Cam 125

My granddad died last night, since we reconnected with each other we've grown close and now that he was gone I felt weird, like it wasn't sadness but something close to it....... I talked to Khalil, letting him know that me, Cadence and Carly we're going to fly back for the funeral then once it was over we were coming back here. As badly as I wanted them to go with me my grandfather only wanted his immediate family there and I wanted to respect his wishes which everyone completely understood. Since I was leaving tomorrow morning I wanted to spend as much time with my kids as possible and of course my girls didn't mind spending time with their dad but Cori on the other hand decided he wanted to stay in the room all day...... he was growing up so fast and I knew he understood what was going on and he was getting to that age where he was going to start asking questions. Then there was Domo, he arrived yesterday with Zyshaun and he pretty much kept to himself the whole time he's been here when me and Sa'vion tried to talk to him he said he just had a gut feeling something was off and he should be back in Jackson........... I walked into the kitchen since I couldn't sleep where Vanessa was up making a sandwich.

"Why are you putting jelly on ham and cheese sandwich." I asked disgust but slightly intrigued because given how the bread looked she was on her fourth sandwich. Vanessa looked at me and it was the same look I would get from Liberty whenever I ask why she ate certain things, but that was when she was pre...... "Yo you pregnant?" I asked loudly and she rolled her eyes.

"Damn why don't you tell the whole house." Vanessa said pissed. "But yes I'm pregnant, yes it's your stupid ass brothers, no he doesn't know and I'm not exactly sure I wanna keep it." Vanessa said and I got kinda mad.

"Look I'm all for a woman's right to choose what she does with her body, but I feel like if you're going to make that decision then Domo should at least get a say in the matter. I know y'all broke up.... or I'm not sure what to call it because technically y'all weren't together but I do know if you get rid of the baby without telling him then whatever y'all did have will be over, I'm not sure he wants any kids right now but he's big on trust and doing something like that will destroy any trust y'all have..... just some food for thought." I said getting up and walking down the hall. This place was so damn big walking around it once counted as a full workout, I walked into Cori's room and he was sitting on the bed watching cartoons.

"Wassup Unc....... I mean dad." Cori said a little embarrassed. I sat next to him and I could feel Cori start to put this wall up.

"Corinthian..... you know I'm the one who named you? Your Uncle Khalil........ I mean your dad wanted to name you Kobe." I said looking at the look of shock on his face. "Yeah I know that's a horrible name, look I know you and me don't have the best relationship but I never want you to think that me and your mom don't love you." I said quietly.

"Y'all just love Cammy and Lauren more than me......." Cori said and I instantly started tearing up.

"Nah Cori, it's never been like that....... when your mom got pregnant we weren't in the position to take care of you and we did what we had to do to make sure you got the best care possible. We love y'all equally and sometimes when you love someone the way that me and your mom love you then sometimes you gotta do what's best for them no matter how much it hurts." I said wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Are y'all ever going to try to take me back?" Cori asked.

"It's whatever you want Cori." I said.

"I wanna stay with Noah and Marquise......." Cori said and I nodded.

"I won't take you away from your brothers, but Cori I don't want you to ever question me and your mom's love for you....... you just don't realize how good you got it, just think about it; you get two birthdays, two Christmas's, two everything......." I said as he started smiling.