Epilogue 9: Cam

The nightmares still came every now and then but I was dealing with them a lot better than I did in the past, thanks to my brothers, the love of my life and my kids. But still I thought by now things would be getting better it's been years since I went to Afghanistan and I lost my mom, my grandpa and my boy Ramone. I got out of bed and walked downstairs and started playing me and Liberty's song which always helped calm me down on nights like this, I didn't realize I wasn't alone until Liberty walked over  and sat next to me. She didn't speak she just wrapped her arm around my shoulder and provided the comfort I needed to get through this. Liberty has been my rock since the day we've met, she's been by my side every step of the way including getting this security company started, she's always supported my dreams and ambitions and I would forever be grateful to her for that. We spent the rest of the night sitting in the living room until it was time to get the girls up and there was something else that helped me get through days like this and that was watching my son play the sport he loved. We got to the game and instantly spotted Marcus, Noah and Marquise, we walked over to them and Lauren started trying to fight with Marquise.

"Where's Khalil?" I asked looking around for my oldest brother.

"He's over there talking to Zyshaun, probably making bets on who's going to win." Marcus said and at first I was confused until I noticed one of the boys on the other team was Trinity. I got up and walked over to Khalil and Zyshaun who looked like they were arguing.

"Aight see that's where you're wrong Zy Trinity is only playing to beat Cori, whereas Cori is playing to beat everyone. So I don't want any excuses after the game as to why Trinity's team lost just have my money ready; no checks, no I.O.U's, no food stamps I need cash." Khalil said smirking.

"Let me get in on this bet, you know I got faith in Cori's skill. You've always said never bet on emotion Zy and I feel like that that's exactly what you're doing to and I have no problem taking your money." I said smiling.

"Aight don't say I didn't warn y'all......" Zyshaun said smirking as he walked off to the opposite sideline.

"He stand zero chance, Trinity's team is good but Cori loves soccer but even more he loves to compete and there's no way in hell he's going to lose to Trinity." Khalil said laughing as we walked back to Liberty and Marcus. "So how's everything coming along since you don't want me or Zyshaun involved." Khalil said and I could tell he was a little hurt that I didn't want him or Zyshaun's help with this company because this was something I wanted to do on my own.

"Good so far, Legacy is talking to a few cops he knows that may be interested in getting paid a little more and using his political connections to get us a few clients so the physical security is covered. You know me I'm a beast when it comes to cyber security so I'm not worried but that, Sa'vion is handling the business aspect and DiMarino well let's just say he know's what his role in this is which is classified." I said smirking.

"So y'all got it all figured out..... I'm proud of you Cam, you're taking everything you've learned and expanding on it, becoming a boss in your own right." Khalil said and he was right but I was also taking a huge risk, but the chances of success outweighed the chance of failure.

"We can talk about it more later right now I just wanna focus on Cori and his team destroying Trinity." I said as we took our seats, just as the game started........ The game wasn't even close and I thought there were a few times that Cori and Trinity were going to fight but in the end they were both happy which is the only thing that matter, well that and the fact that Cori's team won.

"Well I'm glad you won Cori, we gotta go get something to eat." Liberty said and Cori looked at us for a second before turning to me.

"Dad can I come with y'all?" He asked and I looked at Khalil who shrugged. We all left and decided to go to Cori's favorite restaurant, it made me happy to see him interacting with his sisters but I noticed Liberty kept looking off somewhere and it was really distracting.

"Baby what's wrong?" I asked quietly as the kids colored.

"Okay Camden don't over-react, but there goes Nico over in the corner." She said quietly and I quickly turned around and sure enough there was Nico sitting with some woman and a small girl, everything in me was saying to go over there and beat his ass for all the shyt he's done but Liberty grabbed my wrist and forced me to look at her. "Camden stop, all that's in the past now just drop it. He's been back for a while now and he's had plenty of opportunities to cause trouble but he's hasn't, I think he's ready to move on with his wife and daughter. So I'm asking you to let it go." Liberty said and I nodded.

"You're right, I'll let it go....." I said turning my attention back to my family. The rest of lunch was coo, Cori and Camille seemed to argue more than anything but it was all in fun. As we were walking out me and Nico made eye contact, he nodded once before turning his attention back to his family and I walked out with mine.

"Mom can I stay the night with y'all?" Cori asked as we got in the car and I laughed.

"Yeah Cori you don't have to ask, just be like 'mom I'm staying the night make sure my room is ready.'" I said laughing and Liberty hit me in the arm.

"Say that if you want to Corinthian, watch you and your dad get fucked up. We out number y'all 3 to 2 and I'm positive I can take you Cam, while Cammy and Lauren take Cori." Liberty said laughing.

"I think that sounds like a challenge, what do you think Cori? Can we take them?" I asked smirking as I got in the driver seat.

"Yeah dad I think we can take them as long as Lauren doesn't start biting people." Cori said looking at his little sister. We got home and Cori stayed outside with me while I checked the mail, nothing but bills, junk and strangely a letter addressed to me that had been forwarded from my old address. I found myself tearing up because I recognize my mother's neat handwriting and debated with myself on whether or not I wanted to open it.

"So you got one too?" Carly said and I didn't even realize she was here until she spoke and I nodded. "Well you might wanna read it, me and Cadence both got one I'm just trying to figure out why they took so long to get here but knowing mom she has her reasons for doing everything, she probably had them sitting somewhere waiting to be sent. I'll see you later I got a date." Carly said and the was enough to break my gaze from the letter.

"With who?" I asked slightly pissed because as my baby sister I had a right to meet this little dude she was dating and show him my gun collection, but Carly just kept walking with a smile on her face and drove off leaving me alone with the letter. As badly as I wanted to read it now something was stopping me, maybe it was because I knew there would be a dad I really needed some words from my mom, but today wasn't it. "Cori you ready go in there and show who really runs this house?" I asked putting the letter in my pocket and smiling at my son who nodded. I got up, opened the door and started looking around but the second my head turned to corner a pillow came straight towards my face; I spent the rest of the day with my family and honestly for the first time in a long time I wasn't worried about anything.............