Chapter 2: The Forgotten Son

CORINTHIAN

I had to get out that fuckin house because just hearing the sounds of their voices pissed me off and if I stayed there any longer I was going to start breakin shyt, I drove around in search of a destination; I could go to my boy Bruce's house but that dude was forever smoking weed and that shyt got annoying at times, Xavier well when I saw him in school tomorrow me and him were going to have a long conversation about the shyt him and my little cousin have been doing behind my back. Finally settling on the person who should've been my first pick...... I sent a quick text to my girl and told her I was about to pull up and to meet me outside, I hated going in her house because he old ass grandma swore I was the devil and we could only sit in the living room which severely limited most of the stuff I wanted to do. When I pulled up she walked out wearing nothing but an old tshirt and some sweats but I swear I've never seen her look more beautiful. Paris leaned forward to kiss me but I pulled away and nodded my head towards the house where her crazy ass grandma was staring out the window.

"Cori nobody is worried about her, she's just making sure you aren't out here trying to corrupt me." Paris said smiling and I had to laugh.

"If you're grandma only knew how you were the one who corrupted me; in the back of my car, in the movie theater, close to a hundred times in my bedroom and that one time in her little prayer room with Black Jesus watching. Every single time you initiate first contact so if he comes out here trippin I have no problem throwing you under the bus to save my own ass. I'm just saying I could show her my dick and I promise from this day forth she'd stop hating me." I said smiling.

"Whatever Cori...... so your dad called and asked me if I knew what's been going with you." Paris said and I tried to keep my anger from getting the best of me. "Have your really gone three weeks without talking to them Cori?" Paris asked and I shrugged.

"I just gotta get my thoughts in order before I start talking to them again, but look I'm not mad at them..... sure they get on my damn nerves but they aren't the focus of my anger." I said thinking about 'him'....... "So I'm thinking about quitting soccer." I said trying to change the subject.

"WHAT?! Why Cori you love soccer....... I wouldn't be surprised if you loved soccer more than you loved me." Paris said laughing with her hand planted firmly on my dick.

"Nah never that..... but I'm just not feeling it this year, I don't wanna spend my senior year doing the same exact thing I've always done. I wanna try something new......" I said knowing in my heart there was no way in hell I'd quit soccer, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and saw I had a text from Noah to call him in like two hours. "Let's get outta here." I said smiling.

"And go where Cori?" Paris asked smirking, she already knew what I was thinking but before I could move to open the door for her, granny's old as shuffled out the house looking like she was about to cast a voodoo spell on me.

"Paris, time for dinner......" She said giving me the evil eye.

"You know I never realized this but I imagine if vultures could talk they would sound exactly like your grandma." I said waving at the old bird.

"Shut up, I'll call you later." Paris said kissing me. "I love you."

"I love you too." I said waiting until she got in the house before getting in my car and pulling off..... I guess I was going back home to deal with the same shyt I always had to deal with......

I got home and of course they tried to speak but I jut kept walking and didn't stop until I got to my room and locked the door. A lot of my anger wasn't directed at my dads or little brother, they were just unfortunate casualties in a war I was having with the real enemy. After taking a really cold shower I was getting dressed when someone started knocking on the door, it would've been too easy to pretend to be sleep but I knew sooner or later I'd have to speak to them, so I opened the door and let Dad number one in.