𝐍𝐢-𝐤𝐢

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

  "Let's go to the beach!" My friend, Hyein forced me to go to the beach with her and a few other friends of ours. Me being the introvert I was, didn't want to go but ended up going so Hyein wouldn't be sad.

  I sat under the shade, making sand castles by myself while Hyein and the others played in the water. Just looking at the water brings me back to the dark memories. In the distance I could see Hyein's figure making its way towards me.

  "Y/n come on! It's not fun without you." Hyein said, dragging me to the waters. The beautiful waves that came closer weren't as beautiful as everybody would say. They looked mesmerizing under the moon, but under the sun I couldn't help but look away.

  "I can't swim." I blurted out as an excuse but it was obvious I was lying. "Oh come on we all know you can swim Y/n!" Danielle shouted from the water with her Aussie accent. I gave up and let Hyein drag me into the water.

  I stared at the waves that were forming and let them drown me. I must admit it was fun,  but I didn't want the dark memories from long ago lingering in my mind. "Y/n!" I heard Minji's sweet voice call out while I was deep in thought.

  I rested my eyes while I floated in the shallow water. After a while I got pulled back into reality. "Y/n! I've been calling you this whole time!" I heard Minji shout. "I'll be right back." I said and walked back towards our sitting area.

  Putting on the over-sized shirt I neatly placed by the chairs, I walked over to the ice cream stand. "I need something sugary." I stood in front of the ice-cream server and quickly scanned the menu.

  "I would like to have a mint chocolate ice-cream please." The server nodded and wasted no time, getting straight to scooping the ice cream. While I waited I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned my head to be met with a tall boy.

  "Can I help you?" I asked while staring into the boy's eyes. "Um, I wanted to know if you wanted to join me and my crew? We need one more player for the game of volleyball.." He hesitantly asked.

  "Sure! Let me get my ice cream first." I accepted and grabbed my ice cream. He took my hand and ran to his friends with me. I munched on the ice cream while he took me there. "Um before we play, what's your name?" He asked after I threw my garbage away.

  "Y/n, L/n Y/n." I answered. "What's your name?" I asked back. "Hi Y/n, I'm Nishimura Riki but you can call me Ni-ki." He said with a boxy smile which I found cute. 

  "Nice to meet you, Ni-ki." I said, returning the smile. After a match of volleyball with Ni-ki and his friends he invited me over to sit with him. I sat down with him and he pulled his phone out. 

"Can I get your number? Maybe we could do this another time.."