Enzo 42

Me and Legacy were supposed to be married by now, but because I opened my mouth and told Khalil, who told Marcus, who told Tonya, who told Liberty, who told Ms. Loretta; now it had turned into a small wedding in Zyshaun's backyard. It didn't matter to me as long as I got to marry the love of my life I was golden, the only downside was Cam not being here really affected Legacy. He felt like by not having his best man it wouldn't be perfect but I had something special planned for him, so it would be somewhat perfect. I walked around the backyard checking out everything for the ceremony when Khalil, Zyshaun and Marsean walked up to me grinning like they were up to something. I knew they were pissed I didn't want a bachelor party, so I figured they were either moving on to Plan B or they wanted to say something that would piss me off, either way I wasn't in the mood.

"So Gonzo let me run something by you really, really quick..... I just got cornered a couple minutes ago by Mama Angela, Ms. Carmen and Ms. Loretta they figured it was time to start over fresh with everyone in our lives including but no limited the beautiful mother of Trinity, Mireya and the also the mother of your two children, Tia. They sent me over here to ask...... no tell you to invite Tia to come on their little women's trip." Zyshaun said laughing.

"No no and hell to the NO....... if you wanna invite Mireya that's on you, keep in mind Tiana is going and she hates her. If I invite Tia, then she's going to want to bring The Beast and more likely than not it's going to end in a fight, nah I rather not tell her anything at all hell I haven't even told her about......." I still had trouble saying the words, but they all knew what I meant.

"Just invite her, she'll probably say no and we can at least say we tried to include her into the family." Zyshaun said patting me on the shoulder. "I'm about to go put one of these pies up since SOMEBODY decided to steal my other one on Thanksgiving." Zyshaun said playfully bumping into Khalil.

"Good call on the whole Tia thing, I don't think that will end good for anyone way too many personalities going on the trip to add two more." Khalil said looking at me. "But before we get started I thought you'd want this......." He said handing me a picture of my parents, my eyes started to sting as I put the picture in my pocket over my heart.

"Thanks bro......" I said pulling him into a brotherly hug. "Umm can you get everyone so we can get started?" I asked trying to pull myself together as Khalil walked away, twenty minutes later everyone had gathered in the backyard, except for Vanessa who elected to stay in with the kids.

"We are gathered here today to join there two in holy matrimony." He said, but I had to stop him.

"Hold you we're waiting on one more person." I said as Liberty pulled out a tablet so Cam could Facetime us, it wasn't the best but at least he was here in our heart, I nodded to the preacher and he started over.

"We are gathered here today......" He said again and most of it went over my head until he got to the part about the vows. "Legacy you're first......"

"I remember the first time I saw you...... that day at Cam's house I knew I had to step my game up because you were out of my league. You forced me to wait....... you took the time to get to know me, you were patient, you pushed me to be better and a whole bunch of other lesson that made me better." He said and I almost laughed because only a few people knew about my 'lessons' so it was an inside joke between the two of us. "And even though we've had our ups and downs I couldn't think of anyone I rather be standing here with....... because you are the love of my life and I swear to love you, Ivanna and Ace with every strand of my DNA." Legacy said smiling.

"Lorenzo....." The preacher said.

"I remember telling a very close friend that love isn't something you can grasp with your mind, it's something you TAKE with your heart. It's knowing with your heart when something wrong, or when the person you're in love with is happy or sad. Love is like a fire that consumes you, but it doesn't hurt, it makes you stronger. Back then I didn't know what true love was, because I was afraid of love..... until I met you. You annoyed the hell out of me, you got under my skin in ways that made me question your sanity....... but it was only then that I realized the reason you were able to do that was because I had finally found someone who not only managed to get under my skin but also pierce through the wall around my heart. No one has even come close to that and no one will because you're it for me. You are the love of my life and I know our kids will be more than happy to call you dad." I said smiling.

"By the powers by the powers vested in me by the state of Texas I now pronounce you legally married......." He said and we didn't even for the last part I pulled Legacy into my arms and stated kissing him.

"Man I can't see shyt the reception here is horrible...... what's going on?" Cam asked but I decided to ignore him for a few more minutes, to take in the fact that I had just married the love of my life. Everyone move inside but I stayed out side to send a couple minutes with Khalil, Zyshaun and Marsean.

"So when do you plan on telling Tia that you and Legacy are officially married and that you have cancer?" Zyshaun asked.

"I'm going to tell her when I drop the kids off, I mean we're not doing a honeymoon or whatever until after the New Year......... how are things with your new assistant?" I asked watching Noah and Saint talk to Dominique, I didn't know what he was telling them but they listened more intently than they probably did in school.

"Surprisingly well........ I've threaten to fire him like fifty times yesterday alone but it's an improvement from when he first started." Zyshaun said.

"What do y'all think of the new kid?" Marsean asked staring at Dominique.

"He's kind hard to read, but for the most part other than the Nico incident I haven't had any trouble with him........ Noah hasn't stopped talking about him since they met and I'm not going to lie it makes me kinda jealous." Khalil said.

"I like him...... he reminds me of a young Zyshaun Prater." Zyshaun said smiling, well he was until Vanessa walked out and handed Dominique a beer and I could feel the sparks between them all the way over here. "Khalil I love you but I'll kill him......" Zyshaun said seriously. I didn't stay to see their argument because I saw Legacy standing by the door waiting for me.

"You looked amazing today." I said kissing him.

"Thanks you too...... and thanks for having Cam's ugly ass call in, now at least that's one thing he won't be pissed about when he gets home." Legacy said smiling.

"Yeah I figured it was the least I could do for putting you in this position....... but I have one more request." I said looking into his eyes. "I have to tell Tia...... she's the mother of my kids and she has a right to know just in case something were to happen she can be prepared for it......" I said quietly.

"Whenever you're ready I'm ready." Legacy said kissing me, I decided to get it over with so while everyone was enjoying the party me and Legacy left to take my kids to their mom...............

"Enzo and Legacy what a surprise....... why are y'all all dressed up?" Tia asked leading us into the house and I can't say I was shocked to see The Beast sitting on the couch, the nanny took the kids upstairs and I told her the truth. 

"Tia we got married today." I said and the whole room went quiet.

"And we weren't invited...... the nerve." Tia said laughing. "No seriously Enzo congrats to both of y'all." She said and I couldn't tell if she was serious or not. "So is that why you stopped by to tell me you got married?"

"Nah.... there's something else....... I......" I couldn't get the words out until Legacy squeezed my hand tightly. "I have cancer......." I said and Tia's face went blank. "I figured I should tell you face to face because if anything were to happen to me, I want you let my kids see my side of the family..... including Legacy." I said, Tia stood there biting her thumb until Tara mumbled 'God is good' under her breath, Legacy started to move to her but Tia caught her with a quick jab stunning her.

"Get out Tara...... GET THE FUCK OUT MY HOUSE!!!!" Tia yelled and tears started falling down her face, Tara took the smarter option and quickly walked out. "I'm sorry I can't deal with this right now......." Tia said walking away. Damn she took it a lot harder than I expected but at least it was out of the way now I could focus on enjoying the rest of my wedding day........................................