𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈: Chapter 45

4 DAYS LATER

♣ ♢ ♛ ♢ ♠

Jimin has been outta town for two days now. He's on a business trip in Daegu, and he should be coming home tomorrow morning.

The last time I really got to spend time with him was four days ago at that pool party. Ever since then we barely seen each other. He would come home late every night and now he's in a business trip accompanied by his soldiers.

I still can't help but think back towards that pool party. I'm still surprised how Jungkook didn't do anything. I expected he would go into a rage seeing Jimin and I. But he didn't.

I guess he really has moved on...

I shouldn't be thinking about him. He already made up his mind and asked Aera to marry him.

I should get him off my mind. But as hard as I try to push him away, my mind just brings him right back.

"Ms. Kim," Seri abruptly opens the door to my office, breaking me out of thoughts. "Are you ready for the social event this evening?"

"Yeah, I'll be out in just a minute," I reply.

She closes the door behind her, as I sit back in my office chair in silence trying to decompress. I had eight meetings today. It has been one of the longest days for me. I've just been so stressed out in my personal life, I was bringing it into work. It was hard for me to focus and get work done the way I used to.

I just wanted to go home, but it'll just be too lonely. Yoongi and Namjoon are home but they're too busy themselves in the home office. I don't know why they didn't accompany Jimin to that business trip, I guess it must have not been that serious.

But I should really go to that business social event happening tonight. It wasn't mandatory, but Seri had strongly encouraged that I should go with her. She told me it would be great that I'd go, and went on to tell me the reasons how it would benefit the company. I was persuaded by her points and had eventually agreed to go with her.

I glance at my pile of work again, and miserably groan. I think I'll just continue off tomorrow.

Seri is right. I have to relax and enjoy my night. I turn off my computer screen and close my folders and head out the office.

I glance down at my clothing attire debating if I should first get home and change. I'm wearing a matching white Chanel tweed jacket and skirt with a black turtleneck underneath.

I'm sure what I'm wearing is fine and plus I'll be at the event only for a little while. I plan on getting home early to sleep. I couldn't wait to see Jimin tomorrow morning.

Hopefully this event will help ease my mind and distract me from my overbearing thoughts.

***

Seri ended up driving both of us to the location of the event. It was held at the famous Lotte Hotel.

I glance at Seri as she drives, feeling a sense of gratitude towards her. She had been the biggest help towards me this week.

"By the way Seri, thank you,"I suddenly say, "you have done an amazing job helping me out. I couldn't have done it without you."

She seems as though something is bothering her, but then quickly gives me a smile. "I'm just doing the best I could to take as much work load from you, y/n. You seem to be stressed out more than ever this week."