been fluctuating—always constantly changing. I'm happy one day, sad the next day and then pissed off for no reason. But this is part of a girl's life. I can't really do nothing about it.

After hanging out with Maria, I went straight back to Jungkook and I's room. I just wanted to be alone. I sat back at the balcony looking at the entire view of the backyard, trying to decompress myself. There's just been too much going on, I guess I really don't know how to fully deal with it.

I didn't realize I've been sitting there alone with my thoughts when I see the sun was starting to set.

I should get myself wash up before heading to bed.

Then suddenly I hear a door slam, making me jump. I quickly got up to look and about to step foot inside the room from the balcony, but abruptly stood still feeling shock to see him finally home.

It was Jungkook.

I wanted to run up to him and give him a hug but he rushes towards the walk-in closet, not even acknowledging my presence. He looks to be stressed out. I was nervous to go after him. But then I see a maid coming in, as she bows to me first, then goes towards the walk-in closet.

I soon follow right behind them curious as to why they were going in there. I get there and I see Jungkook picking out his clothes. Then came two more maids, dragging in Louis Vuitton luggages.

Jungkook still ignores my presence, as he continues to search for his clothes and giving them to the maids to put into the luggage.

"Start packing your stuff." Jungkook finally spoke, but quickly turns his attention back to his clothes and soon rummaging throw his drawers.

"Why? Where we going?" I ask timidly. "And where were you last night? I was waiting for—"

He cuts me off. "Can you stop asking questions, and start packing."

I stood quietly. I felt a little hurt the way his tone was towards me. I could tell he was irritated.

Jungkook took a deep sigh, and changes his tone to a nicer one but still have yet look my way. "We're going on our honeymoon."

He didn't sound to please. But my face lit up and mouth widens to a smile with the mention of a honeymoon. "Really?"

Jungkook finally looks at me, not looking too excited. Then turns away. He focused back on his clothes. "Just focus on packing quick. We're leaving in an hour."

I wanted to ask further questions and wanted to know if he was okay since he didn't come home last night. But from his tone and demeanour I think I should just let him be for now. He doesn't seem to be in a good mood.

I stood there watching him scrambling around his closet trying to find clothes, shoes, belts and all the other things he wanted to pack. I just wanted to give him a hug. I missed him so much. But I turned around and was about to start packing when I hear him say, "What is this stupid ass pink teddy bear doing here?"

I look and he's standing there holding my pink bunny plushie with the bold eyebrow in the air.

"Uh, that's mine." I quickly walk towards him and grabbed it off him.

"You're a grown ass woman." His voice was rising in annoyance. "Why the fuck are you carrying that thing around?"

"It's not just a thing, it was given—" I stop myself, feeling my voice would break if I continued and also because there really is no point in explaining to him.

He stares back at me and looks like he feels bad of what he said and I thought he was going to apologize but...he didn't.

"Just go get ready." He scoffs again, and turns back scrabbling through his closet.