Sa'vion 53

I loved my son, Kylan was my everything and there was nothing I wouldn't do for him but there was one thing I was I could change about him and that was his mother. I regret fucking around with Staci every time I showed up to her apartment, that girl had literally no ambition other than being a baby's momma; three kids by three dudes, no job, niggas selling weed out her house...... and as badly as I tried to get custody of my son, I kept getting denied. I did everything I was asked I moved down here to Houston, got a good paying job, a nice sized house, but still Staci had a way of making it seem like I was the bad guy. I pulled up and said a smile pray before taking the safety off my gun and walking up to the door, as per usual there was about four dudes sitting on the stoop outside the apartment staring at me like they wanted to say something but never did. I walked inside the apartment and instantly covered my mouth; the smell of weed, sex and unwashed pussy lingered in the air like a plague and knew I had to get the fuck outta here, I looked at Staci who was gossiping with her friends like always.

"If it isn't my ain't shyt baby daddy, I keep telling y'all I should've never let Devin go at least he made something of himself other than working in some dusty as warehouse like most fuck boys." Staci said and I bit back a retort, I knew she was looking to start an argument.

"Whatever Staci where's my son?" I asked looking around, Kylan came running down stairs and jumped in my arms. He didn't have anything with him which was exactly how I liked it, Staci had roaches and I refused to bring them into my house plus if Kylan needed anything I'd go out and by them. "You ready? Say goodbye to your mom." I said.

"Bye mom." He said waving once before quickly following me out the house. "Dad when can I come live with you?" I opened my mouth to say something but Staci ran out the apartment stopping me.

"Ayy can I get some money, the water bill is due and you wouldn't want your son to be living in a house without water would you?" Staci said smiling.

"Aight just give me the account number and I'll take care of it in the morning, but I'm not giving you any money because last time you gave it to one of your little boyfriends." I said trying to control my anger.

"I can't fucking stand your bitch ass." Staci said stomping off heated, I shook my head and pulled off before I started shooting up that entire place..........

Me and Kylan chill the entire week he was with me, I would take him to school and pick him up everyday and I wished that it could always be like this but Staci was too money hungry to let any of her children go live with their dads. When it rolled around to Friday I pulled up to Khalil's house and saw him in the yard playing football with most of the older kids and smiled.

"Now I see why you were never a quarterback because you throw like a girl." I said smirking.

"I know my role on the field, I have the rings to prove it." Khalil said laughing. "I'm glad you're here Kylan we need another player since Saint would much rather sit on the phone with one of his little girlfriends." Khalil said glancing at Toussaint.

"Uncle Khalil I'm talking to my boy Mario, I'll be back out to embarrass you in a few minutes." Toussaint said walking in the house.

"What time should I have him ready on Sunday?" Khalil asked and I smirked.

"About 7:30 we gotta be there around 9 but I wanna get there early so we can get some good seat." I said checking my watch. "But umm...... I gotta get going, me, Devin and Domo are all going out tonight. Don't worry I'll keep them outta trouble." I said noticing the his jaw tighten.

"It not that, it just........ nothing I'm just thinking." Khalil said.

"Oh okay...... Kylan I'm getting ready to go." I said and Kylan ran over to give me a hug.

"Love you dad." He said quietly.

"Love you too, I'll be over to check on you in the morning." I said kissing the top of his head, then I got in my car and drove around the corner to Devin's house. I walked inside and saw Devin and Dominique sitting on the couch talking in low voices. "Wassup y'all."

"So there's been a slight change in plans, instead of the three of us going out we're bringing Ramone. Ever since that shyt with Nico went down he's barely been leaving the house and I think he needs to get out." Devin said and I had to stop myself from replying, Devin knew how I felt about Ramone especially after that shyt he pulled with Julius. "I invited Yuri and Emilio as well so please try not to do anything stupid."

"I won't say anything but I still think y'all let that nigga off too easy." I said looking at Devin.

"He was protecting his sister, I'm sure y'all would've done the same...... which is another thing Devin didn't mention." Dominique said, I heard someone walking down the stairs I figured it was Blaze so I didn't turn around until they smacked me on my neck.

"It's about time you got here." Cadence said smiling.

"Please tell me your not coming too?" I said and she just smiled before walking over to the mirror. "Great this should be a amazing night." I said sarcastically. I just really hoped I didn't have to get into any fights tonight............................

Thankfully the night wasn't that bad, with the exception of us having to stop Domo from beating this dudes ass after he called Cadence a bitch it turned out to be a good night. The rest of the weekend was pretty boring, Staci kept calling trying to get me to come over but I been stopped fucking with her but she was relentless.......... on Sunday morning I pulled up to Khalil's house and saw him standing outside looking kinda nervous.

"Kylan was still sleep and I didn't want to wake him up, they played pretty much all night." Khalil said shaking his head.

"He wasn't too much trouble was he?" I asked as Khalil got in the passenger seat.

"Nah compared to the other kids he was perfect, really respectful....... so where exactly are we going?" Khalil asked but I pretended not to hear him. "Sa'vion where are we going?" Khalil repeated.

"Church....." I said looking at him out the corner of my eye and Khalil started mumbling quietly but he didn't try to get out the car, which I took as a good sign. Twenty minutes later we were walking up to the church and Khalil was looking more nervous than I've ever seen him. "Relax it's not that bad at all." I said as we approached a beautiful dark skinned woman in a powder pink dress and hat.

"I'm glad you could make it." Kierra said hugging me.

"Baby this is Khalil...... my big brother." I said smiling, after shaking Khalil's hand he started to walk in until we were stopped at the door by Sister Scott who always seemed to have trouble getting inside the church but had no problem being the first one to leave once the collection plate rolled around. "Actually my brother Khalil will be more than happy to escort you inside." I said smiling as Khalil mouthed 'I'm getting you back for this'........

"I've never understood why their hats have to be so big?" Khalil said as we were walking back to my car. "I could barely see what was going on."

"That's the same exact thing Devin said when I brought him here." I said laughing.

"Wait you got Devin to come to church?" Khalil asked confused.

"Yeah....... he's been a few times, Dominique came with me last weekend and Ms. Angela and Liberty came with me the Sunday before they left, even though Liberty swears she doesn't like me she said she'd be more than happy to come back anytime and that maybe if I started bringing Kierra around she might actually start liking me." I said smiling sheepishly, I looked over at Kierra who was talking to some of the older women and I couldn't help but smile.

"If you want..... I don't mind keeping Kylan a few more hours so you can spend some time with your girl...... or we can do something else..... like get some food." Khalil said quietly.

"Yeah let me just go tell Kierra we're going to get something real quick....... I'll be back." I said walking over to my girl, I was glad me and Khalil were working on our relationship. Now all I needed to do was fix my relationship with Cam and everything would be perfect.........................