Chapter 5: The Boy with the Secret

KYLAN

I heard the horror stories about Sa'vion Cunningham; how he used to be homophobic as fuck, how he slept with my mom or Staci as I liked to call her who used to be my Uncle Devin's girlfriend and how he stabbed my Uncle Devin in the stomach after my Uncle Khalil's wedding. He's changed since his younger days, he was a lot more calm since marrying the woman I thought of as my mother Kierra.... but growing up with him wasn't easy he felt the best way to teach me how to 'be a man' was to beat my whenever I did something wrong and in his eyes there was a long list of things he considered 'wrong'. Overall my dad was coo though but if he found out the truth about me he'd definitely kill me, which is why no one knew the truth about my sexuality because one slip could prove disastrous for me. So I just had to tough it out for a couple more months then I be in New York and I didn't have to worry about him finding out about me..... I got up out of bed and checked my phone of course Staci called. I didn't have any type of relationship with my biological mom, hell we haven't spoke in over three years last I heard she had including me, nine kids but by eight dudes and I only knew two of them my older sister Shauniece and my younger brother Cortez. The other six were all in elementary school so I never saw them and didn't even know there names, but whatever after I took a shower and got dressed I walked down to the kitchen where my dad, my Uncle Cam and My Uncle Domo were all talking.

"I still think you should've beat his ass, I swear there's no way in hell my son would ever beat my ass." My dad said and he must've forgot what happened the last time we put the gloves on but I wasn't going to bring that up.

"Cori didn't beat my ass, we fought but I wasn't really trying....... he's hurting right now and from what I've been able to gather he's camping out over Noah's house. Hopefully when Noah get's home in a couple days will be able to get to why Cori hates me so much." Uncle Cam said.

"Y'all are too damn soft on all y'alls kids..... JD is on house arrest, Cori out here handing out L's to anyone who looks at him wrong, them damn twins are pure evil I heard about Darion's little sextape and if I was dude we'd be fighting, Lauren pulls more girls than everyone at this table combined. The only ones with any sense are Kylan, Noah and Camille.

"Dad.... I was wondering if I could stay on campus tonight? I got a lot of work I need to get done and I'm going to be too tired to drive back, I got a place to stay Marcus is going to let me crash in his dorm." I said quietly and he just shrugged.

"I don't care Kylan just make sure your ass isn't out there drinking or smoking and I swear to god if you come back saying that you got some girl pregnant I'll beat your ass." He said smiling and I smirked because if he only knew there was no way in Hell I was coming back with a girl pregnant. "Now take your ass to school...." He said slapping the back of my neck.

"Yes sir....." I said getting up and walking out the kitchen....... School was as it always had been for me people either loved me because of my last name or hated me because of it but I had gotten used to it and frankly I didn't care in a couple months I'd never have to see any of these people again.

"Kylan....." My cousin Marcel said running up to me and he was one of the few people in my family I was actually close to, I had made a lot of money betting on his races both in track and the illegal street races he sometimes went to. "I need a favor, I got a race coming up and I need you to cover for me since MJ is acting like a bitch."

"When is it because you know we'll have to get our story down to a tee to keep your mom from finding out....." I said because Aunt Tonya wasn't no joke, I was surprised he was able to keep it up this long without her finding out.

"We'll go over the details later. Go looking out bro......" Marcel said running off, I nodded to Trinity who seemed to be in another world as he quickly drew a picture of two girls who were standing in front of him. Girls seemed to really love the artist in him but he wasn't really focused on none of them he was in love with his art, but that never stopped him from fucking them every now and then. Trinity waved me over and I went to see what he wanted hopefully not trying to set me up with another double date.