𝐉𝐚𝐤𝐞

☆ ★ ✮ ★ ☆

☆ ★ ✮ ★ ☆

  "Come here!~" You click your teeth, clapping your hands and trying to get Layla to come inside. "Layla!" You call out, clapping your hands louder. But she wouldn't come inside. "Layla, come here girl!"

  You kept telling the dog to come inside, clapping your hands with more force. Layla sat in the backyard, staring at the woods which surrounded the back area of the backyard. From time to time barking at the trees, as if something was there.

  The sun was setting, and you knew better than to whistle at that time, as Jake told you not to. Saying, "It attracts bad things." But right now, you need Layla inside, now. If she wasn't inside by the time Jake finished cooking it would be bad to go near the woods.

  You let out a loud whistle, Layla hesitatingly putting up her paw before coming to you. You quickly crouch down, "Layla listen." You say softly, trying to get her to come closer until you heard a very loud gutteral scream coming from the front of the house.

  Both you and Layla flinch, knowing it wasn't Jake. "He'd never scream like that.." You thought to yourself, as Layla runs inside and barks loudly. You glance around the backyard, before staring directly into the woods.

  You felt a presence there, there was something in there. You immediately get up, keeping your gaze away from the woods. "It wants to kill you, and looking at it will only make everything worse."

  You quickly go inside, shutting and locking the door as you pull the blinds down. "Jake!" You call out, taking off your shoes and going to the kitchen. Where Jake was petting Layla. "Jake." You say, coming close to him and sitting beside him.

  "Yeah? What's wrong?" He replies, giving your forehead a soft kiss. "I was outside, and.. there was like a.. a very loud scream from the-" Jake quickly cuts you off with a hand to your mouth, he shakes his head.

  "I heard it, but don't talk about it. Act like you don't know." He whispers, before taking his hand away from your mouth. Petting Layla a little before standing up. "Let's eat?"

☆ ★ ✮ ★ ☆

☆ ★ ✮ ★ ☆

  "I'm gonna go to the car first!" You say, grabbing the last of your things before opening the door to leave. It was dark out, the moon shining brightly over you. Jake was putting on his shoes, gathering a few of his things as he let you go to the car first.

  You quickly go down the front steps, making your way to the gate as you were about to glance around your surroundings you quickly kept your gaze down. Feeling that same presence from yesterday, when you were trying to get Layla to come inside.

  "Shit, Jake doesn't know.. he might look.." You thought to yourself, looking down at your shoes before keeping your gaze straight on the car. You gulp your saliva, feeling the thing in the woods staring you down.

  Watching your every move, just waiting for you to look so it can make its move of harming you. You kept your eyes on the car, trying your best to act like you didn't think anything was there. Walking quickly, but not to fast.

  Once you make it to the car, you quickly open the door. Setting your bags down by your feet as you sat down, pulling one leg in, getting comfortable before pulling the other leg in. You could've sworn you felt something grab your ankle..

  But, you ignored it. Shutting the car door tightly, feeling a shiver run down your spine. Jake came out of the house, shutting the front door and locking it before looking at you, smiling and waving.

  Just as he was about to look around you mouthed the words, "There's something there." As you mouthed this, Jake kept his eyes locked on yours. Furrowing his eyebrows as he quickly makes his way into the car.

  "Babe, you saw something?" He whispers, as he starts the car engine. Pulling the car out of the driveway, and starting to drive straight down the road carefully. "I didn't look, obviously." You reply, finding your phone from your bag and going on it.

  Jake reached his hand out to fix the rear-view mirror, one hand on the steering wheel while the other was on the rear-view mirror. "Obviously." He says after you, glancing into the mirror and checking to see if there were any cars behind him.

  As he looks into the rear-view mirror, he felt that same presence behind the car. Glancing at it, and quickly looking away and putting his hand on your thigh. Giving your thigh a squeeze to grab your attention.

  You shut off your phone, looking in his direction in confusion. You place your hand on his hand, raising an eyebrow. "What is it?" You ask softly, scanning Jake's face and realizing something is wrong. He pulls his lips closer to your ear, whispering,

"It's following us."