Epilogue 14: Marcus

Over the past week there had been too many damn tears in this house, Khalil and Michelle would start tearing up every time Noah walked out the door, or any time he started talking about college, or whenever they walked past his room. My mom and Tonya had been crying because from what I could understand was they had 'supposedly' just found out Destiny's Child had broke up and I tried to tell them that happened years ago but they wouldn't listen to me so I ignored them. Though the most tears came from Cori, though he tried his best to hide them by walking up to his room I knew him well enough to know when he had been crying and I knew he was going to miss his big brother. It was the night before graduation and honestly I couldn't sleep so many things were running through my head like; what if they say he couldn't graduate or if Noah tripped across the stage or if he decided to do something stupid like Khalil did at our graduation like kiss the coach of the girls basketball team knowing full well she was definitely Team Gay...... finally I gave up on trying to sleep and decided to go do laundry since that was the only thing that would put me to sleep, when I got down to laundry room I heard Noah's voice talking quietly.

"......... come on Jade you're supposed to be walking me through this, I've never done my own laundry before my dads usually take care of it for me........ true but you'll be at UCLA while I'm at USC, we're both going to be busy and plus neither one of us is going to have a car since we're freshmen and I'm not going to be catching the bus or calling a cab every time I need my clothes washed....... I know you don't put bleach on colored clothes......" Noah said and I walked into the laundry room scaring him. "Wassup dad....." Noah said nervously and I instantly thought back to the very first time he called me dad....

"So you spilled some juice on Vic?" I said and even though my face was serious on the inside I was dancing.

"It was an accident dad...... I mean Marcus" Noah said quickly and I remember trying not to cry remembering it was a slip up but after that it kinda just stuck.........

"Aww man please don't tell me you're about to start crying too? I swear if one more person in this house cries I'm going to skip graduation all together. What?........ Jade I'm just playing, look I'll call you right back. I love you too." Noah said hanging up. "Now like I was saying I really will skip graduation if I see another person crying."

"Boy I'm allowed to get a little misty-eyed, all our hard work is finally paying off and if you're not there tomorrow I'll kill you, then have Torian bring you back so Khalil can kill you, then have Marsean bring you back one more time so your mom can kill you." I said looking into his eyes.

"Okay I get the point, so since Jade is being stubborn are you going to help me with this I'm trying to be packed before tomorrow so I can just come home, change and head straight out for all these graduation parties that are happening tomorrow." Noah said and I looked at the massive pile of clothes and smiled.

"Nope now you got another reason to call home....." I said walking out the laundry room ignoring his protest and pleas for help. I walked back up to our room and Khalil was still knocked out , I figured I'd be up all night so I decided if I had to be up so did Khalil. "Khalil wake up." I said trying to shake him out his sleep.

"Go to sleep Marcus." He said covering his head, but I was determined; I started rubbing his dick and ever so slightly Khalil moved his body towards mine. "You're not going to let me sleep are you?" Khalil asked looking at me instead of answering I moved further down his body and just as I was about to take his dick in my mouth someone started knocking on the door.

"Ayy dad I think I put to much detergent in the washer." Noah said quietly and I really believe he did that on purpose, he couldn't leave here without interrupting us at least one more time.

"Yeah go handle that, don't worry Mar I'll still be up when you get back." Khalil said smiling as I got up to go see the mess Noah had made downstairs hopefully this didn't take too long because I was horny and I knew Khalil didn't like to be kept waiting......................

If it hadn't been for Marquise we would've over slept, he came into our room wanting some cereal and when I rolled over to look at the clock I realized that the graduation started in about three hours, so I jumped outta bed and started rushing around getting ready while Khalil tried to wake everyone up, I told them they should probably hold off on drinking until tonight but nobody listened to me. We all had to settle for a quick breakfast since there were too many people to cook for even though some people complained (Cori and my mom) it wasn't until half way through my cereal that I realized Noah wasn't even up yet.

"Marquise go wake up your brother...." I said checking my watch, damn did it really take over an hour to get everyone ready? Marquise ran downstairs to Noah's room with the rest of the Lollipop Guild and about thirty minutes Noah was walking into the kitchen pissed. "Why aren't you dressed?" I asked pissed looking at his tshirt and shorts.

"I'm getting dressed once we get to the school and before y'all ask yes I took a shower, I just don't want them ruining my suit with their dirty little hands...... I don't even see why I have to wear a suit it's suppose to be over a hundred today." Noah complained sitting next to Cori and taking his cereal.

"Okay we're leaving here in five minutes, so we can get some good seats." I said knowing it would probably take about twenty to get everyone in the cars.

"Noah I swear to god you better smile for every picture I take." Michelle said and I had to agree with her Noah had a really bad habit like his dad of not smiling for pictures, and Noah replied with a subtle wink before going back down to get his suit. Finally we were all there and the first person I saw was Zyshaun sitting in the very front row (did he really need a security detail with him?) I walked over to him and noticed his eyes were slightly red.

"Zyshaun have you been crying." I asked quietly and he nodded.

"You just don't realize how happy I am to be getting my pool house back, I told Toussaint once he left he wasn't allowed back until he got a college degree so more likely than not he's going to be staying with y'all during his visits home because I mean that shyt." Zyshaun said smiling, I couldn't take him seriously so I moved to my seat next to Khalil and Michelle, hoping like hell these kids didn't embarrass Noah and Saint.

"Zyshaun why the hell did you let Toussaint come out the house wearing that bright ass suit?" My mom asked pointing to Saint who was getting help putting on his cap and gown by Mario but it didn't hide the bright yellow suit he had on underneath of it.

"Because he made the mistake of telling Trinity he could pick out his suit, sort of a last minute gift to his little brother.......... but Toussaint failed to take into account  Trinity's sick sense of humor which he got from me, though Toussaint didn't seem to mind I think he wants all eyes on him today." Zyshaun said smirking.

"Well mission accomplished because he looks like he's going to church on Easter Sunday." Enzo said and Zyshaun started to reply but it was drowned out by the sounds of people filling into the stadium, and as the keynote speaker began to talk my thought strayed to the very first conversation me and Noah

"Can I tell you a secret Marcus?" Noah asked smiling.

"Yeah sure." I said looking at him.

"Well this has got to stay between us....... okay the truth is I didn't really want pizza, I just wanted to prove a point." Noah said looking me in my eyes.

"And what point was that Noah?" I asked, remembering fondly the mischievous glint he got in his eyes.

"Well the point is this I've been here about four hours and I've already got my dad and uncles wrapped around my fingers, you see how easy it was for me to get him to change his mind about the spaghetti and that wasn't even me trying........ just imagine all the havoc I plan to cause this summer when I come to visit. Just some food for thought oh and when I come back can you make sure y'all stocked up on Oreo's.... thanks you're a true gentleman." Noah said walking out the kitchen laughing.....

I felt myself starting to tear up because we had come a long way from that encounter, me and Noah met eyes and he smiled that's when I couldn't hold back any longer, these were happy tears though because we all have been through a lot. Khalil gently squeezed my hand and I looked at him, he gave me that same trouble maker smile that I fell in love with in elementary school and I knew from that moment on the rest of of our lives would be filled with nothing but happiness...................................