Cam 89

I was done; the week after I got back I had put in my letter of resignation... I couldn't do it anymore because I knew the things I've seen and done over there would haunt me for the rest of my life and being away from my family  didn't help at all. The day I got back Devin had to go to the hospital with a concussion, a few broken ribs and a bunch of cuts and bruises I was glad he was alive but that didn't stop me from trying to beat his ass as well as Sa'vion and Dominique for even letting him go. After the little scene in the hospital, I decided it would be best if I spent a couple days away from my brothers before I hurt them and stayed at home with Liberty and my new baby girl, the only person who was missing was Cori and that was only because I didn't want him missing school but I was going to pick him up later tonight. I walked around the house trying to figure out my next move, starting with finding a new job Liberty was still on maternity leave and I wasn't the type of dude who could just sit around the house and not do anything.

"Camden you don't have to cook, I'll do it....." Liberty said trying to push me away from the stove but I wouldn't move.

"Stop woman let me cook for you." I said smiling. "Why don't you just sit back and let me take care of you." I said putting a bunch of food on a plate and placing it on the table. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Last night and the past few nights..... you didn't come to bed and when I went to look for you I found you on the back porch using a rock for a pillow and Legacy told me what happened when he picked you up from the airport Camden." Liberty said and I walked over to the sink and started cleaning the dishes.

"The bed is too soft, I just need to get adjusted to sleep on it again. I'm so used to being outside that it's the only way I can get some sleep and as for what happened with Legacy..... I was just so happy to be home sorry if you thought it was something else, a momentary lapse. But I was thinking, it's almost summer time and I want to take the kids to Disney World or something along those lines." I said looking at her, Liberty didn't say anything she just shrugged and kept looking at me as if she was expecting me to break.

"Camden are you sure you're al....." I said started kissing her, she talked too damn much. I let my hands explore her body and thought to myself how I couldn't wait for these six weeks to be up so I could fuck her senseless.

"I'm perfectly fine Liberty....... but look I'm about to go talk to Devin, I think I'm at the point where I can not look at him and want to beat his ass, you want me to take the baby?" I asked.

"No it's coo I gotta feed her and give her a bath, since you'll be in Houston you can just bring Cori back when you come." Liberty said smiling.

"Yeah aight..... you wanna come wash my back?" I asked smiling. "I promise I'll try my best not to do anything......." I said smiling as we walked upstairs holding hands.

Almost three hours later I was pulling into Devin's driveway and he was sitting on the porch with Dominique and Sa'vion, I got out the car and they all just looked at me expecting me to say something smart but I'm sure they got the point when I cussed them all out the other day.

"Why are y'all standing out here looking like a bunch of criminals?" I asked smiling.

"Fuck you Cam..... we were just talking about what happened with Iman." Devin said quietly. "Khalil isn't talking to me and I needed someone to talk to....... I'm glad you showed up though I was starting to think you were still mad at me." Devin said looking at me smiling.

"I am but it's whatever..... I'm just happy you're alive, what you did was extremely stupid and the fact that you had these two help you doesn't make things any better. Never mind I didn't come here to argue though, let's do something next weekend..... all four of us." I said and Devin shrugged.

"Aight I'm down....." Devin said quickly, Sa'vion and Dominique both agreed so we made plans to meet up in a couple hours to plan out our weekend.

"I'm about to go over Khalil's, I'll probably swing back through before I head back to Austin." I said walking away, I was almost to my car when Dominique stopped me.

"Ayy look I know you're probably not feeling me right now because of that shyt we just pulled with Devin but I need to know if it's coo for me to go back home..... just for a couple days to see my mom and boys....." Dominique said.

"Yeah I don't see why not, from what I was able to gather nobody suspects you or your friend in that dudes murder...... how about you invite them here, I know Khalil and them are planning a surprise welcome back party and I think it's time for your mom to meet your brothers and sisters." I said and he nodded before walking back over to Devin and Sa'vion, they started talking quietly again and I knew they were still planning something.

"I've loved you since Tommy was fucking Kimberly in the back of the Dragonzord." Khalil said kissing Marcus, who was sitting on his lap.

"I've loved you since MTV actually played music and not these dumbass reality shows." Marcus said smiling.

"I've loved you when Johnny Bravo was the most swerved nigga on Cartoon Network." Khalil said laughing.

"Y'all make me sick...." I said laughing. "Like seriously y'all are worse than some teenagers, I've loved you since......" Khalil jumped up and I quickly ran out the door..... "I was just playing get your big ass off me." I said as Khalil dragged me back to the house after chasing me for a few minutes.

"You know little bro I forgot just how much shyt you talked..... I kinda missed it." Khalil said laughing as he let me go. "Have you been to see Devin?"

"Yeah I just left there, how long are you going to be mad at him?" I asked smirking.

"Until all his wounds heal....." Khalil said returning my smirk. "I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, Devin finally snapping he's been through a lot.......... we all have." Khalil said.

"Do you think we'll be seeing Nico ever again?" I asked.

:"Probably not........ I mean he knows he lost, there's really no point in him coming back." Khalil said but I could hear the doubt in his voice. "So did Devin tell you him and Blaze are leaving Texas." I tried to keep my face as neutral as possible because me and Liberty had been thinking the same thing.

"Wassup Uncle Cam." Saint said walking in with Noah who looked really annoyed, Noah didn't stop to speak which let me know just how pissed he was.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked Saint had answered his phone and quickly walked away. A few minutes later Cori walked in with Mama Angela and he quickly ran into my arms. "You ready to go Cori?" I asked and he walked over to the closet and pulled out a big ass duffle bag.

"He's been ready all week...... I'm kinda salty though it's almost as if he wants to get away from us." Khalil said messing up Cori's hair.

"Aight before we go let me go talk to Noah real quick." I said walking down to Noah's dungeon. "You aight punk?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah girl problems, plus I almost knocked this dude out for saying he wanted to fu...... mess around with grandma." Noah said pissed. "Why don't girls just say what they mean instead of expecting dudes to know why their mad?" Noah asked and I had to laugh.

"If you figure that out you might become richer than your dad and Zyshaun combined, my best advice to you is just apologize even if you didn't do anything it's a lot easier than driving yourself crazy, just call Jade and......." There was a loud noise behind me causing me to jump, I turned around and it was just Saint but still....... I was taken back to 'that place' and my breaths started becoming short but quick as my heart started beating faster and faster, why was I sweating in this cold ass room, damn what the fuck was going on with me?