𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈: Chapter 39

THE NEXT DAY
♣ ♢ ♛ ♢ ♠

[ 𝗬/𝗡'𝘀 𝗣𝗢𝗩 ]

"Hey y/n, I'm on my way to drop the kids."

It's a text from my employee but also a friend of mine Shiho. Last night she had texted me reminding me that I'm taking care of her kids today which I had offered weeks ago. But with everything going on, I completely forgotten. I'm not even sure if having them in this house was even okay but I couldn't say no to her so last minute.

I instantly run downstairs to the living room to wait for their arrival and to prepare my speech to the guards to somehow allow them in.

Jin passes by and abruptly stops to greet me. "Good morning, y/n."

"Good morning," I say but all that's on my mind is how Jungkook is going to react.

Jin walks towards me with concern on his face. "I've heard the other day that Jungkook basically tried to kill you with a knife...uh sorry for him." I can hear the sincerity in his voice. "And then yesterday I heard you fainted, are you okay now?"

I nod my head towards. "Why are you apologizing for him?

"Because I know that when he comes back into his senses he'll hate what he had done." He sighs. "He doesn't seem to be in the right mind again and I'm saying sorry on behalf of him."

I stay silent as he steps closer towards me with a wistfully expression and as if he didn't want anyone hearing. "I think ever since you left him at the lake house and chose Jimin...it affected him a lot and then to have his father's death right after...I guess he's just trying to put out his pain onto you or something."

He sighs once again as if he's stressed out about this whole thing. "I really don't like Aera but he legitimately married her. It's not fake or anything. It's as real as it can be. I can't believe Aera is a Jeon. Sometimes I think he's trying to ease the pain through Aera."

I was about to speak, but I get interrupted by a sudden squawk sound follow by a staticky noise coming from Jin.

"Don Jungkook!"

Jin pulls out the walkie talkie from his pocket.

"It's Kim Seokjin, I'm responsible for the calls today."

"Well um," the man responds, follow by static noises, "there's this woman here named Yano Shiho who has four kids in her car saying she's friends with Ms. Kim and is here to drop her kids off."

Jin looks at me, and I quickly say to him, "She's with me! Please let her in. It's just her kids."

There's a hint of hesitance in him but I plead with my eyes, hoping he will allow this.

"Let them in," Jin speaks towards the walkie-talkie.

***