Marcus 12

The past few weeks we've been waiting for something to happen but nothing...... it's like Julius just dropped off the planet. We were starting to get back to a somewhat normal life Zyshaun was still on house arrest so Khalil was still running things but honestly despite feeling like he was out of place Khalil was doing an amazing job, so much so that Zyshaun was trying to convince him to come and work there permanently. But he didn't want to and I wasn't going to pressure no matter how much Zyshaun asked me....... the boys were out of school today since the teachers had some made up holiday, so I was spending the day with Cori while Khalil and Noah were doing something they didn't want me to know about. I sat in the kitchen watching my mom feed Marquise when Khalil and Noah both walked into the kitchen looking nervous as hell.

"So what will y'all be doing?" I asked.

"Why are you so nosy? Why can't I spend time with my oldest without reporting everything to you?" Khalil asked smiling. "You don't hear me asking what you and Cori are doing today do you?" He asked sitting next to me.

"That's because I've already told you, we're going to go check on the house then come back and watch movies all day...." I said looking at him.

"Man aight but you can't make a big deal out of it......... me and Noah decided we were going to face our fears today and go to a circus." Khalil said and just the thought of these two being around a bunch of clowns was enough to make me say forget about the house but I knew if I did that they wouldn't want to do it.

"Well have fun and make sure y'all take a lot of pictures. Let's go Cori." I said standing up and walking out the kitchen. We made the thirty minute drive to our new house where Liberty was waiting with Cadence, I walked over to them as Cori went to explore the house and claim his room before Noah go the chance to.

"Still no signs of Julius?" Cadence asked and I shook my head. "Why don't we just pull up on that bitch Roseline? I mean her and Julius have worked together before so it's not impossible for them to be working together now..... hell I'm willing to bet my life that she at least knows where he's hiding."

"That's what I'm saying call Tonya tell her get back down her and we can run up in Roseline's house Set It Off style." Liberty said pulling out a pink .22 Ruger.

"Aww that is the cutest little gun I've ever seen! Where'd you get it?" Cadence asked looking at the gun.

"Camden's goofy looking ass got it for me before he left and I've been waiting for someone to run up, best believe I'm going to Stand My Ground on the first person who jumps stupid." Liberty said putting the gun back in her purse. "Marcus don't look like that, it's not even loaded."

"I didn't say anything..... but if y'all believe for one second I haven't been keeping an eye on Roseline then y'all don't know me at all. I've had someone watching her every move and honestly she hasn't done anything suspicious, so maybe she's not back to cause trouble besides Roseline is the type to announce whenever she makes a move in glorious fashion." I said watching as Cori came running towards us.

"Dad can I have the biggest room? I need space for all my stuff." Cori asked, giving me those puppy dog eyes that usually melted my heart but not this time because there was no way his room was going to be bigger than mine.

"I'll think about it but let's go........" I didn't get the chance to finish because Cadence started jumping up and down and screaming, "What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked.

"That surrogate chick that Devin didn't want us meeting is finally in labor!" Cadence said. Thirty minutes later we were arriving at the hospital, we walked into the lobby to find everyone sitting around waiting while Khalil and Noah looked shell shocked. Liberty and Cadence went to check on Devin while I walked over to Khalil and Noah.

"So how'd it go?" I asked trying not to smile, but the fact that they both looked scared told me everything I needed to know.

"One of those muthafuckers tried to touch me........ I was coo from a distance but once he got within swinging distance I......."

"He ran out leaving me high and dry." Noah said offering his own commentary.

"The way I remember it was I had to piss, so I went to the restroom......." Khalil said smirking. "But here Noah's a lot braver than I am." Khalil said handing me a picture of Noah standing next to a clown.

"Aww now I got to find a frame." I said putting the picture in my jacket pocket. We sat there talking until Devin and Torian came out both smiling, like they'd just hit the Mega Millions Jackpot, everyone was trying their hardest to get a look at the twins but I decided to wait, just to make sure Khalil was okay because he looked like he was about to be sick. After everyone got a chance to see them me and Khalil walked to the back with nursery with Devin, we looked at the twins one who was crying his eyes out and the other fast asleep.

"The lighter one is Odion...... Torian picked out the name, it means eldest twin or something like that he has the same color eyes as my mom and you Khalil....... the darker one is Darion...... I picked that name." Devin said smiling.

"How's the mother doing?" Khalil asked never taking his eyes off of the twins.

"Don't know nor care...... and she isn't their mother she's their surrogate. She made it perfectly clear that she was only in it for the money and she didn't want anything to do with them....... hell she didn't even want to see them once they were born." Devin said pissed.

"Cheer up little bro, you got two beautiful babies don't let that fuck up what should be one of the happiest day of your life and I'm sure if Cam was here he'd be saying the same thing aside from making a lot of jokes about the names y'all picked out. Now when can I hold them." Khalil asked smiling, Devin asked Torian to take Khalil to see the twins.

"You know for someone who just had twins you seem pretty distant." I asked standing next to Devin.

"This should be the happiest day of my life and don't get me wrong I'm damn near about to cry because I'm happy...... but I can't stop thinking about Nico." Devin said and I almost threw him through the window. "Not like that..... he's been writing Iman and it's really been bothering me." Devin said quietly. Wow that really caught me off guard.......

"When did you find this out?" I asked.

"The day of Ramone's 'trial'...... but I'll handle it no one else needs to get involved so can you keep this between us? I want to be the one who talks to Nico without a gang of people...... I owe him that much." Devin said quietly.

"Devin I can't keep this from Khalil keep in mind Iman burned down our house, almost killed us and kill our dog....." I said looking through the window at Khalil.

"I know but Nico will be back in a couple days just let me talk to him and I promise I'll tell Khalil everything............ I just feel like this is all my fault, I'm the one who pushed Nico to Iman and brought him into our lives so I have to be the one to convince him to just leave that dude alone." Devin said sadly. "I need a Red Bull tell them I'll be back." Devin said walking to the elevators. As soon as the elevator doors closed and Khalil walked out of the nursery I pulled him and Torian to the side, me and Khalil promised no more secrets and I couldn't let Devin walked into something like this alone.

"We need to talk about Devin and Nico." I said knowing that all this would cause is more drama but I rather them know now than to be caught off guard by it later............................................