Homecoming Pt.4 Intro

It had been a month since my last heart attack and you'd think that I'd be taking it easy but that wasn't the case I stood at a very large desk with the city at my back. God if I didn't love Zyshaun like a brother I wouldn't even be doing this but here I was leading the company he started since he was still incarcerated........ not only that a month ago I was raising two boys now I had five, Saint and Trinity had moved in with is while Zyshaun was away, then to top it off Michelle decided to pop out a baby so that meant I barely got any sleep.

"Mr. Cunningham your husband is here to see you." Zyshaun's secretary Kim said through the intercom. I quickly put in some eye drops and checked my eyes so Marcus wouldn't be able to tell how tired I really was before pressing the button to unlock the door. Marcus walked in and my world brighten, honestly he was my serenity and kept me from jumping off the deep end. He held a car seat in hand and I had to admit he looked kinda sexy, I walked around my desk and kissed Marcus before leaning down and kissing Marquise.

"Zyshaun should be getting out in a couple days, it was like trying to pull teeth to get him out....... baby are you alright?" Marcus asked.

"Yeah I'm fine just a little tired...... how's my boys doing?" I asked taking Marquise out of the car seat.

"When I left my mom had them doing their homework..... I think Noah still upset that we have him missing practice." Marcus said quietly.

"Our plan didn't work, Julius having Zyshaun put in jail threw everything off and that shyt with Tia really fucked Enzo up........ and everyone is one guard because there's no telling when he's going to make his next move." I said trying not to wake the baby.

"We'll get through this Khalil...... we always do." Marcus said kissing me. I nodded slowly and handed him the baby.

"I'm so fucking tired...... have you talked to Devin?" I asked wondering what he was up to, lately him and Sa'vion have been hanging out a lot more and I had a feeling they were up to no good.

"No but I'll stop by there before I go home, do you want me to bring you anything?" Marcus asked and I shook my head.

"No baby I'll see you when I get home......." I said kissing him again. "I love you Marcus." I said looking in his eyes.

"I know you do...... I love you too, I'll see you later. Say bye to daddy." Marcus said and Marquise opened his eyes a little before going right back to sleep. They left and I went right back to my desk, I should've told him....... we promised we weren't going to keep secrets from each other but he had enough to worry about concerning the boys, I didn't want to add to his stress plus this was my burden to bare. I grabbed my phone and looked at the message I received an hour ago, I stared at the picture of Noah at school and the words 'Protect what's precious to you'..... Julius was taunting me and the fact that he could get that close to Noah made me want to catch him even more.

"Mr.Cunningham, I'm sorry to bother you but you're getting a call from Afghanistan?" Kim said and I quickly grabbed the phone, this was the first time Cam had called since he left and I was dying to talk to my little brother.

"Cam?" I said quickly.

"Hey....." That was the only word he was able to get out before breaking down, I felt horrible for my little bro and I couldn't imagine what he was seeing over there. We spent an hour on the phone, he told me stories that hurt my heart.

"Cam just take it one day at a time and before you know it you'll be home with your family, I love you Cam." I said quietly.

"Thanks Khalil...... I gotta go, I love you too big bro." He said hanging up, I felt even worse for not telling him about Liberty or what was going on back here because I knew that would only make his year over there a lot more difficult, I leaned back in my chair and made a promise right there by the time Cam got home Julius would either be in jail or dead and I meant that.........................