Noah 21

I'm pretty sure I just had my best weekend ever...... I know I say that a lot but I don't think anything can or will top this at least not during my freshmen year. Party after party, chillin in the mall, big ass fight in the parking lot with a rival football team, running from the cops then more parties later, honestly for the first time in a while I actually had fun. But I knew once I got home I had to talk to my dad...... honestly that scared more anything because I saw the sadness in his eyes when I brought up his mother. I knew that was something that caused my dad a lot of pain and heartache but it's also something I felt I needed to know for myself because that was part of who I was. As me and Saint drove to the house I could tell something was bothering him in fact he's been acting nervous all weekend like he was afraid of something he almost never went to the main house and  I was starting to think it had something to do with Uncle Zy.

"You good Saint? You've been a little jumpy since we got home on Friday." I asked and he nodded.

"We'll talk about it in school tomorrow, you got too many nosy ass people in your house." Saint said smirking. I shrugged because it must not be that important if it could wait a whole day. We got to my house and Trinity ran straight upstairs to Cori's room while me and Saint walked into the kitchen before stopping dead in our track..........

"It started when we were younger, you were mine..... my boo. Now another brother's taken over but it's still in your eyes.... my boo. Even though we used to argue it's alright I know we haven't seen each other in awhile but you will always be...... my boo..." Dad number one singing off key as fuck.

"I was in love with you when we were younger, you were mine..... my boo. And I see it from time to time, I still feel like my boo and I can see it no matter how I try to hide..... my boo. Even though there's another man who's in my life, you will always be...... my boo." Dad number two sang smiling. "Yes I remember boy, cause after we kissed I could only think about your lips....." Dad number two said before they started kissing and I knew it was time to stop them before it went too far.

"Can y'all please stop....." I said scaring them.

"Man y'all some freaks, Noah I'll be down in your room....." Saint said shaking his head.

"Umm Noah you should probably know that Sa'vion is coming over for dinner." Dad number two said quietly. I shrugged and turned to dad number one peering into his eyes.

"I'm ready whenever you are....." I said and he tensed up for a brief second before relaxing and leading me to the backyard. We walked over to the bench between the two burning bush plants and sat there quietly for a second until he took a deep breath and started talking.

"Whenever people ask me about my mom only two women come to mind........ Lorenzo's mom and Mama Angela. Because my relationship with my mom was almost non-existent, growing up was tough she would steal what little money I made shoveling snow or raking leaves to support her drug habit..... I remember one year I was saving up some money to throw Devin a birthday party because I don't think up til that point he ever had one she took that and disappeared for a week." My dad said quietly. "One day she got arrested and me and Devin got separated...... I didn't see my little brother for ten years and I blamed her..... I still blame her." He said with a far away look in his eyes.

"What about her family? Did she have any brothers or sisters?" I asked.

"She had one brother...... my uncle Louis that's where my middle name comes from but he died when I was 13 and her parents died before I was born so it was essentially just me and Devin..... and Enzo." He added smiling. "A couple years ago she came back into our lives but that's only because she was sick needed one of our kidneys...... she died and I decided to keep it moving. I forgave her for everything except what happened with Devin...... so that's the story of my birth mother and why I got so pissed when I thought you were smoking weed because I saw first hand how drugs can ruin your life and I'll be damned if I let that happen to you....." He said looking in my eyes.

"Dad you don't have to worry about me smoking you know I'm better than that, you're my goal I want to break every record you set and I know I can't do that if I'm smoking......" I said smiling.

"Well first you gotta become a starter...... not to brag or anything but I was starting on the varsity team my freshmen year so you got a lot of catching up to do kid." He said challenging with a smirk. We talked for a few minutes and honestly it was good to be able to just talk with him and not worry about him putting that shield up.

"What about your dad....... I mean I know a little from what Uncle Devin and Cam said but was he really...... y'know." I asked hoping he didn't get guarded again.

"Kadeem had a lot of problem and honestly if there was one person who knew him better than anyone it's your Uncle Sa'vion....... ask him and it's not me trying to hide the truth from you it's because I honestly don't know too much about him other than the fact that he hated me." Dad said seriously. 'Look we can talk some more later but I gotta go help your dad cook."

I walked in the house went to check on Cori and Trinity, then took Marquise a bottle before heading down to my room where Saint was laying across MY bed, talking on MY phone.

"So I'm saying Jade just looking out for me, I mean we're basically family so just slide Monique my number and let me handle the rest......" Saint said as I snatched the phone from him. "Cock-blocker....." Saint said before turning on my t.v., I shook my head and walked out to the theater and sat down.

"What was that about?" I asked and that was all it took before we went into a three hour conversation about everything and nothing................ Dinner for the most part awkward but I could see that walls were coming down on both sides, I knew the history between my dad and uncle so I knew they needed a lot of work before things could get to a place where I was comfortable talking with Uncle Sa'vion about my granddad. But forget all that I wanna tell y'all about my day in school........

It started off as normal as any other Monday, going to classes, stealing kisses from Jade in the hall, talking shyt with my boys, everything was going great until after school....... we were standing around waiting for the last team meeting of the year, it really goes to show who had the priorities together because some of the upperclassmen brought their girls and of course they brought their friends so what was supposed to be a 'team meeting' turned into a social gathering for the 'popular' kids and honestly I was ready to go that is until SHE walked in............ it was like every dude in the rooms attention went straight to her and all the girls stared on in envy but she didn't pay any of them any attention she was looking directly at me.

"Ayy ain't that the chick from the mall?" Jose whispered in my ear but I couldn't find my voice because the woman was so beautiful.

"Wow you look more and more like your father every time I see you Noah." She said running her long fingernail down my jawline.

"I..... umm....... I.... you know my dad?" I asked trying to control every ounce of my body but it betrayed me in the worst way, the angel started laughing and I couldn't help but blush. Damn she had a cute laugh.

"Of course I know your entire family, which is why I'm here cutie." She said and I was trapped in the smell of her perfume as she leaned down and put her mouth close to my ear. "I need you to deliver a message to him...... tell him I have some very important information for him and Zyshaun that I MAY be willing to release they just have to wait just a little while longer before I'm ready to spill the beans. Can you do that for me Noah?" She asked as her cool breath tickled my her, I nodded slowly and she smiled.

"Umm yes ma'am......" I said weakly.

"Thanks Noah your a doll......." She said pinching my chin and walking away.

"Ayy what's your name?" I asked mesmerized by her a......... hair. She turned around and gave me a playful wink before walking off the field. Before I could register what just happened I was being swarmed by a bunch dudes wanting to know every detail about the woman who without trying probably broke up every couple there. I didn't know who the woman was but if she knew my dad and uncle, they should know exactly who she was just by the description I planned on giving them as I remembered every detail of her angelic face...............................