Legacy 110

As Me, Cam, Devin and Will got fitted for our tuxedos Khalil and Lorenzo sat in the corner talking in extremely hushed tones; but I could tell by Khalil's facial expression he was trying to process what Lorenzo was telling him, we had both came to the very real possibility that there was a chance that his cancer had come back. I wanted him to go and get checked but he thought it was best to wait until after the wedding; which lead to an argument as much as I loved Lorenzo it was extremely frustrating that he was putting others before himself.... yet again. Hopefully Khalil could convince him to go get checked out because the longer he put it off the worse it may become; I looked over at Devin and Cam who were joking around and there was another person I was worried about, I've known Cam longer than everyone so I knew when he had a lot on his mind. This was different then when he got back from Afghanistan and different then when Ms. Carmen died, he seemed like he had a more cold focus like he was plotting world domination or something.... maybe I was trippin.

"Ayy Tragedy we're about done here, what are we doing next?" Cam asked smiling in my direction. "Y'all two can't come y'all are too old and I don't feel like having to stop every five minutes because y'all are tired." Cam said looking at Lorenzo and Khalil.

"Little bro you better pray when you get to be my age you can still do half the things I can do, just ask Marcus. I can keep up with the best of them and still have enough energy to beat your ass with one hand tied behind my back. And me and Zo got somewhere to be anyways so fuck you Cam." Khalil said smiling.

"Where y'all going?" I whispered to Lorenzo as we started putting the tuxedo's back on the hanger.

"The doctor..... before you trip the only reason I'm going is because he agreed to pay for Ace and Ivanna's next five birthdays so see baby I turned a negative to a positive..... but Tia called me last night." Lorenzo said quietly and I was still tempted to have Liberty beat Tia's ass for up and leaving like she didn't have two kids.

"Why didn't you tell me? You know I would love to talk to Tia...." I said sarcastically.

"Because I had just finished fucking you to sleep, but look I gotta get going I'll call you and tell you what the doctor says. I love you Legacy." Lorenzo said kissing me.

"Tragedy hurry up we have to finish planning the....... y'know." Cam said quietly looking over at Devin. 

Once we were finished getting our suits we dropped Devin and Will off, then picked up Rex and Young Mon we were supposed to be planning Devin and Blaze's bachelor party since they were adamant that they wanted a joint one, Cam wanted to go all out but I knew that wasn't their personalities, they would want something small and more intimate.

"I don't care what they want this isn't for them, this is for me..... and I guess y'all too but mostly me. After everything I need one night where I can let loose and why not make it on my brother's dime." Cam said smiling.

"So what exactly does this bachelor party entail because I know for one thing neither Devin or Blaze are interested in strippers." Rex said smirking.

"Right and given you taste in women the last thing I wanna see is a bunch of big girls shaking their stomachs..... no offense." Young Mon said looking at me and Cam.

"Just leave the planning to me and my boy Dro..... who should be landing any minute now, besides, I got something special lined up for Devin and Blaze so most likely they won't be there for most of the night. Now everybody has their marching orders, let's meet back up at Legacy's house around ten." Cam said and everybody walked off doing the things Cam had for us to do.

"You aight bro?" I asked sitting next to Cam.

'I'm good, I've been talking to my granddad a lot and he's actually been helping me a lot more than that damn therapist Enzo set me up with.... I've always hated the word therapist because if you break down the word it becomes 'the rapist' it's kinda hard trusting someone like that." Cam said laughing.

"So your still not going to tell me exactly what you're up to? Come on Cam if everything is all good why won't you tell me what it is?" I asked.

"Because I literally CAN'T say anything, you know if I could I would tell you but I can't just trust me if it was something bad I wouldn't be doing it." Cam said quietly.

"I'm just worried about you bro, you've been there for me, Enzo, Devin..... hell everybody but you still need someone to be there for you besides Lorenzo." I said.

"Yo where has Domo been I swear that nigga has been M.I.A. for a couple days now.... now that I think about it I haven't seen him in almost two weeks." Cam said changing the subject.

"He's been chillin with Vanessa, but look we got a lot of shyt to get done so let's knock this out so we can get back to the house."

After a long an exhausting day we were all back at my house chillin and drinking, I still hadn't heard from Enzo about what the doctor said so I was anxious as fuck. Ricardo and Alejandro were helping Cam with the planning, while my mom was upstairs with Ivanna and Ace; I tried calling Lorenzo again and got his voicemail, then I called Khalil and got the same thing.

"I'M IN THIS BITCH!!!" Liberty said busting through the door and striking a pose, with Cadence.... I swear I couldn't stand her sometimes. But then someone walked in that I really wasn't expecting, Zyshaun motioned for me to follow him and I walked into the kitchen since it was relatively empty.

"I need a favor, do you still got a couple connections at the police station?" Zyshaun asked quietly, while glancing at Cam who was making a sandwich.

"Yeah....what's going on Zy?" I asked.

"I just need a few of them on standby, don't get those same dudes that didn't help with the Julius situation either.... I'm still pissed they weren't where they were supposed to be. Never mind that I'll explain everything later just have them get in touch with my people at this number." Zyshaun said before walking over to Cam and taking the sandwich off his plate. I walked back into the living room and started pacing around, why the fuck wasn't Lorenzo picking up his damn phone? Did something happen? Was he too afraid to tell me what was wrong? I was starting to lose my mind.....

"Boy if you don't sit down somewhere, you making me nervous as fuck." Liberty said looking at me.

"More like making you hungry, but I'm telling you Liberty you better quit looking at me like I'm a helpless gazelle and you're a hungry hungry hippo....." I said and I had to run across the room because she had pulled out her knife.

"You got one more time." She said and I smirked, I loved messing with her.

"Ayy leave my baby alone." Lorenzo said walking in with Khalil and Marcus. I could tell from the way he was walking he was fine which meant I was going to beat his ass for making me worry. We walked upstairs into our room and he tried to kiss me but I stopped him. "I left my phone at Khalil's I'm sorry for not calling and telling you what they said and it's nothing just a UTI, so we can breathe a sigh of relief I'm still cancer-free." Lorenzo said smiling.

"So you've known probably all day and you decided that instead of calling and easing my concern you'd just........" My next few were lost by what sounded like a million firecrackers going off at once, but I knew better my few years on the police force had taught me the difference between firecrackers and the sound I just heard which was gunshots...........