Prologue Chapter 15

"I won't be expelled! No matter what!" Deuce goes in with his magic pen and sends an ice spell at the monster, hitting it, but not doing as much damage as he thought it would. The monster, obviously mad at Deuce's actions, shrieks, shouting "Begone! Begone! Begoone!" The monster waves the pickaxe and hit Deuce, making Deuce fall towards the wall, hitting it with a thud. Angel gasps and the action and tries to head towards Deuce to make sure he's already, but she felt the monster "stare" on her, and she was frozen in place, fear preventing her from moving. Ace sees Deuce and readies his pen and aims it at the monster.

"Aw crap! He's got Loosey-Deucey on the ropes! Not on my watch! Heeyah!" Ace says as he summons a wind spell, pushing the monster back, staggering a bit. Angel sees this opportunity to try and head towards Deuce, looking over him for a quick once over to make sure he's okay. He groans in pain, with Angel thankful that he's still conscious at least, and looks over to Ace, in which her eyes widen at the battle in front of her.

The monster regained its footing and stared at Ace, roaring at him, raising the pickaxe to hit Ace but Ace dodges it in time, making the pickaxe hit the ground instead. Ace was about to release another spell until the hand with the lantern sneaks to him, punching Ace in the stomach, making him fall to the ground. Angel leaves Deuce, who told her that he was able to walk as he stood up, head towards Ace, trying to get him up. "Ace! Ace! Are you okay?" Angel asks frantically with tears forming in her eyes, and Deuce following her, helping Ace. Grim stands up in front of the three, staring at the monster in fear, shaking at the events that unfolded before his eyes.

"Myaaah! Stay away from me!" Grim screams as he shoots a fireball at the monster. The fireball hits the monster, but nothing happened, and the monster continues to go after the group. "it's like nothin's even hurtin' it!"

As the monster steps closer to the group, Angel spots something shining behind the monster through her tear filled eyes. "...Huh?" At this point, Ace was standing up, still groaning from the pain while Deuce and Grim stare at the monster in horror. "Did you just see that sparkle?!" Angel asks the guys who tries to follow her line of sight.

Ace looks in surprise. "Behind the monster! There's something sparling in the mineshaft!"

"Could that have been a magestone?" Deuce asks.

"GWAAAAAAAAAAHHH! Noooo giiive yoooouuu stooooooone!" The monster roars, making the four flinch as they forgot about the monster in the way of their goal.

"Angel," Grim says as he climbs on her. "We need to book it and fast! That thing's gonna pound us into tuna paste!" Grim shrieks.

Angel looks at the situation and looks at Deuce and Ace. They both still feeling the effects of the attacks they received, and Angel made a decision, looking at the two. "We have to retreat! Now!" She tells them, with both of them nodding at her statement, and ran away from the monster, with both Deuce and Ace each grabbing her wrist and dragging her away from the monster. At least the both of them thought it was the best decision, since they couldn't leave Angel with the monster due to her weak stamina.

The monster watches them retreat and roars. "GRRRRAAAAAWRRR!"

One the four made it out of the mines, they collapsed on the grass, catching their breaths and checking their injuries. All of them are panting hard since they didn't realize that they went deeper in the mine that usual, but they were all happy that they made it out alive no doubt.

"This should be far enough, I think?" Grim says as he gets off Angel's shoulders and take a glance at the cave, making sure the monster didn't follow them.

"Owwww..." Ace groans as he stands up. "What was that thing? No one said there'd be anything like that in the cave!"

"That was no normal ghost, that's for sure," Deuce says as he stand up as well. He gives Angel his hand, which she takes.