𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈: Chapter 54

This is it.

It's finally midnight. I'm ready to leave this place. Jackson is already waiting outside near the gates in a spot where the guards won't see him.

I had only told him that a guy friend of mine had held me captive and I needed him to somehow come help me. But I don't know why a part of me was still protecting Jungkook.

Jackson had told me that it would be hard trying to get in if "this friend of mine" has guards at his gates. He had suggested that I somehow sneak out of here myself if I can, and that he would be waiting right outside near the gates. But if I struggle to still get out, then he'll try going into plan b and come into the house himself. I told him that midnight would be best to escape, where there was less staff roaming around.

I just hope that wherever Jungkook is, he doesn't come right now.

I know Jackson would be the right person to help me. After all, he had always let me know that he was here for me and to call him if I ever needed any help. Although, I didn't think I would ever call him for help, this was an emergency. He was the only one I could turn too.

I know I had promised to stay here with Jungkook, but I really can't stay here any longer. This is becoming way too much for me to handle. This whole house has always brought me nothing but pain.

I have to make my escape quick, knowing there's a possibility that Jungkook could be keeping watch of the cameras at this very moment. But it's a risk I'm willing to take.

I quietly walk down the dim staircase that leads down to the lobby of the house with a rush of adrenaline running through my veins.

But I abruptly stop when I see a tall figure standing in-front of a table-stand with his back facing towards me as he writes onto a paper.

It's Taehyung.

I can feel my panic rising and my heart rate races feeling like I'm having a heart attack. But I immediately try to steady my breathing as I quietly turn myself around to go back up.

"Wait," I hear him say.

My entire body freezes about to take another step up.

"No matter what you do, don't open your mouth," Taehyung calmly says, with his back still towards me. "Don't even look at me. Just head back up at the top of the stairs as if you're hiding from me."

Why does he want me hiding from him? What is he doing?

But I quickly obey him and walk up to top of the stairs as if I'm trying to hide from him. I peer down, finally seeing his side view and realize that he's wearing a black surgical mask.

"There's cameras everywhere in this house, so Jungkook will be able to see all of this after," he continues, still writing on the paper in-front of him. "He's in his office right now so if you want to escape, just listen to me carefully."

What?

"The guards in the front gates had been strictly ordered to keep an eye on you or people who will try to get you out. So I suggest that you follow behind me secretly towards the front gates, as I first deal with the guards. Ensure to keep watch of me, because I will give you a signal that it's safe for you to walk out of those gates, got it?" He finally places his pen down and casually walk out the entrance doors.

It suddenly hit me. He's trying to help me escape without showing the camera that he knew any of this or took any part. The reason why he has a mask on and writing on a paper with his back facing me is because it won't show him speaking on the camera and only shows him doing a normal task.