Marcus 33

It seemed like everyone was going on a trip but me, all the women were going somewhere, then Devin and all his friends and Khalil and his friends are taking a trip the only person not going was me; I was invited to go with Tonya and them but I was tired of getting grouped in with the women, don't get me wrong I loved them but sometimes I wanted to hang out with the men. I walked downstairs to find Noah and his friends playing the game and got a little pissed, there was food all over the place, one of them had their funky ass feet on my table and what was the point of have a damn coat closet if they weren't going to use it. This shyt with Julius was really stressing me out because usually this little shyt didn't bother me but now I was irritated by everything. When I got into the kitchen Cori was sitting there coloring while Khalil fed Marquise, it was weird because usually seeing them made me smile but not today.

"Cori take your little brother in the living room." Khalil said handing Marquise to Cori, after they were gone Khalil walked over to me and pulled me into his arms. "What's wrong?" He asked quietly.

"Nothing Khalil I'm fine...." I said trying to pull away but he held me tighter.

'Marcus I know you better than I know myself, I know when you're mad at about something so wassup?" He asked letting his lips graze mine.

"Why wasn't I invited on your little men's trip?" I asked looking into his eyes. "And why does everyone assume I want to hang around Tonya and them for an entire week?"

"Marcus....... you know damn well, if you wanted to come all you had to do was ask. I'm not going to tell you no and the reason everyone assumes you were going with Tonya and them is because you're the Clyde to her Bonnie. If you wanna come with us then you're coming, but there is going to be some rules; the entire week we're gone you're not my husband, your my homeboy who I'm occasionally going to fuck in every public place I can find. And if we go out you can't get mad if I dance with a few women." Khalil said smiling.

"God I can't stand you......" I said pushing him gently. "Fine you can't get mad if I pull more girls than you do, because we both know out of the two of us who looks better." I said kissing him.

"If you say so Marcus, but there is something we have to do first..... deal with Julius." Khalil said quietly. "We've pinned down his location and Zyshaun wants to move soon because who knows when he'll strike again."

"Khalil I've been thinking there is a way to handle this and it doesn't require us to do anything other than sit back and wait....... remember those men who were looking for Kadeem and I helped them with some legal issues that helped them make more money than they could spend? Well they've really appreciated what I did for them and want to repay me I think by letting them deal with Julius it keeps us out of it and we won't have to go anywhere near him." I said and I could see the wheels turning in Khalil's head.

"I'll talk to Zyshaun and see how he feels. I gotta go get dressed Enzo wants me to come with him to his doctors appointment....." Khalil said as his eyes got teary, I nodded and grabbed his hand tightly. When Lorenzo came and told us he had cancer Khalil didn't take it that well, Lorenzo was his oldest and closest friend, they've known each other almost their entire lives so Khalil promised to stick by Lorenzo's side until he was cancer free.

"Okay let me know how it goes...... I'm taking Noah and his friends to the mall to look for something to wear to this damn dance." I said rolling my eyes. Lorenzo walked in with a smile on his face but I could see through his mask he was scared, we all were...........

"Nigga why aren't you ready?" Lorenzo said pushing Khalil gently.

"I'm going now punk......" Khalil said walking out the kitchen leaving me and Lorenzo alone.

"Cheer up Marcus, I'm going to be fine. I've been talking to two of the best doctors I know Marsean and Blaze, they both say I have really good chances of making it through this since we caught it early and the mortality rate for prostate cancer is pretty high so turn that frown upside down." Lorenzo said smiling.

"Lorenzo......" I started to say but he cut me off.

"Look Khalil has his heart problems, you know I had to one up him he can't be the only person people are worried about." Lorenzo said laughing.

"This isn't funny Enzo........" I said getting pissed.

"You must be really pissed to be calling me Enzo  but how do you want me to deal with this? Should I be walking around feeling sorry for myself, I'm not going to do that because there are people who have it way worse than I do so I'm going to do everything the doctors tell me unlike Khalil's big headed ass and then in a couple weeks I'm going skydiving with Legacy since neither one of us have ever done it before." Lorenzo said walking to the refrigerator and grabbing Noah's Oreo Ice Cream out the freezer.

"Noah's going to kick your ass for eating his stuff." I said trying to lighten the mood. Enzo shrugged and ate the whole thing by the time Khalil walked back down to the kitchen.

"Noah's going to kick your ass for eating his stuff." Khalil said echoing what I had just said. "You ready to go?" Khalil asked and they left but not before Lorenzo smacked me upside the head.

I took Noah and his friends to the mall and I swear I didn't know how I was going to deal with them once Winter Break came because they were all getting on my damn nerves talking about everyone that walked by even though it was kinda funny I was still embarrassed.

"Dad, Jade's dress is copper so should I get the white suit  with a copper tie or black and copper?" Noah asked walking over to me.

"I told him Mr. Marcus that he should just wear an all copper suit with a black tie. Me and my girl are wearing lime green." Noah's friend Joejoe said and I shook my head.

'Noah whatever you do don't listen to him...... I think white and cooper work better since your eyes do that changing color thing you dad's does." I said

"MAN WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!" Toussaint yelled causing everyone to look at him. "Why does my account only have ten dollars in it?" He asked and I instantly knew who was behind this. "Uncle Marcus you wanna spot me some money until I get home, I promise to pay you back. I just gotta call my dad and figure out what's up with my account."

"Yeah sure..... y'all hurry up. I gotta go make a phone call real quick." I said walking out the store, dialing the number at the same time. "You are beyond petty, you know that?" I asked and Zyshaun started laughing.

"God I would've paid any amount of money to see his face when he saw his account, but he's got to learn I told him not to fuck with me and he decided he wanted to step outta line so now he's paying the price. Let's see if he can survive on ten dollars a month." Zyshaun said laughing.

"You know he won't make it a week, you spoiled him too much." I said shaking my head.

"Please he'll be alright, when I was a kid I to go a month eating one oatmeal pie a day and that's not the worse of it. Once Toussaint learns to start respecting me then maybe I'll start putting money in his account again." Zyshaun said.

"Okay well I'm paying for his stuff and he said he'll pay me back when I drop him off, but I'm expecting you to pay me back as well." I said walking back into the store.

"For what?!" Zyshaun asked.

"Pain and suffering, you know how embarrassing it was seeing him swipe his card and watching it get declined?" I asked.

"God I can't stand you Marcus but I got you little bro, under three conditions first being you have to ask your mom to make me a cake, second I need you to watch the boys later this week me and Tion got some shyt planned that I can't discuss and finally I want you to set up a meeting with these dudes you want to handle our little problem." Zyshaun said and once I agreed I hung up and walked back in the store praying that this nightmare named Julius was almost over................................