Khalil 79

Michael Cross sat there shaking with so much rage that I thought he was having a seizure or something, while Zyshaun sat there calm as a summer breeze with an evil twinkle in his eyes. I looked at Zyshaun for some sort of explanation but he gave no signs of giving anything away, Michael Cross sat there stuttering like Porky Pig until Zyshaun pulled out a remote and turned on one of the television around the restaurant and what I saw almost made me stab Michael Cross in the fucking throat, Marcus got up and walked out because he was so disgusted and some of Zyshaun's other guest looked at Michael Cross and I could feel there collective anger, the only people who didn't seem phased by what they saw was Tonya and Zyshaun. Finally when the video was over everyone was watching Michael Cross who was face was covered in shame. We sat there waiting for some type of explanation that never came because he got up and started to leave when Zyshaun stopped him.....

"I expect to hear your resignation first thing tomorrow morning." Zyshaun said and Michael Cross just looked at him with nothing but hate before walking out. "Now gentlemen, let's talk about plans for this new business venture I have lined up." Zyshaun said and decided to go check on Marcus while they talked.

"You aight?" I asked finding him in the bathroom. "That was......."

"I'm ready to go, you have to be up early tomorrow to do your brotherly bonding thing and I want to forget everything I just saw........ I don't wanna focus on that let's just finish this and get out of here." Marcus said looking away.

"Aight let me go tell Zy we're leaving." I said walking out the bathroom. I got to the table where everyone was eating and talking quietly. "Ayy we're about to get outta here Marcus isn't feeling to good, I'll hit you up later bro." I said and Zyshaun nodded.

The next week was pretty uneventful, until it was finally the day where I had to take Noah and Marquise to Pittsburgh. Marcus was still upset over what happened with Michael Cross, I know he didn't approve of some of Zyshaun's methods but they worked. It was clear that he was still working on Julius's orders so Michael Cross had to go.......... as I finished double checking my bag my thoughts flowed to my brothers; It seemed like Devin was avoiding me, whenever I went over there he always seemed busy. Sa'vion was granted temporary custody of Kylan so he was good for now, Dominique I was worried about him because he was going back to Mississippi for a couple days and I knew he was concerned about the trouble he had gotten into before he left and then there was Cam...........

"Khalil come on before y'all miss y'alls flight." Marcus said and nodded. I was going to have to talk to Devin and Legacy when I got back because I knew they were probably knew more about what was going on with Cam than I did. When our plane landed Michelle was waiting for us with some dark skinned dude who I guess was Kenneth, I looked at Noah who was trying his hardest not to show how pissed he was. After giving his mom a quick hug and kiss Noah stood off to the side.

"Noah give the dude a chance." I whispered quietly as we walked to get my rental. "I know how you are about your mom, but you could at least try to be happy for her." I said and Noah sighed.

"Okay dad." Noah said. We got to Michelle's house and the first thing Noah wanted to do was walk around the neighborhood, I didn't feel comfortable letting him go out on his own but Michelle overruled me so I was left with Michelle and Kenneth while Marquise slept.

"So....... what do y'all got planned for the week?" I asked because this silence was killing me.

"I plan on spending time with my sons..... hopefully take Noah to Penn State so he can get a feel of the Campus." Michelle said and I tried not to let that get to me.

"I would really prefer if you didn't, I think I'm starting to convince him that Notre Dame is the best school for him both academically and athletically, by you taking him to Penn State it might change his mind." I said.

"Khalil since Noah was a toddler all he ever wanted to do was go to Penn State, I'm finding it hard to believe that he's going change his mind now....." Michelle said and I laughed.

"You'd be surprised...... especially since I happen to know that there's a young woman who may or may not be going to Notre Dame that may or may not influence Noah's decision." I said and Michelle rolled her eyes. We spent the next hour talking about Noah's future and I noticed Kenneth watching me and Michelle as if he were looking for any signs of sexual tension. Noah got back about ten minutes after Kenneth left and I had a feeling that he was watching and waiting for that exact moment, we talked for another hour before I was ready to head to my hotel.

"Ayy dad..... you're coming back right?" Noah asked as I walked out to my rental and I laughed.

"Yeah I'll be back in the morning, why you're not scared are you?" I said and he shook his head.

"No..... I was just..... I'll talk to you later, love you." Noah said quickly walking back into the house without looking back. I spent the next day getting to know Kenneth and he seemed alright and I knew Michelle wouldn't let him step out of line when it came to my sons so I was somewhat comfortable heading back to Texas to spend some time alone time with Marcus. When I got home it was too quiet, walking around without the kids making noise was strangely lonely, Marcus had something to take care of at the new house so I decided to go check on Devin.........

When I pulled around the corner to Devin's house I tried to make sense of what I was seeing because I had just rode by here not twenty minutes ago and everything seemed fine but now the entire street was blocked off and I already knew what house they were at because I saw Devin's nosy ass neighbor watching from her front lawn. I parked my car and made my why to the front of the growing crowd and saw Devin sitting on his porch covered in blood. I don't know how I got to him but within seconds I was standing in front of my little brother checking for any signs of harm and the only thing I noticed was a large cut on the top of his head.

"Where are the twin? Where's Blaze? What happened?" I asked quickly and Devin's eyes met mine and I noticed a visible change in his eyes.

"The twins are with my parents...... Torian is on his way home from work....... and as for what happened..............." Devin's voice was distant, but I followed his eyes and saw his security guard Benji still sitting inside of his car, his eyes open but he wasn't moving. "Y'all tried to warn me, but I thought if I just left it alone......." Devin said, I was trying to figure out why he was covered in blood.

"Dev......" I said quietly.

"Would you believe I almost died......" Devin said letting out a humorless laugh. "The only thing that saved me was Torian had ordered some stuff for the twins and it was getting delivered today.... that knock on the door distracted Iman long enough for me to get the best of Iman and get to the black room and grabbed a gun......." Devin said quietly. "I don't know where he is now, he was gone by the time I got back but I'm promise the next time I see him........." Devin didn't have to finish because I can see it in his eyes. Blaze ran up the driveway and tried to check Devin out but Devin pulled away and went to speak to the cops.

"What happened?" Blaze asked and I shook my head, I didn't want to talk about it out here plus since I didn't have all the details I thought it would be best to wait until I got the full story from Devin.

"Ayy I'm about to call Marcus and let him know what's going on you and Devin are staying at our place tonight, after I get done talking to Marcus I'll call Zyshaun while you call Enzo and Legacy." I said quickly calling Marcus and filling him in on everything. "Devin.... Dev?" I asked as Devin watched the coroner pull up to take Benji's body.

"I'll be back later..... take care of Torian for me aight?" Devin said walking away.

"Devin where are you going, you really shouldn't be going off on your own right now." I said but Devin just kept walking, I watched him get in his car and pull off and I knew I had to stop because right now there was no telling what Devin was going to do..........................