🐙The Merchant from the Depths🐙 Chapter 1

A/N: so I have some bad news people. Since I'm doing classes in June and July, my time of posting may be limited (if you can know the whole course of microbiology and human A&P respectively in a month then please tell me!) so, starting from June and at least until the summer ends, I will be posting at least 2x a week instead of 3x a week but I will continue to try to post 3 chapters at one time (if not then it will be the normal two chapters at a time). Book 3 will take a while to complete since again I only have a month to learn almost everything about those two classes so I thank you guys for understanding and thank you guys for your continued support! (5/20/23)

Pray for me because those two subjects are hard af!

One night, as Angel was sleeping in the room, the mirror glows, ripples forming a picture forms in her dreams.

Angel opened her eyes to see nothing but water, a storm brewing as she watches the waves clash amongst themselves. She looks around, the violent waves, dancing against each other as lighting strikes in the sky, the thunder making the waves only shake more violently as it rumbles. (What an intense storm...) She thinks as she watches the storm continue.

"Hurricane a'comin'! Stand fast! Secure the riggin'!" Angel heard, looking around for the sound. In the distance, she sees a big ship, falling victim to the lighting and violent waves, fire erupting and what seems like people jumping off to save themselves from their fiery fate. As Angel only looks at the ship, she can see that certain debris has fallen into the sea, scattering the waves, but the waves only violently shake the debris, and with people holding on to debris as a sense of comfort, only falls victim to the raging sea below. She looks at the sea, seeing two people far away from the burning ship, a man and woman, with the man being unconscious while the woman only looks at him in concern, swimming away from the ship with ease as she carries him off to the distance. The light only flashes, making Angel close her eyes.

As the light blinds her, she hears a voice. "Look! He's breathing," a womanly voice says, making Angel only open her eyes to see a shoreline of sorts. She sees a beach, with the man and woman laying on it, but the thing that caught Angel's attention was that instead of legs, the woman had a green fish tail instead. The woman had bright red hair and a purple...bra? The woman was laying over the man, mainly making sure that he was breathing, by putting her head on his chest, seeing that the chest was rising and falling steadily. The woman only looked at the man happily when she found out that he was breathing, a smile gracing her face as she looks at the beach in alarm, seeing that someone was heading towards the couple.

"Eric!" The person shouted in concern, making the woman only flinch and try to move. The man named Eric starts to stir awake, seeing that the woman only gave him a glance and hurry back to the water, while the person only approaches the man and check on him, propping him up on his shoulders as he helps him up.

As the two were walking, Eric only put a hand to his head, trying to remember the events that happened. "A girl...rescued me," he mumbles to the man. "She had the most...beautiful voice..." The two only walk further and further away, not knowing that they were being watched by the woman in the water, hiding behind a rock.

As the two males left, the woman only smiles, happily swimming as she looks at Eric's back, a dreamlike look on her eyes. She stands up on the rock, with her arms propping herself upwards as tries to get a better look at the humans, her long red hair fluttering in the wind. "My heart...Oh, how it pounds!" Ariel sings to the sea as she continues to watch the males leave. "Yes. I know it. The day will soon come..." She sings, the waves behind her, hitting her body. "...part of your world!"

As Ariel is singing, two eels eye her evilly, a smirk on their faces as they watch Ariel happily singing. "Heh heh heh..." They snicker, as the dream only fades to black, making Angel only lose sight of the dream.