Khalil 5

I couldn't believe I was allowing Marcus to offer himself up as bait, we planned everything perfectly but all it takes is one second for everything to go completely wrong. I debated with myself the past few days on letting Marcus go through with this today I was even more against it than usual, I tried to convince Marcus to use a body double instead but he didn't want to put anyone else in danger, he felt it was his job..... which scared me even more. After tossing and turning the whole night I decided to go workout downstairs and I wasn't surprised by the fact that Noah was working out, he was really disappointed that he wasn't starting but he was only a freshman which meant he had to earn his spot and wait his turn. I walked in and we didn't speak we just worked out in opposite sides of the room, I'm not going to lie it kinda bothered me how open he was with Marcus, Michelle, Marsean, Devin, Cam hell even Mama Angela but when it came to me we just avoided conversation all together unless it was about sports or school, other than Saint and Jade I couldn't even name three of his friends.

"Ayy dad remember there's Parent/Teacher Conference tonight and since dad number two went last time you gotta take me and he's taking Cori." Noah said.

"Do I have anything to be worried about? I mean you're not failing are you?" I asked and Noah shook his head. "Well then it should be a piece of cake, is there anything else you wanna talked about? How are things with Jade?" I asked.

"We're good dad, but umm I'm about to start getting ready for school. I'll see you in a bit." Noah said walking out the room, I didn't want pressure him to talk to me but at the same time I felt like I really didn't know him as well as a father should know his son.

We were all sitting around the table eating breakfast.... well they were eating, I was drinking this nasty ass smoothie that Mama Angela insisted on making me drink every morning for my heart problem, normally I would be complaining but I really didn't want to have another heart attack. Cori went on about his friends at school but Noah had my attention, don't get me wrong I would've gladly listened to Cori but I knew more about Peter and the other Kory than I did Noah........

"Khalil I'm getting ready to take the boys to school, please make sure you're not late for the Parent Teacher Conference tonight." Marcus said checking his watch.

"Actually baby I was thinking maybe I could take Noah to school today....... and take Cori tomorrow. One of the perks of being in charge is I can show up whenever I want....." I said smiling, after making sure Cori had everything they left leaving me with Noah who was picking at his eggs..... "You don't look too happy about spending time with me." I said and Noah shrugged.

"It's coo dad I was just thinking about practice...... but we should get going I don't wanna be late." Noah said getting up and putting his food in the microwave. The entire car ride was silent except for the sound of rain hitting the window, I really wished I knew what he was thinking because it was starting to drive me crazy. We pulled up to his school and Noah tried to jump out the car but I stopped him.

"You alright?" I asked and he smiled fakely.

"I'm good dad, I'll see you after practice......" He said getting out the car and running inside the school....... I got to the company and I saw Devin talking to Young Mon, who seemed really upset about something I hoped everything was alright between him and Nico because I really liked those two together.

"What are y'all over here talking about?" I asked walking over to them. Devin smirked like he was trying not to laugh but Young Mon face remained distraught. "You good Ramone?" I asked.

"Yeah just going through some stuff at home, I'll get over it......." He said quietly.

"If you wanna talk my door is always open. Devin I need to talk to you later so just come up to my office whenever you get sometime." I said walking to the elevators, I got to the top floor and noticed Kim talking in the corner quietly. Why did everyone seem so moody today. She didn't notice me and as I walked by as she walked into the bathroom, I started to go in my office when something came to my mind..... I sat at her desk and started using her computer, I needed to send Zyshaun this fuckin email and I didn't want to wait for computer to load up and I knew she kept a detailed record of everything Zyshaun needed. I sat at her desk and her email was open, I was about to close it out when a message came through tonight.

MR. JB: I want to know everything he's doing today, even when he goes to lunch, I want to know what time he leaves and what time he gets back. Don't mess this up.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who 'MR.JB' was, so Kim was the rat that had been sending Julius information about us, I quickly scanned through the emails and saw that they had been messaging each other for months. I made sure everything was exactly how it was when I got here and walked into my office to call Zyshaun.

"Fire that bitch....." Zyshaun said sounding bored. "Matter fact don't...... I think it'll be good to keep her around a little bit longer. She may have information we need about Julius. Tell her I need some assistance at my house and I promise I'll have her telling me everything she knows by lunch. Don't worry I won't hurt her....." Zyshaun said laughing. I hung up and walked out into the main lobby.

"Kim, you'll be working with Zyshaun today." I said and I noticed how nervous she got. "Don't worry I think I can manage one day without you. You should probably get going though Zyshaun sounded a little impatient." I said, she quickly grabbed her purse and walked away, glancing at her computer screen nervously. I sat in my office mostly looking at the fireplace wondering what Zyshaun was going to do or say to Kim and more importantly what was going on with Noah.

'Bro I've been trying to get your attention for the past five minutes." Devin said standing there with Enzo. "Where's Kim?" He asked, I told them about what I found and I could see Enzo's anger boiling over.

"I should've guessed it was her, she was the one who made all my travel arrangement." Enzo said.

"Yeah she also was the one who made the recommendation of which security system I should get." Devin said shaking his head. "I hope Zyshaun fires that bitch." Devin said putting his feet on my desk. "So what did you want to talk about?"

"Get your feet off my desk...... I'm not feeling this plan, I don't want to put Marcus in this position. How would y'all feel if it was Blaze or Legacy? Y'all wouldn't be down for it but he's adamant about going through with it........ what should I do?" I asked them for their advice.

"Trust him...... Marcus isn't stupid and we'll be close by if Julius makes any moves he'll become a memory, though I would prefer to make him suffer first. Marcus we'll be good, Legacy has some of his cop friends on standby to insure of that." Enzo said, I started to relax a little but I still wasn't feeling this plan but I'd respect Marcus's wishes because I knew he'd do the same for me.

"What do you think Zyshaun is going to do to her?" Devin asked.

"He said he wasn't going to hurt her but we've saw what he did to Cain and Caleb......" I said quietly. "Look I'm just not feeling work today, I'm taking the rest of the day off y'all can handle everything while I gone right?" I asked and after them calling me all different variations of lazy I left to get some sleep before going to Noah's school, hopefully this Parent Teacher Conference would give me to insight as to what Noah was like because honestly I was lost and it was killing me that I wasn't able to connect with my son at all.........