Khalil 127

Me, Enzo and Dominique sat in Mississippi Baptist Medical Center, waiting for any news on Justice; but it was difficult considering he had killed three of the dudes that tried to kill him and Zyshaun's men had taken out all the other dudes except for two but the way it was being spun on the news was they were making it seem like Justice had killed them all but that wasn't the case. Right now Zyshaun had some of the best lawyers in the country trying to get him off since it was technically self-defense he was still looking at a really long prison stay if he survived........ Dominique was beyond angry and for the first time I saw the infamous Cunningham anger come out of him when he found out about what happened, it took me and Enzo to try to hold him back when Justice flat-lined, thankfully they were able to revive Justice but Domo was out for blood and the only person who seemed to calm him down was his mom. Now we were all sitting in the lobby waiting for more news on Justice and any word on what happened with Young Mon because it wasn't looking good for him either.

"Mr. Meadows, you should really get some rest we're doing everything we can for your friend but you badgering us every five minutes isn't helping the situation. If you want I'll be happy to take you home get you a change of clothes and maybe so sleep to help you relax." The nurse said clearly flirting with Dominique and I just sat back because I already knew what was about to happen.

"BITCH THAT'S MY FUCKIN BROTHER IN THERE AND YOU SITTING OUT HERE ACTING THIRSTY!!!! I SWEAR TO GOD YOU BETTER GET OUT MY FACE BEFORE I KNOCK YOUR ASS OUT, GO CLEAN SOME BEDPANS OR SOMETHING!!!!" Dominique said yelling and I had to grab him for the fourth time today but I feel like his anger was slightly justified.

"Little Bro calm down..... I'm sure this nice woman was just trying to make sure you're alright and I get it, you're on edge we all are and you lashing out isn't going to help Justice just relax." I said pulling him away. "Ma'am I'm sorry about my brother, he's just upset." I said trying to keep her from having us all kicked out.

"He better be lucky he's sexy....." She said walking off and I sat next to Enzo who had just finished talking to Zyshaun.

"How's he doing?" I asked referring to both Ramone and Zyshaun.

"They're about to go into surgery one of his lungs collapsed this morning and....... it's bad. Zyshaun blames himself he feels like if he had just let Mon bring Ymir on this trip then all this could've been avoided. Then there's Devin who's convinced Nico's behind this but from what I've been able to gather from Zyshaun Nico's still in Brazil and he's been there since after Devin's wedding." Enzo said and I tried to rack my brain as to who would want to hurt Ramone, it couldn't be Ymir because he was the one who found him so there were no suspects.

"I gotta go check on everyone back on Saint Trinity Island I know Marcus is probably going crazy right now, watch him and make sure he doesn't beat up any orderly's while I'm gone." I said and Enzo nodded.

"Hurry back so I can call Legacy." He yelled as I got on the elevator. Knowing Marcus he was either sleep or cleaning since it was around five in the morning in Fiji but he answered on the very first ring which let me know he was up.

"Are you all right?" He asked and I felt my heart turn to puddy.

"Yeah me and Enzo are good but Devin, Dominique and Zyshaun are hurting right now....... it's not looking good. I just wanted to call and check on you and make sure you were alright I know it can't be easy being there and not knowing what's going on...... has Cam made it back yet?" I asked.

"Yeah he's pissed him and Sa'vion keep trying to leave but their pretty but stranded here with us, they're worried about all of y'all." Marcus said.

"I know baby, but I gotta make sure y'all are alright and y'all being back here is......." I could fix my mouth to form the words but I've put them through enough already.

"I know Khalil." Marcus said and I knew he understood better than everyone why I was keeping them there.

"How are my boys doing?" I asked imagining all the hell those three were causing.

"Noah is good he understand but he's upset about Ramone and Justice, Cori doesn't really know what's going so he doesn't seem to mind we're staying a little bit longer and Marquise well he's biting everyone and thinks it's the funniest thing in the world." Marcus said and I started laughing.

"He get's that from you, I still got bite marks on my chest and shoulder from all the times you......... I love you Marcus." I said quietly.

"I love you too and I'll see you soon so you can show me the alleged bite marks." Marcus said and I hung up because I knew we'd probably sit on the phone listening to each other breathe for about an hour. I walked back upstairs and let Enzo go call his dude while I looked around from my youngest brother.

"I made him go apologize to that nurse, I didn't raise that boy to disrespect women." Domo's mother Jackie said as I sat next to her. "I regret keeping him away from y'all growing up, but I had my reasons Kadeem had a whole other family and you were a big college player I didn't want to throw something like that on your shoulders." She said quietly.

"I don't fault you at all, as a parent I know what it's like to want the best for my sons...... I do wish I could gotten to know him but we got the rest of our lives to spend together." I said. "Though I don't think I could've help with those anger problems that's a curse we all inherited from our father there's no getting around that." I said smiling.

"Khalil can I ask you something? As a mother I'm unapologetically nosy and lately I've been having dreams about fish, now I don't usually buy into those old wives tales but the dreams coupled with me knowing my son better than anybody..... did he get that girl Vanessa pregnant?" She asked looking at Domo.

"Umm...... I'm not sure, I mean I haven't heard anything. There is that girl Milan he was messing with and she's saying it's his but I don't think Vanessa's pregnant what makes you ask?" I said looking at Domo.

"Women aren't the only ones who get pregnancy symptoms; Dominique hates popcorn and he's on his third bag, Kadeem was the same way when I got pregnant he hated popcorn but one I was carrying his son that's all I'd ever see him eat. Then there the mood swings...... I've noticed that before all this happened with Justice." She said and I thought about it, Vanessa was acting weird during the trip; not drinking, throwing up a lot, the weird cravings.......... damn how did I miss that?

"I'll find out and let you know as soon as I can..... there's something I wanna ask you as well." I said looking into her eyes. "For me...... here's a plane ticket for you to an island owned by my brother Zyshaun, I'm asking you to take it and go there until we can get all this cleared up I want everyone important to me there safe and since you're family I can't have anything happening to you." I said holding out the ticket.

"Before I give you my answer I need to know two things; one will you promise to keep my son safe?" She asked and I nodded, that went without saying I was always going to protect my siblings. "Second is Angela and Loretta on this island?" She asked smirking and I nodded. "Well I should probably go pack my bags." She said standing up and hugging me.

"Khalil......" A broken voice said from behind me, I turned around and Enzo was standing there; eyes red, body shaking and a mask of pain on his face....... he didn't have to finish talking because I already knew what had happened and now I had to fly back to Houston to help bury Ramone...........................................

***** Short chapter but I kept getting distracted as I was writing so I apologize. Also I've been outlining the spinoff as well as working on chapters for Second Semester and Hell On An Angel, but I'm looking for a few people to discuss a couple ideas regarding the spinoff with so if you're interested please message me and we can discuss some ideas I have (no spoilers, just ideas). *****