𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈: Chapter 44

[Y/n's POV]

I wake up the next morning, feeling the heaviness of my eyes. The memory of last night immediately flashes onto my mind, feeling intense emotions in my stomach and pain in my heart. I'm too numb to even move.

I can feel Jungkook moving and his hand reaching towards me. I lay still on the far right of the bed. I lie silently with the blanket covering me. I just didn't want to be beside him considering how ruthless he was towards not just me but everyone. It was a side of him I never thought I would see.

I feel him slowly tugging onto the blanket feeling a cold draft as it slides down my arm until he uncovers it down my legs but then covers me back up.

I've went from craving his warm embrace, to not wanting to be near him. I don't even think I can look him in the eyes the same way again.

I feel him sit up, and seems like he sat there for a few moments. Then I suddenly hear him say 'sorry' to me so quietly, with guilt in his voice.

My heart ache with him reminding me again. I couldn't bare to turn around and face him. But then my heart broke into pieces hearing the sounds of his sniffling, like he was resisting tears. This was the first time I've seen Jungkook like this. He never let out any sad emotions, let alone cry.

I'm scared to face him and look him in the eyes, after last night. Although what happened last night was consensual, I can't help but feel like I've lost all connections with him. That's the most heartbreaking thing.

I just hope the loving spark in his eyes will return, since all I saw last night was cold black eyes. I could have swore his eyes were heavily dilated.

Tears that were welling up deep inside, finally courses down the side of my face.

But suddenly, I hear the sound of a phone ringing. It's his phone. But it abruptly stops. I guess he didn't want to answer it or he put it on mute.

Few moments later, I hear him immediately getting up from the bed and ruffling around. I think he's putting on his clothes.

I hear his footsteps towards the door, and once he gets to the door it seems like he stands there a few moments, until he quietly shuts the door, behind him.

The moment the door closes, I burst into a sob, that I've been so badly wanting to release.

I wanted him to stay and hold me.

***

[Jungkook's POV]

Once I got the phone call from Jin, I didn't even answer him or asked any questions. I immediately head to the hospital, as fast as I could.

I knew it was serious when my father had to be treated in the hospital. We never go to hospitals. It's risky for the mob. We had our own personal doctors to treat us. Only when it's serious injuries and wounds, hospitals become an option. But it's rare.

I tried telling myself that my father will be just fine, feeling my heart race as I gripped my hands right onto the wheel of my car.