🦁The Usurper from the Wild🦁 Chapter 27

After the barrier was formed, Angel opens her eyes, realizing that just like last time, she was laying down in a familiar darkness with a white dress. She only sits up, remembering the events, realizing that Leona wasn't around, just like before with Riddle. This time, she noticed that the voice that guided her last time wasn't talking, which to Angel's relief was a good sign, since she knew what to do this time. She stands up, looking around to at least which location to head. Last time, I just went with the flow. Could it be the same this time? She thinks as she looks around. She decided to test her theory, heading in the direction that just felt right to her, walking slowly as she tries to find Leona, wandering in the darkness. The air around her became dry, different from the darkness with Riddle, as every step felt grainy, almost as if she was in an arid place, like a savanna. She thinks for a moment. A savanna...? She stops, trying to listen for anything that could lead her to Leona. She hears a faint wind and use that sound to try and navigate her way to Leona, the wind getting louder and louder as she walks closer to where Leona is. Eventually, she sees Leona in his overblotted form, looking in front of him with a bored expression. She gasps, happy at the fact that she found him, and runs towards him, only for a sandstorm to block her way. She looks at the sandstorm in surprise, and could barely make out Leona in the center, looking unaffected by the sandstorm, but she could see that he wasn't affected by it, but was turning into sand himself. She looks at the sandstorm and pushes through, the sand felt like glass as she treks through it, trying to reach Leona in the center. After a while, she eventually reaches the middle of the sandstorm, seeing that part of her body was covered by sand, a stinging feeling overcoming her as she noticed that the sand was making her disappear as well, reminding her about the last time with her sinking to get to Riddle. She only hurries to get to Leona, trying to get his attention, but he only ignores her, looking at the sandstorm with a bored expression in front of him, his legs turning to sand. She only stood to his chest but could see that the sand was starting to spread upwards, heading from his feet to reach his waist. She could only look at him, sand starting to turn her legs into sand as he starts to speak.

"From the moment I was born, there's been a boulder on top of me that's too heavy to move," Leona starts, getting Angel's attention as a scene forms within the sandstorm in front of them.

In the Sunset Savanna, three people, two males and a female, walking along the corridor, having a conversation. "Crown prince Falena is such a bright and cheerful young man. I don't understand why his younger brother has to be so moody all the time." One of the male says, shaking his head at the second born prince.

"And he possesses such a terrifying power! Imagine being able to turn anything to sand!" The woman says with fear in her voice.

The other male only hushes at the two. "Both of you, cease this conversation right now! What if someone overhears you?!" The three simply only continue their walk in silence, not knowing that a small figure was behind the corner, listening to their conversation.

"I bet that if I were the crown prince, this is what they would have said: 'Crown prince Leona is a judicious young man- look how he controls such powerful magic! I don't understand how Falena can be so carefree.'" Leona says as he looks down, clenching his fist. "This is because I was born second," he says bitterly. "They'd find fault with me, no matter what-just so they could use it as a pretext to praise my brother. No matter what I do, I can never be the best." Angel could only look at the sandstorm, another scene being played out.

There were two males in a beautifully decorated room, one looking like Leona, only a bit older, while Leona only looks at the man with a bored look, and the man only sighs and angrily looks at Leona. "Leona! Why weren't you at today's ceremony?"