Epilogue 10: Legacy

What we were about to do had to be timed perfectly, if we moved too soon then everything would be ruined and all this planning would've been wasted and who knows when the next time we would be able to get them. I waited for the signal from Cam as me, Ivanna and Ace waited in the window for the right moment; a few minutes later I saw Cam give the sign we've all been waiting for as Lorenzo and Khalil walked out house and we poured buckets of water on them then Cam and Camille threw flour on them.... was what we did childish? Yeah but Khalil started it when he decided to start this prank war back up after Devin left, he felt since he couldn't get Devin back he'd take his anger out on me and Cam and that turned out to be the worst mistake of his life and Lorenzo who was his partner in crime helped him every step of the way so I had no shame in turning the kids against him. After Lorenzo and Khalil drove off pissed I met Cam in the backyard while the kids played.

"You know they're already plotting on how to get us back right? Khalil likes to wait and let things settle down before he strokes, it's that damn Enzo we need to look out for because he's unpredictable." Cam said watching as Lauren bossed everyone around like she usually did.

"Yeah well they spend the next couple hours trying to get that dough out their hair so I'm not too worried right now. My only concern right now is you, Liberty said you've been having back problems so here's my advice stop picking her up and I promise the back pain will go away." I said laughing and Cam just shook his head.

"Your going to have to come harder than that Tragedy and you're going to quit talking shyt about my wife, we both know she can beat your ass with no problem and I'm not going to stop her. But I was thinking we should get Khalil and Enzo again, and we keep getting them until they quit, don't give them a single chance to retaliate." Cam said smirking. "But we can talk about that later what you need to worry about is Tia isn't she supposed to be showing up today to see the Ivanna and Ace?" Cam asked and I nodded.

"Yeah but she's usually coo unless she's with the Beast of the East Tara then she likes to cause problems but Lorenzo would never keep her away from her kids and neither would I, I'm just hoping Lorenzo get's back before she get's here because the last few times he hasn't Tia has always had something smart to say she kept referring to me as the kids stepmom." I said quietly so the kids wouldn't hear me and I looked over at Cam who was trying not to laugh.

"I'm sorry it's not funny but at the same time it really is, look she's trying to get under your skin trying to cause issues with you and Enzo just kill her with kindness and eventually she'll back off." Cam said turning back to the kids. "Looks like Lauren got her temper from your side of the family." Cam said laughing as Lauren tried fighting every single one of the other kids.

"Nah bro that's all you and your side, she's definitely got that Cunningham anger." I said as Lauren started trying to bite Camille.

"Legacy come help me real quick......" Lorenzo said walking out the back door and I tried not to smile at the clumps of dough still left in his hair. We walked into the kitchen and I started helping his with the dough. "You know I'm kinda pissed that y'all got that y'all turned my kids against me." Lorenzo said smiling.

"Well to be fair none of them have any true allegiance, Ace already told me he help y'all but syrup in my shoes...... speaking of which why must you be so petty?" I asked laughing.

"Because ninety seven percent of the time I'm the serious one but when I do let out the pettiness it comes out swinging. But look I wanna run something by you before Tia gets here, I know y'all don't have the best relationship but she is their mom and I want to try this co-parenting thing as smoothly as possible." Lorenzo said.

"I wouldn't expect anything less from you." I said kissing him.

"Don't kiss my daddy......" Ivanna said walking in the house in hitting me.

"What can I say she's protective of me." He said smirking, see what I mean no allegiance at all. "Ivanna quit being mean to Leggy." Lorenzo said as Ace ran in the house and hugged my leg. "See Ace has your back." Once Ivanna saw Ace hugging me she decided to help me with Lorenzo's hair and we stayed like that until a knock came at the door. "That's probably Tia......" Lorenzo said.

"And that's my cue to go, remember Legacy we got that thing to do later this week...... y'all want me to let her in on my way out?" Cam said and I nodded. He got Camille and Lauren, leaving me, Lorenzo, Ivanna and Ace in the kitchen when Tia walked in; Ivanna took one look at her mom and ran outside while Ace walked over to her, gave her a quick hug before following his sister outside.

"Isn't this cute..... the stepmom is helping the dad with her hair. I'm touched." Tia said and I tried to contain my anger and didn't realize I had a death grip on Lorenzo's hair until he winced. "Okay so we need to work out visitations, you said you didn't want courts involved because we can work this out like adults so here are my demands; I want Ivanna and Lorenzo for one week out of the month, birthdays and holidays will be spent at my house and I want final say in what school they go to through college." Tia said and I wanted to laugh but I held back.

"Nah..... you can get them two weekends out of the month as long as I don't have anything planned with them, birthdays and holidays can be alternated between us. If I have Ivanna's birthday party then you get Ace and the next year we switch same with holidays, I get the one Thanksgiving you get Christmas then we switch the next year. As for the school they'll be going to school with their cousins an I'm pretty between the three of us we can raise them well enough to make their own college choices. That's my counter offer." Lorenzo said and I could see Tia fuming.

"Why does he get a say in anything?" She asked pointing at me and wondered to myself how fast Liberty could get over here.

"Because me and Legacy are married, we're a team and another thing you really gotta quit disrespecting him because if you disrespect him, then you're disrespecting me and if this co-parenting thing is going to work then we need to respect each other all three of us." Lorenzo said.

"What she can't speak for herself." Tia said looking at me and I couldn't hold back any longer.

"Let's get down to what this is really about, you're mad because I got Lorenzo and you didn't but come on Tia it's been years and y'all weren't even that serious. Every time you've come over here I've shown you nothing but respect and....... I'm still talking." I said because Lorenzo looked like he was about to interject after a few seconds he put his hands up and looked away so I wouldn't see him trying not to laugh. "Now if you don't want me to have a say in what you do with your kids fine I'm good with that but when they're with Lorenzo and if he wants my opinion I'll gladly voice it as far as I'm concerned we don't have shyt to say to or about each other and if you call me another she/her or anything remotely feminine......" Lorenzo put his hand on my shoulder stopping but the promise I was about to make still lingered in the air. "I'll be out back with Ivanna and Ace while y'all work out the details of y'alls agreement." I said walking out the door. After spending an hour in the backyard with the kids Lorenzo came out and told me Tia had left.

"You love me." Lorenzo said more like a statement than a question. "I think Tia get's the point, hopefully now we can all get along." He said pulling me into his arms.

"Yeah well she better be lucky I held back, but let's just focus on the kids and us...... so to answer your rhetorical question, yes I love you Lorenzo." I said smirking.

"Good...... cause I love you too." He said kissing me, we kept moving backwards and I knew exactly what he was planning so at the very last second I side stepped him and watched as he fell in the pool.

"You gotta come better than that." I said laughing as Ace jumped into Lorenzo's arms.

"Don't worry baby I got the rest of our lives to get you back." He said splashing me and I knew that he meant every word, we were going to spend the rest of our lives together and maybe once Ivanna and Ace got older me and Lorenzo could team up against them............................

***** Working on the final three chapters and I'm conflicted about which order they should go in, so I'm asking y'all what order should the last three chapters be between Devin, Khalil and Marcus? *****