𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈: Chapter 33

[Author's POV]

It has been a been a week since the day Jungkook had told y/n, what had really happened that night her roommates died.

Y/n and Jungkook had made up. She ended up forgiving him and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Jungkook always knew how to get to y/n. He always felt like it was too easy, since she was just so trusting and innocent from the very beginning he met her. Now that she had deeply fallen for him, he knew he had her wrapped around his fingers.

He truly did feel sorry for staging that night, but if he didn't do it, then he wouldn't be with her now. The love of his life.

He was also regretful for how he treated her when he had confessed to her the truth.

That day he just couldn't control his emotions. He just finished off a heated meeting with his father, feeling like he was questioning his abilities, then spitting on his face about Taehyung, to coming home to see the same guy with his wife. All the stress and built up emotions just came out. The alcohol he drown himself him, in hopes of helping didn't help at all. Instead it clouded his judgement and fired him up even more.

Ever since then, Jungkook became too busy for his wife. Y/n was starting to feel the distance between them. She even took notice how stressed he had been this past week.

Now that Jungkook, along with the rest of the boys had left for Daegu for a business trip, Hyori and Aera decided it was a perfect time to pay her daughter-in-law a visit.

Y/n was surprised to see Hyori and Aera standing in the living room, looking like they were waiting for someone.

Y/n couldn't help but feel nervous to see the sight of them, since the last time she had seen them wasn't a pleasant one.

She quickly bowed before them.

"Annyeonghaseyo...eomeonim." Y/n gave a friendly smile. She chose to forget about the past. Like always she forgave others and assumed that deep down people aren't as mean as they project themselves to be and that there's a good in everyone.

Hyori scornfully laughed and so did Aera. "You have no right to call me mother," Hyori scoffed. "And you never will."

Y/n felt dishearten from her mother-in-law's words. She looked down on the floor, scared to meet their eyes.

Aera looked at y/n with disgust and irritation. "You really think you can live here like a princess."

Y/n finally glanced up towards Aera, wanting badly to say something but no words came out.

"I just wonder..." Hyori folded her arms, walking closer to her, examining her. "What is sooo good about you, that you managed to get with my son. I'm still trying to figure it out."

Aera chuckled, as she looked at the pitiful and quiet y/n.

"I mean he been with plenty of beautiful, rich, and intelligent high-class woman before, what makes you the lucky winner?" Hyori scornfully said, as she raise an eyebrow.

Y/n couldn't help feeling her heart ached, as Hyori emphasizes on the women, Jungkook been with. She was even starting to look down on herself. "Why did Jungkook even pick me?" She thought.

Aera's hate for y/n runs deep, so she was loving every moment of this. She felt like y/n was being put in her place. Which was something she been eager on doing.