Chapter 9: The Man Who Would Be King

TOUSSAINT

It took two small letters to calm me down, as soon as that bitch as dude Christian or whatever his name was left I asked Mario flat out 'did you fuck him', Mario said no and I believed him but by no means was the issue dropped, I still wanted to know the nature of their friendship because it was clear to anyone with eyes could see that Christian was trying to make and move on MY dude and anyone who knows me...... well let's just say I get my temper from my father. But today was my last day of work before my two month vacation, it took a lot of work but my dad finally caved because in all the years I've been working for him since graduating I've never missed a day of work no matter how sick I was or what was going on I was one of the first ones here and the last to leave and as I've said before I think I've earned some time off. All I had to do was delegate all my responsibilities to people I knew could handle it and make sure my bills were paid up until after I got back and I'd be free to go. There was a loud, obnoxious knock at my office and I knew there was only one person crazy enough to do some shyt like that and he walking into my office looking like he just got finished playing basketball.

"So you're really going to walk into my office without my nephew?" I asked Noah who just shrugged and sat in one of the chairs across my from my desk. "And then you have the audacity to sit your sweaty ass in one of my expensive as chairs........ you must of forgot who I was little cousin." I said smiling.

"First..... nobody is worried about these IKEA chairs you got off of Craigslist, second I was actually bringing Troix to see you but I ran into Uncle Zy on my way in here and he decided to kidnap Troix for a little bit, you know there's nobody Troix loves more than your dad..... not even me." Noah said laughing.

"I'm not even going to address that IKEA comment but there is something I want to discuss with you that I heard from Ala'ven....... what's this I'm hearing about a bounty a couple players got out on you and how do you want me to handle it?" I asked seriously because even though me and Noah were cousins he was more like my brother than anything and if somebody fucked with him they were fucking with me, the same goes for anyone else in my family.

"The thing is Saint.... I don't want or need you to handle it, I'm going to reach out to these four players myself and try to get to know them on a personal level. I mean I've never actually met them, only in passing after a game but I think once they see I'm not the person the media paints me out to be we can end this shyt before it even gets started." Noah said and I hand to shake my head, always the peacemaker. "From what I've heard they think I'm too cocky....." Noah said laughing.

"You know I've never understood why people don't like you for being cocky but love me for it..... I would even go as far as saying that I'm even more cocky than you borderline arrogant." I said laughing as the door opened and my dad walked in with Troix.

"Here take him.... I can't deal with him anymore, I'm getting too old to be chasing him around my office." My dad said putting Troix down in the chair next to Noah, my dad tried to leave but Troix jumped out the chair and started chasing him. I swear I never understood why but I've only seen Troix cry for three people; his parent and my dad, not even Uncle Khalil and Uncle Marcus have achieved that yet. "Man come on......" My dad said caving in and I tried to figure what was the point in him coming in here when it happened every single time.

"So I'll let you handle it...... but if I'm watching one of your games and I feel like these are intentionally trying to hurt you then I have no problem flying back and  handling them myself." I said seriously.

"So you're Uncle Zy now, always the savior." Noah said laughing.

"Nah I'm worse and I know you're a delicate little flower who needs protecting........ oh and before I forget this pretty much goes without saying but I want you to be the best man at me and Mario's wedding." I said and Noah smiled.

"You finally asked? It's about damn time I thought y'all were going to be like Uncle Zy and Yuri together forever but never married..... how did you propose?" Noah asked laughing.

"I got one of those icing pen things and wrote it on my dick...... " I said truthfully.

"And on that note I'm out....... oh before I forget I was thinking during the off season we could take our brothers and cousins to Saint Trinity Island for Spring Break give the parents a week off." Noah said and I didn't know I couldn't be around them for that long without hurting one of them most likely JD and that smart ass mouth of his or Odion.

"We'll see..... but I got work to finish up so on your way out tell Darion I need his assistance." I said pulling out my laptop and trying to get this last thing done before I was out................

I got home and the smell of Chilorio hit me as soon as I walked through the door. I walked into the kitchen and Mario was in there cooking with his shirt off lookin sexy as fuck, I walked up behind him and kissed his neck.

"You all packed?" I asked smiling.

"Hell yeah I'm ready to go..... a whole month on an Island alone with you, I've been packed since you first asked me." Mario said.

"Well we can leave the day after Noah leaves, you know I gotta spend some time with bro before we drop off the face of the planet. Now hurry up and finish cooking so I can feed you." I said slapping his ass. We spent the next few hours laid up on the couch watching movies and eating, and I couldn't wait to spend some alone time with my boo..........

"Saint......" Mario said looking into my eyes and just that one word I knew exactly what he want.... nah what he needed. I leaned forward and kissed him gently at first but with each passing second our kiss became more passionate and sloppy, I pulled his shirt off and kissed his chest. I was about to pull my clothes off when my phone started ringing, I was all set to ignore it but Mario was the one who grabbed my phone. "It's your dad....." He said and I rolled my eyes but answered it nonetheless because I wasn't stupid enough to ignore him, knowing him he'd show up over here.

"Yes sir?" I asked trying to keep my focus on Mario.

"I need you back at the office, your protege Armani has got himself into a little bit of trouble and I need you to handle it..... and also I need you to go over these papers again because something isn't adding up and you know how I am about my money." My dad said and I tried to keep myself calm because I was pissed.

"Dad please don't do this, I'm supposed to be on vacation whatever Armani did I'm sure he can handle it without me for a couple weeks besides he's a grown ass man I don't need to hold his hand every step of the way as for that other stuff there are people a lot smarter than me that work for you that can do the work in half the time." I said quietly.

"Toussaint remember the first time I brought you to the company, as we were leaving you said 'one day this will all be mine' and if you want that dream to come true I expect you to be here within the next hour." He said hanging up, I was so fuckin mad that I got up and punched the wall I should've known something like this would happen.

"Saint it's coo, I'm sure you can handle this all in a couple hours and the sooner you get it done the sooner you can get back to your vacation." Mario said walking over to me and checking my hand.

"I'm just mad because I don't want you to think I'm putting work ahead of you..... I promised that you had me for two months and on the very first day I'm getting called back in for some bullshyt." I said touching his face gently. "I swear this will be the last time......." I promised kissing him one last time before going to get dressed. I meant that shyt too, after today I was done until my vacation was over and there would be nothing short of death or serious injury to someone I cared about that could get me back from spending time with the person I loved...........................