Young Mon 11

I had to admit Zyshaun had a flare for the dramatic, he turned his entire basement bar into a miniature courtroom but instead of a judges bench he sat in a gold and purple throne wearing a bathrobe with the monogram 'ZP' engraved across his chest. Needless to say my boss had to be bored as fuck to come up with this, their were two desk and on one side sat Marcus who acted as the prosecution.... I was already not liking my chances because I've seen Marcus get Yuri out of all his trouble so what could Devin (who acted as my defense attorney) do against him. The jurors were Enzo, Legacy, Khalil, Blaze, Liberty, Miss Angela and Tonya who all shoot me evil looks as if they wanted to take turns beating my ass........ Oh well I guess the best I could do was plead my case and pray that Zyshaun's anger had dissipated some, but judging from the look on his face I seriously doubt it.

"Ramone you stand accused of treason of the highest order...... how do you plea." Zyshaun asked looking at me and Devin.

"Not guilty by reason of duress. Zyshaun my........." Devin started to say but Zyshaun pulled a hammer out of nowhere and started banging it against the chair.

"Your honor." Zyshaun said smirking.

"Yeah I'm definitely not calling you that...... as I was saying as it's been made clear to everyone here Ramone acted out of desperation to protect his sister something everyone in this room would've done. So I'm asking the men and women of this 'jury' to find it in their hearts to clear the accused of all charges." Devin said sitting next to me.

"You actually sound like you know what you're talking about." I whispered and Devin smirked.

"Thanks my mom watched a lot of Law and Order so I picked up a few things." Devin whispered back, we turned our attention back to Marcus who was sitting there writing something down in his notebook.

"Counsel the floor is yours." Zyshaun said impatiently. "And could you make it fast I'm trying to get to my favorite part of the trial.... the sentencing." He said shooting me a evil look.

"Zyshaun....... men and women of the jury especially the cute one in the black v-neck." Marcus said referring to Khalil. "Given the severity of everything that's happened....... and gross negligence of the accused that caused most of the injuries you've all sustained I'm convinced that you'll join me in finding the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt." Marcus said turning to me.

"Okay I'm bored with this whole trial making your closing statements, then we'll a short recess before reconvening." Zyshaun said looking utterly bored. Marcus went first and went on a long tirade about loyalty and honesty before sitting back down and closing his notebook.

"Let me talk." I whispered to Devin, who just shrugged. I stood up and faced Zyshaun. "I fucked up..... I should've come to you with my problem instead of acting selfishly. You've been nothing but good to me since I was a nappy-headed kid in Boston and I turned on you and for that I apologize....... but if I had to make the same decision I'd do it again in a heartbeat because this wasn't just some random person that Julius had it was my sister and I wouldn't risk her safety for anything just like no one on that jury would risk the people they care about. So whatever you decide I'll take it like a man..... that's all I got." Zyshaun looked at me and I couldn't read him.

"Mama Angela you mind on fixing me a peanut butter and banana sandwich." Zyshaun said turning away from me. Everyone started filing out except for Marcus who smirked in my direction.

"Just play along." He whispered. "Despite his demeanor Zyshaun really does care about you." Marcus said before walking out the bar. I turned around and Zyshaun was standing there staring at me.

"So if they decide I'm guilty what do you plan on doing to me?" I asked looking in his eyes.

"I haven't decided yet..... I could hang you by your thumbs in my dungeon or I could force you to watch Saint and Trinity while I go on vacation once this damn ankle monitor comes off....... or I could make it some that you never rap again in life..... I have many options in front of me and I'm still debating on what I want to do. Ramone why didn't you come to me? You know I would've done everything I could to make sure your sister was safe." I explained to him what Julius promised to do if he found out someone was looking for my sister and he just shook his head. "Damn Ramone I really wished you would've told me........."

"I know but this shyt with Nico already had me fucked up and then my sister and now I feel like I'm losing everything........ my dude, the man that's had my back through everything, my friends......."

"What's going on with Nico?" He asked so I told him about the letters I found in Nico's apartment and his rage almost took on a physical form. "Hmm I really wish I wasn't on fuckin house arrest......... look why don't you go upstairs while I burn off some of this anger." Zyshaun said walking through the door that lead to his gym. I walked upstairs and mostly everyone stopped talking except for Blaze and Devin, I decided to go outside since it was clear they were talking about me I walked to the basketball court where Saint was shooting around with Noah.

"Wassup Ramone?" Saint asked smiling a little too much.

"You know your dad is going to kick your ass if he finds out you've been smoking right?" I asked immediately recognizing the signs that he was high as fuck.

"That's what I told him but he doesn't listen to me........ what were y'll in there doing?" Noah asked looking at me suspiciously. I didn't know how much he knew but I wasn't going to tell him anything and risk pissing Khalil of even more.

"Ayy don't tell him...... he's got enough to worry about." Saint said shooting the ball, missing drastically and laughing hysterically.

"You know he's going to find out...... he always finds out." I said shaking my head, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and walked away from these two knuckleheads.

"How are things back in Texas?" The person said and I had to do a double take.

"Yuri?" I asked and he laughed quietly. "Man Zyshaun has been going crazy not knowing where you were.... matter fact were are you and when are you coming back?" I asked walking back towards the house.

"I needed to get away for awhile..... and reevaluate my life. I figured it was safest to call you because you wouldn't run your mouth. So how is Zy?" Yuri asked and I gave him a quick run down of everything that's been going on. "Damn maybe I need to come back........ soon just not right now. Look it was good talking to you but I gotta go." Yuri said hanging up. After walking back to the courts and playing a couple rounds with Noah and Saint Devin came back out to get me.

"Ayy Ramone they've made there decision." He sad not making eye contact. Fuck it..... I walked back inside and down to the basement where everyone was sitting in their exact same spots.

"All rise for the reading of the verdict....... Will the foreman please state your ruling." Zyshaun said as Khalil looked directly at me. "What have you decided?"

"We the ghetto jury hereby find the defendant........." Even though this was a fake trial my heart was racing because I honestly didn't know what they were thinking and it scared me a little. I closed my eyes and said a little pray and waited to hear my fate........................................