Khalil 8

We didn't know what was going to happen today, all I knew was Julius was supposed to be meeting Marcus and as the seconds clicked away my body was telling me to let this whole thing go, but I had to trust in Marcus and my brothers to make sure nothing went wrong. Around six in the morning Marcus got up and just the smallest action of him walking out the door to our bedroom damn near made me cry because if things went wrong this would be possibly te last time I'd ever see him walk out those door. I know what y'all are thinking that I have to think positively but it was kinda hard when I knew that Zyshaun wouldn't be there to ensure everything we according to plan. I got up and walked downstairs where Marcus was cooking breakfast and as badly as I wanted to beg and plead for him to stay , I knew it would only lead to an argument and I didn't want us to fight not today....... Noah and Cori walked into the kitchen and sat at the table, even though they didn't know what was going on they knew something was happening, Mama Angela and Tonya walked into the kitchen with Marquise and I knew they felt it too.

"Marcus look at you in here cooking like you know what you're doing." Tonya said and Marcus rolled his eyes. "So what time it this 'dinner party' at Zyshaun's?" Tonya asked and Marcus shot her a look that said stop talking.

"It's at eight...... but we're leaving here at seven so please be ready. Cori when you're done go get dressed so I can take you to Toy'R'Us." Marcus said turning back to the stove as Cori's eyes lit up. We sat there quietly as Marcus listened to everything Cori and Noah had to say, I knew what he was doing and it was killing me to see this...... I got up and went down stairs to the workout room because I had a lot of anger I needed to get out, an hour into my workout Noah walked into my home gym and looked at me.

"Dad what's going on?" He asked and I acted like I didn't hear him for about ten minutes but he never budge. "I'm not stupid dad, I know y'all are up to something regarding that dude Julius is that why dad number two is acting like this....... he just asked me if I wanted to play football with him later." Noah said.

"It's nothing Noah your dad is just........" I started to lie to him but didn't see the point so because I'm sure he knew more than I gave him credit for, so instead I just nodded.

"WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU LETTING HIM DO IT?!?!?!?!?! WHY ARE YOU LETTING HIM PUT HIMSELF IN DANGER?!?!?!?!? WHY DON'T YOU STOP HIM?!?!?!?!" Noah yelled, before he could say another word I had him pressed against the wall his feet about six inches off the ground before I caught myself and let him down. I knew Noah loved Marcus more than anything, I'm pretty sure 90% of the fights he's been involved in were because someone said something bad about Marcus.

"Noah...... as angry as you feel, it's nothing compared to what I'm going through. But I trust my husband and his decision making and you should trust that your dad has a plan...... and if he wants to play football with you well you better get your ass out there and play." I said looking into eyes that were exactly like my own. Noah didn't say anything he just walked out probably to go in his room and sulk......

When Marcus got back with Cori, he went out back with Noah and played football and I could tell they were having a deep conversation because Noah looked like he was fighting back tears. After they were done he came inside, sat by the window holding Marquise he whispered so quietly that I couldn't hear but I knew he was telling him how much he loved him.

"Baby can I talk to you real quick?" I asked quietly, Marcus looked at me before handing Marquise off to Mama Angela. We walked into our room and there was a hint of humor in his eyes. "I change my mind I'm not letting you do this....... we'll find some other way to get this dude but I'm not going to risk your safety." I said looking into his eyes.

"It's too late to change the plan Khalil, besides Julius doesn't want to hurt me.... it's you that he hates, so maybe you should sit this out." Marcus said and I crossed the room in two steps and towered over him. "Khalil as long as y'all are exactly where y'all are supposed to be then nothing should go wrong."

"Yeah but......" Marcus started kissing me and before I knew it we were turning our bedroom into a two-man orgy.............. Around seven-thirty we were all sitting around Zyshaun's house going over the plan one last time, Zyshaun decided to send Young Mon in his stead since he couldn't be there and I was glad to have him there because I've seen him go toe to toe with the best of them.

"Mama Angela is going to get enough of kicking my chef out the kitchen." Zyshaun said laughing, it wasn't even late and I could tell he was slightly drunk. I knew he was pissed that he couldn't be there but he was sending the next best thing so that put me at ease a little.

"I bet you won't go tell her that." I said forcing a smile. Zyshaun got up and walked into the kitchen but came back a few minutes later looking like a child who just got caught doing something they weren't supposed to be doing. "So how's it turn out for you?" I asked laughing.

"Shut up....... where the fuck is Gonzo?" Zyshaun looking at his watch. "He should be here by now." Just as the words left his mouth Enzo walked in with Legacy who looked beyond pissed and I started to ask what was wrong until Tia turned the corner and my question was answered.

"Umm...... Tonya do you wanna take Tia in the kitchen?" I asked and Tonya smirked then led Tia into the kitchen with the rest of the women.

"Julius tried to kill her once before, I couldn't take that risk." Enzo said quietly.

"Ayy nobody is blaming you for wanting to protect your babies mom....... but if she says anything out of line you know Mama Angela is going to cut her down to size." Zyshaun said smiling.

"Khalil can I talk to you for a minute.........." Mama Angela said walking into the living room, I got up and followed her all the way out back and stood there waiting...... "I don't know exactly what y'all are planning but I'll just say this; if you don't want to be in that number that John saw, that no man could number, marching in their long white robes..... then you better not let anything happen to Marcus." She said looking into my eyes.

"You have my word." I said meaning every letter, we stood out there looking at each other until Enzo walked out back to get me. He didn't say any words but I caught everything he was thinking it was time for Marcus to leave. "I'll be back in a minute." I said quietly, then walking to the front of the house where everyone was standing.

".... Aight so Marcus we'll be right behind you. When you meet with Julius if you get any feeling that something is off, just bend down and tie your shoe letting us know to get you outta there." Devin was explaining to Marcus.

"I know Devin we've been over this a million times." Marcus said glancing at me. "Just make sure y'all don't fuck up because I'd hate for this to all be for nothing." Marcus said smiling.

"Just making sure big bro......... aight let's give there two some space." Devin said walking back inside.

"So...... this is it." I said quietly.

"Don't think like that Khalil....... by ten o'clock we'll all be back here laughing and going on with our lives as if we've never heard the name Julius Banks." Marcus said trying to kiss me but I turned my head.

"I'll kiss you once you're in my arms again." I said smiling. "Maybe that will give you some incentive to bring your ass home." I said pulling him into a hug. "I really love you Marcus......" I said.

"I love you too........" Marcus said pulling out his cellphone. "Julius just texted me he wants me to meet him at our old house........." Marcus said looking in my eyes.

"Aight call me in five minutes and we'll be right behind you." I said kissing him passionately, when we finally broke apart, I had to put my hands in my pockets to keep them from shaking. Marcus touched my face gently before walking to the car and pulling off. I sat down on the steps outside Zyshaun's house and started counting the second until this was all over for good..........................