Blaze 84

With Enzo's surgery being a success you would've thought that everything would be sunshine and rainbows but that couldn't be further from the truth, at least not when it comes to Devin.... I knew he was mad at himself for not killing Iman when he had the chance and also for the second time in a year someone had managed to get into our house to try to kill one of us, it was stressing us both out to the point where we were arguing over little things that normally we would brush off. Today I was was supposed to go back to work and Devin was more sullen than usually, he felt that it was stupid for me to go back to work with Iman still running around but I wasn't the type of person who could just sit around and not do anything I had to keep busy or I'd go crazy. We were staying in Zyshaun's penthouse for the time being and as I got ready for work Devin sat on the couch with the twins staring at me, I really didn't want to go to work with him mad at me so I sat across from him and stared into his eyes and I could see him trying not to smile.

"Devin..... I'll be fine, you know Zyshaun probably has people watching me and it'll be hard for Iman to even get in the hospital just relax." I said and Devin rolled his eyes.

"I thought it would be hard for Iman to get in the house and you see how that turned out....... I don't put anything past Iman and I couldn't bare the thought of something happening to you because of me. Can't you take another week off?" Devin asked, I thought about it for a second and tried to compromise.

"Let me go in just for today..... I just need to get out of this place or I'll go crazy. One day Devin that's all I'm asking for..... please." I said kissing him.

"One day Torian...... I'll just be here looking at places to move to because I'm over this whole state. Once Cam gets back we're leaving, dropping off the map so we can enjoy our lives together drama-free." He said kissing me, I gave the twins each a kiss and started walking out the door where Sa'vion was about to knock with Dominique right behind him. They both nodded and walked past me and started talking to Devin and I was only able to make out a few words.

"Plan...... risk...... trust...... kill......" Dominique stopped talking when he saw me looking and I knew whatever those three were up to wasn't good, I could stay here and be nosy but I knew whatever they were planning they wouldn't do it with me here so I'd leave for now and get answers out of Devin later........

I got to work and honestly it was pretty quiet, which meant I was bored. Sitting in my office it gave me a lot of time to think about Devin..... I could see him slowly starting to lose it and that wasn't a good thing, because there was no telling what he'd do if he ever found Iman. I needed to distract myself so after seeing a few patients it was almost time for lunch and I was surprised to find Devin waiting for me.

"I thought since the twins were with Zyshaun me and you could talk...... I don't wanna keep things from you Torian but this isn't the place for all that so come on." He said smiling even though it was genuine. We got to the studio and Devin order us some food, I knew he had a couple minutes to talk before it got here so I was hoping he'd tell me what he was planning with his brothers.

"So what's on your mind Devin?" I asked and he smirked a little.

"Barcelona." He said and I couldn't help but smile because that night was perfect. "And umm I want you to know that everything I'm doing or I'm going to do in the very near future is for you and the twins, and if there was another way I would do it but it's becoming clear to me that Iman wants me dead and at this point it's either me or him I'm not going to put you at risk."

"Okay so what are you saying exactly?" I asked and he turned his head.

"I've decided that it would be best to send you to Colorado while I handle this Iman situation. I kinda got the idea from Khalil when he was going through all that shyt with Kadeem and Vic. I just wanna make sure you and the twins are safe..... and nobody outside of the family knows about my cabin." He said quietly.

"No....." I said plainly and Devin's anger started to boil very close to the surface.

"Torian this isn't a debate." Devin said standing up, I stood up as well and got in his face. "Torian why won't you let me protect you? If something happens to you or....." I pushed him against the table and started kissing him.

"It's not about you protecting me Devin.... it's about us protecting each other, anywhere you are that's where I'm going to be." I said.

"Nah.... I need you to take the back on this......." Devin said. "I know you wanna be by my side on this but I'm asking you to take a step back and let me handle it, please just think about it." Devin said and I gave a non-committal grunt.

"If I decide to do this and I'm not saying I am but IF I do, you own me big time." I said looking into his eyes.

"Whatever you want Tori....." Devin said kissing me, I felt his hand slide up my shirt and his lips press firmly against my neck, just when things were about to get X-rated the door opened and Emilio walked in.

"Oh.... I didn't know anyone was in here." He said blushing, we all stood there looking at each other and I realized that this was the first time we've been alone together since Barcelona. "I'll.... umm.... I'll just come back later." Emilio said quickly walking out.

"I was thinking...." Devin said looking in my eyes, he didn't have to finish because I was thinking the same thing.

"Do you really think that he'll go for it?" I asked and Devin shrugged then kissed me again. Once our food arrived we talked about all the possible places we could move and decided we could save the conversation about me leaving until we got back home.......

Devin dropped me back off at the hospital and I knew that when I got back to the penthouse we were going to have a deeper conversation about me taking the twins and leaving. I really wanted to stay but if staying put our sons at risk then maybe........... I spent the rest of the day weighing my options and trying to figure out what was best for my family. As I was walking out to my car I felt like I was being followed, when I turned around Nico was standing there nervously.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?!?!?!!?!" I asked loudly and Zyshaun's bodyguards seemed to show up outta nowhere and grab Nico.

"Look I just wanna talk... what Iman is doing, I have nothing to do with. I wanted to move on I thought that if me and Iman got away from all this drama we could build something but his hate for Devin runs deep...." Nico said.

"The hate that you planted, all this could've been avoided if you would've just let Devin go but Iman knows the truth you still love Devin and he feels like the only way to get all your  love is for Devin to be out of the picture. Maybe you need to realize that you've played the biggest part in all of this, it's your indecision and jumping back forth between your feelings for Devin and Iman that's causing Iman to act crazy......." I said staring at Nico who returned a look of the deepest loathing.

"Actually all of this could've been avoided if you never came into the picture." Nico said and I laughed.

"Yeah but here's the thing Devin picked me AFTER you decided to leave so again that's on you. Now if you would've just accepted that you and Devin will NEVER be together and played your role as his friend instead of all the plotting and scheming to try to get him back then maybe you wouldn't be in this position you're in now." I said.

"And what position is that Torian?" Nico said as if my name was poison in his mouth.

"That's for you to find out.... you made a huge mistake by coming back Nico." I said shaking my head and laughing. "But you'll see what I mean...." I said walking to my car leaving Nico with the bodyguards. I called Devin and let him know what had just happened and he was pissed, maybe telling him wasn't the best idea because the way he sounded on the phone let me know he was probably about to do something crazy.............