Marcus 78

Another day, another situation that could lead to trouble somewhere in the future but compared to the other stuff I had to deal with this was nothing. I took Sa'vion to one of my friends who was one of the best Child Custody Lawyer in the city, so hopefully they could quickly get Kylan away from the Welfare Queen Staci. Another issue I was having was Noah........ I loved that kid, but lately he's been feeling himself a little too much and though I loathed to admit it I knew part of the reason was his new uncle. He wasn't being disrespectful or anything it just as far I could see Dominique's tendencies and mannerisms were starting to rub off on Noah, he was becoming more and more arrogant and he's starting to think the world owes him something. Khalil thinks Noah is just growing up but I felt differently which is exactly why he was coming with me to Cori's soccer game so I could have a one on one with him away from his dad and nosy ass uncles. We sat in the stands watching as Cori's team warmed up and Noah had his phone glued to his hand......

"Noah you could at least pretend to support your brother, whenever Cori comes to one of your games he's always cheering you on even when you don't play." I said and for a second I thought he was going to say something smart but he thought better of it and put his phone in his pocket.

"Sorry dad...... I was just texting Saint we were supposed to be going to the movies later but he cancelled on me saying him and Mario had something to take care of and all my other friends are busy so I'm going to be bored all weekend." Noah said quietly.

"We have a couple minutes before the game starts I wanted to ask you about what's been going on with you in school, I've heard from a few of your teachers that you're not paying attention in class and also you've been picking on a few students, which isn't like you at all." I said looking at him.

"Those classes are boring everything they teach I've already learned since you and dad insist on making me study a grade ahead so when they go over the stuff I get bored having to learn it all over again and I don't pick on other kids, if someone says something smart to me I break them down verbally since y'all don't want me fighting....... it's not my fault I have the ability to make dudes cry with my words, I learned it watching you." Noah said smiling at me.

"I'm the nicest person you know........" I said winking.

"Then there's my mom's boyfriend..... he wants to take me fishing or something when I go up there, I'm not going up there to bond with him, I'm going to spend time with my mom but I don't want to spend my week trying to get to know this clown...... and Jade might be moving back to Arizona with her dad so I'm stressing about that......" Noah stopped talking and turned to the field. "The games about to start can we talk about this later?" I nodded and focused my attention on the soccer match, but I could feel the fear and sadness coming off of Noah in waves I had an idea of how to at least solve one of his problems.

After the game Cori went to sleep and Noah went to his room to sulk, I found Khalil in the Marquise's room trying his hardest to get Marquise to stand up. I sat there and watched Khalil who seemed to be having the time life, until Marquise decided to fall asleep on Khalil's chest, he put him in the crib and looked at me smiling.

"Your girlfriend called, she was wondering if one day this week you wanted to have lunch or something." Khalil said smiling and the only reason I didn't cuss him out was because I didn't want to wake Marquise up, but I walked out the room and Khalil followed after me. "Come Mar you know I'm just playing, I know that girl Aaliyah is just star-struck by you."

"You do know she dating DiMarino right?" I asked and Khalil raised an eyebrow. "They started dating a week ago and she knows I'm happily married so quit referring to her as my girlfriend..... but speaking of girlfriends I heard from a very drunk Ricardo that Sa'vion was talking to your old girlfriend Roseline.... you and Zyshaun aren't up to anything are?" I asked and Khalil quickly shook his head.

"Nah I don't know anything about that, I'll ask him when we meet up with him later tonight. But can I just say I think it's sexy when you get all angry like that......" Khalil said walking towards me, I could see the lust in his eyes as he had me cornered. "You've been holding out on me for too long Mar.... I don't think I can wait until we get to......"

"Dad can I talk to you real quick?" Noah said standing at the end of the hall, I started to move towards him but I noticed he was staring at Khalil.

"I'll be back so we can finish this talk." Khalil said kissing me and walking down the hall with Noah. I waited for Khalil to get back for about three hours before he came back upstairs, I watched for any inclination of what Noah wanted to talk to Khalil about but he didn't say anything and his face was hard to read, he climb into bed with me then kissed me.

"So what was that about?" I asked and Khalil shrugged.

"A slight change in plans for Spring Break Week, Noah wants me to fly up to Pittsburgh with him and Marquise instead of Michelle flying down here and flying back. It took a while but I got him to finally tell me that he really wanted me there when he meets Kenneth." Khalil said. "He would've asked you but......." Khalil said looking at me nervously.

"But what?" I asked wondering why Noah didn't want me going with them.

"But I told him you weren't going to be able walk for a couple days." Khalil said laughing, I smacked him with a pillow and he dramatically fell off the bed. "Nah seriously though I think Noah feels I'll be more intimidating. Plus you gotta start going out and buying furniture for the new place and......"

"Khalil what are y'all really up to?" I asked knowing he wasn't telling me the entire story.

"Don't worry about it, let's just get ready to go meet Zy." Khalil said kissing me and getting up. I knew Khalil was up to something with Noah and if it's what I think it is I'm going to drive both of them the Texas-Mexico border and let them find their own way back..........

Later that night we were walking into one of Zyshaun's restaurant and I was wondering why no one else was there; it was as if the place was closed but I knew that wasn't the case because there in the center of the restaurant was a large table where Zyshaun was sitting quietly with a pissed off expression on his face.

"Linda....... she won't get of my ass about finding her lost love." Zyshaun said answering me and Khalil's questioning looks. "And also Devin....... he keeps insisting he's going to handle that situation with Iman but I think he's stalling, but he doesn't want me getting involved."

"Is that why Sa'vion and Alejandro were meeting with Roseline in Spain?" I asked and Zyshaun gave me subtle nod but didn't say anything.

"Khalil are you doing anything next week?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm taking Noah and Marquise to see their mom, but I'm only going to be down there for two days why wassup?" Khalil asked.

"Just wanted to see if you wanted to come with me to Miami, I'm looking into buying a few places down there and I need my business partner by my side." Zyshaun said and Khalil looked at me and I shrugged.

"Why are there like a bunch of extra chairs?" I asked.

"For our other guest, some politicians,  a couple of friends and the guest of honor." Zyshaun said smiling menacingly. "Actually here they are now." He said as a group of men walked and I saw the anger in Khalil's eyes as Michael Cross walked in looking nervous.

"Why is he here?" I asked but Zyshaun ignored me.

"Gentlemen welcome...... we're just waiting on two more people and we can start dinner." Zyshaun said.

"Why am I here?" Michael Cross asked clearly not feeling the smile on Zyshaun's face, Zyshaun brushed his question off and sat down. "Did you not hear me? I asked why am I here, if you're trying to......." He started to say but stopped once he realized that everyone was giving him the same 'shut the fuck up' look.

"Looks like my final two guest have arrived." Zyshaun said pointing to Marsean and Tonya, and I knew that whenever Tonya wore a pants suit she was all business, but I couldn't understand why they were here. "Now you were asking why you were invited here tonight, the answer is simple I wanted you to meet the woman who's going to be taking your job." Zyshaun said smiling..........................................................