Legacy 24

There was a couple days before Thanksgiving and I was going crazy, ever since I resigned from my job and started going back to school I've had too much free time on my hands. Which meant helping Zyshaun get everything setup for this big ass dinner he was throwing, I didn't get why my mom, Carmen and Mama Angela insisted on cooking when Zyshaun could've hired people to do it. But he's been floating on a cloud ever since Yuri came back and I didn't want to bother him with something so little. Something else that's been on my mind a lot was Mique..... tonight me and Lorenzo were supposed to be meeting him and I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. Was Mique going to be pissed that Lorenzo got him traded? Or would he try to get back with me and cause unnecessary drama between the three of use? All this played in my head as I watched Enzo doing push-ups in front of Ace and Ivanna who seemed to think that was the funniest thing in the world.

"Baby you're going to burn yourself out before they get bored." I said watching as they laughed at the obvious pain Enzo was experiencing. "Come on Lorenzo you're not as young as you used to be." I said laughing.

"Young enough to keep up with you." He said smiling. "But you're right my arms are getting tired so why don't you come take over for a little while." I got down on the floor and started doing push-ups much to the delight of the kids.

"Legacy quit messing with those babies and go get dressed." My mom said walking into the living room smiling. She's also been on cloud nine since finding out that I resigned from the force and was now pursuing politics, she's already started trying to get together a campaign even though I just started going back to school. "Remember I'll be over Zyshaun's getting everything set up for Thanksgiving so whenever y'all doing whatever it is that y'all are doing come straight there."

"Yes ma'am......" I said getting up. "Lorenzo let's go we gotta be there in an hour." I said and I saw something in his his that made me even more nervous than I already was......

We got to the restaurant and I kept tapping the table nervously, I really hoped they could behave themselves and not getting into a pissing contest. Mique was my friends and Lorenzo was my fiancee...... there was no reason they shouldn't be able to get along, then I remembered Lorenzo got him traded. God I should've just come alone at first to judge how he felt instead of jumping into the fire, Lorenzo put his hand on top of mine and I relaxed a little.

"I'll behave if he does." Lorenzo said nodding his head to the door, as Mique stepped inside looking around. "Relax." Lorenzo said as Mique walked over to the table smiling, I couldn't help but smile back because he always had a nice smile, after a quick church hug we sat down and the awkward silence began.

"Okay since things are already awkward...... Lorenzo I know about the trade." Mique said looking at Lorenzo. "I'm not going to lie  I was pissed when I first found out but after thinking about it I don't blame you...... Legacy is a good dude and I knew from the jump y'all still had feelings for each other." Mique said picking up his menu.

"I'm not sorry......... I love Legacy and there's an old saying 'all's fair in love and war' and Legacy is the love of my life. But I feel like as men we should be able to move past this and be somewhat cordial. You're cool with my little brother and I know you're going to be around us and the last thing we need is more drama." Lorenzo said looking directly into Mique's eyes.

"Devin is my boy and I know he has a lot of love for you so I guess we can try to be cordial........ and who knows maybe one day we can be friends." Mique said, the entire restaurant took a sigh of relief or maybe that was just me imagining it.

"So...... now that the awkward part of our evening is over with what's going on with you and Will?" I asked smirking.

"We're just friends...... we've chilled a few times but its nothing serious but there's potential for something else." Mique said, the rest of the night was pretty chill there was still some tension but eventually it dissipated.

"He seems cool..... I'm not sure how I feel about him and Will, but as long as he doesn't try anything to get with you then maybe we could be cool." Lorenzo said kissing my cheek. "Now...... let's go see what's going over Zyshaun's house." He said and I really hoped I didn't have to do any heavy lifting.

When we got to Zyshaun's estate things were far worse than I feared........ my mom, Liberty, Tonya and Carmen were leading everyone in a Soul Train line and the fact that my mom was twerking on Toussaint almost made me throw up. I noticed Mama Angela having a heated discussion with Marcus and Marsean off to the side. Something that caught me off guard or rather someone....... Sa'vion was sitting of to the side with some pretty dark skinned chick. He looked over at me and nodded his head, me and Sa'vion didn't have the best relationship but if Enzo and Mique could get to a place of peace then maybe I could make peace with my best friends brother........

"Wassup?" I said sitting next to him, he whispered in the girls ear and she got up to socialize with everyone else. "Look..... we've known each other since we were kids and we haven't always seen eye to eye, actually we...."

"We hated each others...." Sa'vion said. "I'm man enough to admit that I've been a dick in the past but love can change a man...... Kierra she's been helping me become a better person, a better father and better man. I know we had our problems but I think everyone deserves a second chance...... maybe that's why I told Devin he should talk to Nico, without Will and get his side of things." Sa'vion said.

"Yeah that didn't go the way any expected." I said sarcastically.

"True I didn't expect Iman to be there....... but who knows maybe he's changed while he was away." Sa'vion said shrugging. "I just want a chance to show I've changed......"

"I'm all for forgiving people........ I know Cam will be more than willing once he gets back, he's going to need his family standing on a unite front when he gets back because who knows the hell he's going through over there." I said and Sa'vion nodded, it was extremely awkward between us.

"If you want I can insult you to break this awkward silence." Sa'vion said laughing.

"Nah we're trying to have a good time and the last thing we need is a fight." I said chuckling. "But seriously let me go check on Devin, he's drinking and that's never a good thing." I said getting up but Sa'vion stopped me.

"Nah..... let me handle it." Sa'vion said walking over to Devin. I watched as Devin and Sa'vion started talking quietly.

"And so there was peace in the kingdom......... at least until the liquor comes out." Lorenzo whispered in my ear. "I'm proud of you, I know it couldn't have been easy given your history with him." Lorenzo said.

"I'm proud of you too....... I know sitting across from Mique wasn't how you wanted to spend the day but you put your big boy pants on and face your rival." I said laughing.

"He's far from my rival but come on let's go break this shyt up, I think your mom was about to start doing the chickenhead and that's something I don't want to see." Lorenzo said reaching room my hand. So far everything was peaceful but who knows how long it was going to last, for right now I just wanted to have a good time with my family.........................................