Noah 37

When I got out of school, I got yelled at for like two hours straight; most of it went in one ear and out the other not because I wasn't trying to hear them but after a while it all sorta blended together. I knew what I did was bad but I'm fourteen and sometimes I can't control my urges....... when they finally let me go, I walked down to my room and called Jade. Her mom was threatening not to let her go to the dance but because she already spent all that money on her dress and shoes and everything she was allowed to go but she couldn't go to the after party which sucked, but it was better than being banned from seeing me. I decided to go for a run around the neighborhood since I had finished my homework and my covers were in the washer. I walked back upstairs where my dads were talking in the living room quietly......

"Just for the summer Marcus, he needs to spend time with his mother." Dad number one said and my heart started beating fast in my chest, he was really sitting here talking about sending me to live with my mom. Not that there was anything wrong with my mom, she was super cool but this was my home and I didn't want to leave.

"Maybe your right Khalil." Dad number two said and that hurt me more than anything because I was sure he'd have my back, I tried to walk past them and got stop right as I was opening the door. "Where are you going Noah?"

"For a run around the neighborhood, if that's alright..... I'll be back in like thirty minutes." I said walking out so they couldn't see how pissed I was.......... 

I took off running to clear my head and the more I ran to the more angry I got, okay so I snuck my girlfriend into the house but they did the same thing when they were in high school and I know this because both my grandma and Uncle Marsean told me so....... I was on the next block making my way back home when I saw two women struggling with some boxes, one was about my age and the other was a little bit older around 24 or 25.

"Here let me help y'all." I said helping the younger one with this heavy ass box.

"Aww Timika isn't that sweet, thank you cutie." The older one said smiling. "I'm Milan this is my little sister Timika." She said and I could help but notice how much Milan looked like Keri Hilson...... who was definitely in my top three.

"I'm Noah.... I live on the next street." I said quietly, I noticed Timika staring at me and she quickly turned away when I turned towards her. After helping them with the last few boxes I decided to go home and ask my dads why they were spending me away........... When I walked through the door they were sitting on the couch with my grandma and Marquise, while Cori laid across the floor knocked out.

"Who was your run?" Dad number two asked.

"It was coo..... now if y'all will excuse me I'm going to go pack since y'all are pretty much kicking me out." I said walking down to my room and slamming my door. I started throwing stuff in a bag until I realized I'd probably grow out of most of this stuff by the time summer rolled around. I wanted to punch something........ I've been working on controlling my anger by bottling everything in but I was reaching that breaking point, just as I was about to punch the wall dad number one walked in with an amused look on his face. 

"Noah....... you really shouldn't eavesdrop on peoples conversations. Apart from it being rude as fuck, more likely than not you'll hear something and get the wrong context." He said trying not to laugh, which pissed me off even more. I grabbed my boxing gloves and put them on staring into his eyes. "I'm not going to fight with you Noah, at least not right now........ me and your dad, we weren't talking about sending you to stay with your mom." He said looking in my eyes.

"If you say so dad......." I said ready to punch that smile off his face.

"We weren't we were talking about Cori. Your Aunt Liberty is about to have another kid and she's going to need help around the house, we figured Cori could stay there until after Cam got back." He said and I started to feel stupid.

"Oh......" I said taking the gloves off. "Sorry....." I said quietly.

"But you really do need to go spend some time with your mom, when was the last time you were in Pittsburgh? It's been a while....... and when was the last time you seen your other grandparents? Plus I think you need a break away from me and your dad......." He said smiling.

"You're right dad, I'm sorry for overreacting....... umm I'm about to shower so yeah........" I said feeling a bit relieved.

"Aight I'm going to go...... but before I do who was that little girl you were helping move in to the house around the corner?" He said and I'm pretty sure I started blushing. "Just because you don't see them doesn't mean I don't have people watching you No'........ I'll say one more thing be careful don't let a pretty face mess up your relationship. Just some food for thought." Dad said walking out the room, what the hell was he talking about?

The next day at lunch I was sitting at the table with some of my friends and Saint listening to them talk shyt and what they planned to do after the dance.

"Man we got this new bitch in our class today and I'm definitely going to cuff her before the dance." My boy Troy said knowing damn well he wasn't getting any girls.  I saw Jade sitting with her friends and I winked in her direction before getting up and walking over to her. I grabbed her hand and led her into the hallway stealing a quick kiss.

"My bad for yesterday...... we really shouldn't have done that." I said smiling.

"Whatever Noah." She said smiling. "So since I won't be able to go to any parties after the dance I was wondering if you wanted to just come over to my house. My mom will probably be gone and Jose will be out partying and I don't wanna be alone......" Jade said.

"I......." When I opened my mouth to say hell yeah, someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around to see Timika standing there smiling. "Wassup Timika...... Jade this is Timika. Baby this Timika, she just moved in around the corner from me."

"Nice to meet you, Noah I just wanted to say thanks for your help yesterday....... and I was wondering if you'd like to come over for dinner. Just my way of thanking you." Timika said smiling, Jade looked at me with her arms crossed and waited for my answer.

"Umm...... sorry I'm going to have to decline. I've got plans all week......" I said and Timika smirked before glancing at Jade.

"Well it's an open invitation so no worries. I'll see you later Noah and nice meeting you Jade." She said waving at Jade before walking off.

"Noah who the fuck was that?" Jade said the Spanish accent coming out thick, she started cussing me out in Spanish and I stood there stuck because I didn't know what I did wrong..... I pushed her against the locker and kissed her.

"I'm not worried about that girl, Jade you know who has my heart." I said touching the heart-shaped necklace I got for her birthday with the letters 'NC' engraved across it. "Come on lets go back and finish eating lunch is almost over, I said taking her hand in mine and leading her into the lunchroom.We sat down in the corner eating the rest of our food when a bunch of stuff happened at once; a fight broke out in the middle of the lunchroom, I noticed Saint sneaking out the side door with Mario, and I also noticed Timika staring directly at me with a sneaky grin on her face and I just prayed she wasn't plotting to break me and Jade up, because I wouldn't let that happen. Now I just needed to figure out what Saint was up too...........................