Prologue Chapter 9

"Ah ha ha...hahahahaha!" Ace laughs, right in both Grim and Angel's faces. "I can't hold it back anymore!" he says as he keeps laughing at the two bewildered people staring at him. "Come on, you're the ones who turned the orientation into such a fiasco, right? The one summoned by the mirror who can't even use magic and the monster that no one even summoned at all. It took everything I had not to burst into laughter right in the middle of the ceremony," Ace laughs, wiping away the tears falling from his face.

Angel frowns at him, reassessing her judgement of Ace while Grim basically yells at him in anger. "H-hey! You don't have to be so rude about it!"

"So, in the end, neither of you got admitted, and now you're janitors? Ahahaha! SO LAME!" Ace says as he still laughing.

"What did you just call me?!" Grim growls at Ace.

Ace continues to laugh, with his arms clutching his stomach. "And you're both so clueless you don't even know about the Great Seven. Not even one of them. Maybe before you try getting into the academy again, you ought to take a second crack at kindergarden again? Ah ha ha ha ha!"

"Grrrr....." Grim growls at Ace, ready to attack the laughing boy. Angel notices this and trying to grab Grim in time and hold him against her chest.

"N-now let's c-calm down, you two...," Angel stutters to tell both of them and picking up Grim, trying to calm him down by petting him but obviously not working as well as she thought as he starts struggling against her restraints.

"Anyway," Ace says as he tries to stop laughing. "Just thought I'd tease you a bit. And man, am I glad I did. It's been a blast! Unlike you, I actually have classes to get to, so I'll let you get back to picking up trash. Bye!" Ace says as he walks away.

"Ugh! He ain't getting' away with this! Come back here!" Grim was able to struggle and break free from Angel's grasp and run towards the retreating redhead. Angel gasped at the sudden action, following him to stop him.

"You ain't running away from me that easily! You come back and say that to my face, you bastard!" Grim shouts as he releases a fireball at Ace. "Look out!" Angel shouts at Ace as he turns around from her warning and moves to the side, dodging the fireball in time. "Whoa!" Ace exclaims in surprise.

"Oh? You really want to do this, you stupid weasel?" Ace says with a smirk, facing Grim and pulling out the red gem in his blazer pocket, proving to be more of a pen or a wand than a decorative item.

"I AIN'T A WEASEL!" Grim angrily yells, bring attention to the three of them, gathering a crowd of students, interested in the fight that's about to go down. Angel looks around in fear, trying to calm the situation down, failing horribly as people start talking about the fight that's about to happen.

"Hey look! A fight's about to happen on the first day of school!"

"Heh, first day of school and we're about to see a fight between a monster and a human!"

"Look, isn't it that girl from orientation? Isn't she cute?"

"You think I have a shot with her?"

"Yeah right, she's way out of your league man!"

Angel hears the voices around her, and mainly focused on calming the situation between the boys, especially Grim. "Grim, we promised not to make trouble for the headmaster today!"

"Hmph. You promised, Angel," Grim says still staring at Ace. "But I didn't promise nothin', especially about a brat like him calling me an idiot, today!" He says, causing Angel to panic even more. "I ain't lettin' him get away with this!" He says shooting a fireball at Ace.