Chapter 10: The Father To Be?

NOAH

I don't want people to think I'm not taking this threat against me seriously because I was, my main thing is I haven't seen my family in over a month and I wanted to spend time with them and I didn't even want to think about football the whole time I was here; this trip was about my family and trying to relax before I had to go back to Boston. Speaking of my family I was supposed to be going out to lunch with my little brothers today and hopefully I can at least get Cori talking to Marquise again, I knew him and Uncle Cam were beefin right now but that was no reason for him to take it out on our parents and little brother. I laid in my bed looking up at the ceiling, Jade had went to work and I was almost tempted to stop by there and surprise her, plus I needed to stake my claim because from what she told me one of her seventh graders had a massive crush on her and in my eyes he was a grown ass man so I could beat his ass, but I was brought down to reality when Troix climb in my bed and laid his head across my chest. I loved this little boy more than anything, him and Jade were my world and though I should be happy Jade was pregnant I just couldn't find it in myself to get excited........ after the other two miscarriages I was scared as fuck and I don't think I could truly be happy until I held my child in my hands................

"What do you think about being a big brother Troix?" I asked and he screamed NO before slapping me in the face. "Damn tell me how you really feel..... you wanna go see your uncles?" I asked and that seemed to excite him more than the idea of having a new baby around. I decided to start getting ready since there was nothing else to do and just trying to get Troix together made me respect Jade that much more because this boy didn't have a off switch. We finally made it to my parent's house and of course dad number two just had to take Troix in the kitchen because he wanted some damn cookies or something.

"Damn No' are you eating up there in Boston? You've lost a bunch of weight." Dad number one said laughing.

"Well whatever weight I lost it looks like you found it...... I gotta say dad your age is finally starting to catch up with you, you need to lay off the snacks." I said laughing, even though he still kept himself in tiptop condition despite a few grey hairs he still looked exactly the same as he always had.

"Boy you wish you could look this good when you get to be my age....... have you and Jade talked?" He asked and I nodded, like a book he could read my expression because it was damn near the same as his so he knew exactly what I was thinking. "Noah I know you're scared and you have every right to be....... but you gotta try and think positive, don't let your fears control you because it might cause Jade unnecessary stress and that won't be good for the baby." He said.

"I know dad but I don't think I could go through this again..... I don't think me and Jade could go through this again, this last time was because Jade blamed herself and there was a point where I thought she'd never be happy again, I hated seeing her like that." I said quietly.

"And how did you handle it?" He asked and I froze...... how could I tell my dad that I still cry over the two kids we lost without breaking down again because it still hurt more than anything I've ever experienced. "It's coo Noah you don't have to talk about it...... but have you found out what's going on with Cori?" He asked and I felt a little guilty because I did know but I couldn't say anything.

"Yeah dad me and Cori talked about it but...... he doesn't want me saying anything to y'all." I said avoiding his eyes.

"Why not?" He asked quietly.

"Dad come on don't make me say anything, I'm sure you know what it's like to have one of your brother confide in you and I know you would never betray their trust but telling, all you need to know is if it was something that I thought  Cori couldn't handle then I would definitely tell y'all." I said feeling like a little kid again from the way he was staring at me.