Prologue Chapter 5

The two walks towards the outskirts of campus, moving further from the impressive spires and scenery to a more desolate area of campus. As they walk further away, Angel starts to see the trees becoming withered and dead, and the grass becoming more brown than green. A bit unmanaged, she thinks as they walk further outside the campus.

After a few more minutes, Crowley stops and turn towards the girl, saying in his booming voice. "Aha! We're here."

Angel looks at the surroundings and see what she expected for a "habitable enough" place to live. She sees that there is an iron gate separating the two from the property of the dorm, but even looking past the gate you can see how worn down the place is. The yard is barren with no grass or greenery, letting brown engulf the ground. Even though there are tress, most of them are barren with no leaves, with only about 2 out of 10 of them look healthy enough to survive the winter. Even from the distance of where they stand, she can see that the dorm building a few feet away from them is huge, being 3 stories tall, but if you look close enough, you can see that there is some wear and tear on the building. The gutters are slanted, making it look like it'll fall at any point in time. There are boards on the windows, but even those boards don't look sturdy enough to block the wind from entering the house.

"You want me to live here...?" Angel says to Crowley, shocked by the state of the of the house

"Why yes! Isn't it delightful?" Crowley says with a smile as he carries the suitcase towards the door of the building. "Right, scoot inside now. There you go," he says as he pushes Angel inside as into the building.

They both enter the building and slowly make their way inside the dark, cold building. As they walk forward into the darkness, Angel found it a bit hard to breath. The sounds of wood creaking with their weight added to the neglect of the house, groaning terribly with every step the two make. When they reached what Angel assumed to be the lounge, her eyes widen surprise. She saw furniture strewn everywhere, knocked over and in disrepair. They look like they would still in be in use, but without a good dusting and cleaning because the color is dulled down by a mountain of dust. The pillows were in no good condition either. They were full of stains and had a musty smell to them that Angel hoped was because of the dust and not anything from the stains. The curtains that adorn the windows looks tattered and dirty, letting dust accumulate within the fabric, which Angel didn't think it was possible. Rugs that belonged on the floor ended up covering furniture, tables, and the obvious fireplace in the middle of the lounge, waving through the chilled wind like wisps. Speaking of wind, Angel noticed that some of the windows had cracks, and when she went towards one of them, she felt a sharp cold wind kiss her face, letting her step back in surprise of how cold it got outside. No wonder Crewel told me to keep the blanket she thinks as she brings the blanket around her shoulders closer to her body.

"This should be enough to keep the elements at bay for the time being," Crowley says in a relieved tone as he places the suitcase down. Angel stares at him as he starts to head towards the door. "Now, I should return to my research. Do try to find some way to busy yourself." He starts to turn the doorknob and opens the door. "But don't let me catch you wandering around the campus! Ta!" He exclaims.

"W-Wait!" Angel catches him.

"Hmm? What is it? Are you not grateful for the housing I provided out of the goodness of my heart?" He asks her, annoyed at the fact that she is rejecting his generosity.

"That's not it," Angel replied. "I wanted to ask if there was anything I should be worried about. For safety sake...you know."

Crowley looks at her and thinks for a moment. "No...there isn't anything that comes to mind about the place. Just a bit...inoperative. Maybe if you cleaned the place up a little, it might make your stay a little more comfortable, even if it is only for a night." He says. "Now if you must excuse me, I must go on with my research. I hope that your stay is quite pleasant!" He says as he waves and walks out of the door, slamming it behind.