𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈: Chapter 52

|| House of Cards ||
A house made of cards, we're like idiots
Even if it's a vain dream, stay like this
A little more
_______________________
♣ ♢ ♛ ♢ ♠

Looking back at our time together, I was so genuinely happy with him. Those joyous moments are the only thing I want to remember to forget the Jungkook that I'm witnessing now.

He had many bad moments but his biggest one was when he locked me up. That's when I saw a glimpse of what he truly was. I just don't know how someone who could be so caring and loving, can also be that cruel.

The sun is finally setting as I glance around the balcony reminiscing of the past. I thought I had let it all go, but the happy memories are still so dear to me. I can feel my eyes swelling up with tears, but quickly suck it back in when I hear the sound of a door opening.

I hear the sound of boots hitting the floor, coming closer to where I'm sitting outside the balcony.

I already know who that could be. I quickly try to mentally prepare myself for what I'm about to face.

In my peripheral vision, I can see Jungkook coming outside the balcony looking around until he spots me sitting down on the chair then walks towards me.

My whole body tenses up as he finally sits down, near me. But I keep my gaze forward, not wanting to look his way.

He stays silent, but I feel his eyes on me. I finally take a quick glimpse and meet his gloomy eyes. He looks like he hasn't slept and his hair is coated in sweat.

"I heard you're not eating," he sighs

"I heard you're not eating," he sighs. His tone is calmer this time. It actually sounds genuine with a hint of concern in them.

I look away not answering, as I stare out into the backyard. I didn't have any energy to have a conversation with this man.

Suddenly one of the maids comes forward into the balcony with a tray of food and places it on the table infront of Jungkook and I, then quickly leaves.

"Here, please eat," he says as he drags the tray towards me. "I don't want you starving yourself."

I stay mute, still looking away.

How can he suddenly come in here and act all nice after all that had happened and expect me to converse with him and eat?

Does he not understand or realize I'm not mentally stable considering what he had done to Jimin and the fact that I'm forced to stay here with him.

It becomes eerily quiet between us, feeling the tension rising. I hear him sigh again and I quickly sneak a glimpse at him. His eyes are close with his hand on his forehead looking like he's trying to contain himself, making me suddenly nervous.