Enzo 63

I stood on the edge of the plane, Zyshaun and Legacy had already jumped and I was up next. I looked over at Khalil who was nervous as fuck, I walked over to Khalil and told him if I jumped he better be right behind me because I really didn't feel like listening to Zyshaun brag about winning yet another bet between us. After the instructor checked our parachute I had a weird thought, since I'm potentially dying anyways wouldn't it be so much easier to just jump out the plane and end it all here? Thought only happened in a split second but this wasn't the first time since finding out I had cancer that the thought of ending everything crossed my mind and to be honest I hated myself for even thinking about it. I had a lot to celebrate, I had two beautiful children, I had just got married to the love of my life, my little bro was home safely and in a couple weeks I would be having surgery that could potentially save my life, so I couldn't feel sorry for myself but still........... and just like that I was back on the ground and I looked up to see two more parachutes up in the sky.

"I fuckin told you he'd do it......" I said once we got back to the cars, Zyshaun shook his head because he knew he was about to drop a bunch of money on my birthday gift. I looked over at Khalil who was still pacing back and forth from his adrenaline rush and I knew before this year was over with we'd be back here again.

"Whatever Gonzo, I'm just trying to get back to the house. I'm pretty sure they're done cooking and I don't like leaving Domo around my sister for too long." Zyshaun said.

"I thought you trusted Domo.... somewhat?" Khalil asked.

"I do...... it's Vanessa I don't trust a man can only hold out for so long before he caves and she is a persistant as I am once I see something I want." Zyshaun said smiling.

"Ayy Zo' can I talk to you real quick." Khalil said and we walked a short distance away from our group. "I need you to talk to Cam, we still haven't told him about your....... y'know and he needs to know before he goes back, if he goes back." Khalil said.

"You want me to make him feel guilty about wanting to go back, don't you?" I asked and Khalil looked away. "Khalil come on that's fucked up..... Cam is going to feel even worse if he doesn't go back and something happens he feels he could've prevented." I said knowing that's exactly what he wanted me to do.

"Zo......" Khalil said quietly.

"I'm not doing it...... I'll tell him what's going on with me but I'm not going to make him feel bad about wanting to go back over there and potentially save people's live and for you to ask me to do something like this shows how selfish you are Khalil." I said looking into his eyes.

"This isn't about me Enzo, this is about my little brother. I don't want him going back, his wife doesn't want him going back..... our family doesn't doesn't want him going back. I thought you wanted him here?" Khalil asked.

"Trust me I do Khalil but when does it become about what Cam wants?" I asked and Khalil walked off pissed but I wasn't going to use my cancer to force Cam to stay............. We got back to Zyshaun's house and everyone could feel the tension between me and Khalil. But I was adamant with my decision, we walked into the kitchen where Devin, Cam, Dominique and Sa'vion were playing spades and Cam looked up at me and shook his head.

"Y'all don't look like y'all had fun." He said not noticing Devin's cheating ass was looking at his hand.

"We had a blast but Cam I need to tell you something so let's go for a walk real quick." I said, Cam nodded and passed his cards to Liberty before following me out the backdoor. For the next hour we walked around the property just talking and I still hadn't got to what I really brought him out here for.

"Enzo, what's going on? I know you didn't bring me out here to talk about where y'all are going for y'alls trip and you know I'm not ready to talk about what happened over there so what's really going on."Cam said looking at me.

"I got prostate cancer...... it's not serious, I'm actually having surgery to have the prostate gland removed once we get back from our trip, I just wanted to be the one to tell you." I said looking in his eyes, Cam started pacing around and I didn't know what he was thinking. 

"I can't go back there's too much going on here and if........ if something were to happen and I wasn't here." Cam said quietly.

"Cam this is a decision you have to make, don't base it on what's going on with me or anyone else. I'm going to be fine..... I got Legacy by my side. I know you Cam, you have a strong sense of loyalty not only to your family but to all the men and women you left back there but you should definitely talk to your wife about it." I said. "Look I gotta go pick up my kids, just think about what I said." I said walking away.

"You know I thought about it too........" Cam said looking in my eyes. "You have that same look that I see whenever I looked in the mirror while I was in Afghanistan. When you get back maybe we can help each other." Cam said quietly, I nodded and walked away because this was a conversation I needed to mentally prepare myself for.

When I got to Tia's house I saw Tara's big ass truck parked on the lawn and tried not to get pissed. I really didn't like my my kids aunt, but I'd play nice because me and Tia were trying to work on our relationship as parents. I walked inside and almost died Tara stood off to the side actually looking less like a beast and more like a woman, in the three years I'e known her I've only seen her wear a dress when........

"Enzo what are you doing here?" Tia asked walking into the foyer looking like she was about to go to a movie premiere or something.

"Umm I told you I was coming to get Ivanna and Ace today...... why did something come up?" I asked as the door opened behind me and Tia's parents walked in and I knew I was going to be here for a while.

"Lorenzo you remember my parents." Tia said putting on a show for her parents. I nodded to her parents and started thinking of ways to get the fuck up outta here.

"Hello Lorenzo, Tia darling where are my grandchildren?" Tia's mother asked and I discreetly text Legacy to call me with an excuse to leave before Tia's dad started talking.

"Lorenzo mind if I have a word?" Tia's dad asked and Tia gave me the 'just entertain him look.

"Sure...... Tara you look lovely." I said winking as I walked past her and she gave me a look of pure hatred as I walked away with her dad. "Uhh sir not to be rude but I kinda have to get back to my people, so I can't be here too long." I said trying to be respectful.

"This shouldn't take too long son...." He said and I was tempted to remind him the last time he said that he talked for six hours. "Tia has informed me of your situation and I wanted to know what your plan was?"

"My plan?" I asked confused.

"Your plan for if you want more children....... Tia says she wants more kids in the future and once you have this surgery then you won't be able to have anymore children and I don't want my daughter running around with multiple babies fathers." He said looking at me.

"Sir..... I'm not having anymore children, I have my girl and I have my boy I don't need nor want anymore. If Tia wants some more kids she should probably find a boyfriend first, then hopefully get married and then her and her husband can have as many children as they want. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta get back to my brother's house to be with my family." I said walking away. "Tia walk with me outside real quick." I said as soon as I got back in the house.

"Enzo what did my dad say to you?" Tia asked nervously, after a quick recap Tia stood there horrified. "Enzo I am so sorry........ I just......." Tia said quietly.

"Don't worry about it just have my kids really when I come to get them tomorrow." I said walking away, Tia's dad didn't get this idea from nowhere so I knew that Tia was planning something I just couldn't figure out what it was exactly, but I'd worry about that tomorrow right now I just wanted to get back to my family and have a one on one with my little bro Cam......................................