𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈: Chapter 37

|| Louder Than Bombs - BTS ||
Here I stay, pray
Just for better days
Everyday a maze
Wonder if this is my place.
_______________________
♣ ♢ ♛ ♢ ♠

Jungkook drove in utter silence all the way home, not even glancing at me once.

When we pulled up on the drive way, he takes a deep sigh, and finally turns to look at me. I was feeling timid to look at him. But before he can speak, I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt and went straight inside.

I ran up into our room, feeling so overwhelmed.

What just happened?

It was still hard to gravitate the whole situation. I feel myself getting dizzy. I really don't know what to believe.

Jungkook soon came into our room, with a calm composure.

How can he be so calm right now?

He seems to look unaffected all of a sudden. Like nothing had happened.

"That woman is crazy," Jungkook simply said, taking off his jean jacket. It seems like he was trying to brush off the situation.

"Is it true?" I quietly utter, trying to keep my voice from breaking.

"Huh?" Jungkook turns to look at me, looking bemuse and slightly irritated.

"Is it true?" I ask again, voice shaking as my eyes swell up in tears.

He looks at me for a moment, then his expression hardens.

"Don't ask me about my business." Anger crept into his voice. His jaw clenches, looking like he's trying hard to contain himself but his frustration erupts as he slaps his hand hard onto the nearby table stand.

"Don't ever ask me about my damn business!" he shouts as he aggressively swipe off all the items on the table to the floor.

I wince. But stood still, in a frozen state, trying to even my breathing.

Jungkook clench his fist into a ball, and exhales harshly. I can see him trying hard to recollect himself. He then takes out his cigarette and lights it up.

His expression softens, and looks my way. "Alright, you want to know?" his voice calm and low, as he exhales the smoke. He then nudges his temple with the hand that held the cigarette between the index and middle finger.

"Ok, ask me again," he said, gesturing with his hand, that held the cigarette.

"Is it true?" I utter, starring at him with teary eyes.

Jungkook walks closer to me. His cold eyes bore into mine deeply, as he brings the tip of the cigarette again onto his lips.

He exhales the smoke, clouding his face until it fades. "No, baby. It's definitely not true at all."

Before I can speak, he pulls me into a stiff hug. I can feel his hand on the back of my head, pulling me close onto his chest, as the other hand caresses my back.

I finally felt myself feeling less tense, from his warm yet tense hold.

My shoulders drop in resignation. "Okay..." I snuggle my head even closer to his chest. "...I believe you."