🌹The Rose Red Tyrant🌹 Chapter 1

As Angel sleeps, the mirror in her room starts to glow, ripples forming as a picture forms in her dreams.

Angel opens her eyes to see a maze of green hedges, with two cards in front of a tree, with paintbrushes in their hands. One is an ace of clubs and the other is a two of clubs. They seemed to be painting the tree, but upon closer inspection, they are specifically painting the flowers on the tree instead of the tree itself. When Angel takes a closer look, she sees that the roses are white, but instead, the cards are painting them red, happily dancing around said tree while painting the roses.

"Hurry up and paint those roses red!" One card exclaims, slathering paint on a roses.

"Slather them quickly, as aforesaid!" The other one says as it paints another rose on the tree.

"Hurry, Hurry! There are still roses left to paint!"

(They're painting...roses?) Angel thinks as she watches the scene before her eyes.

A girl with a light blue dress and white apron on the front, named Alice, wanders up to the two in curiosity, and asked the two cards, "Why are you painting these white roses red?"
"Huh?" The cards look at her in confusion with her question.

"Why, you ask? It's quite simple," the Two of Clubs responded to her. "We painted the wrong color, you see."

"The Queen likes her roses red. If they're white, we'll lose our heads!" The Ace of Clubs replied, finishing the other cards statement.

Alice walks to another rose tree, right next to the one the cards were painting. She sees another card, the Three of Clubs, painting another tree from white roses to red roses while standing on a ladder.

"Goodness!" Alice exclaims, getting the attention of the Three of Clubs.

"And so, we're painting the roses red," the Three of Clubs replied.

Angel starts to feel sleepy, and she closes her eyes. (By the way, where am I?) Her last though with the scene before fading to black.

The dream disappears, and Angel is awoken by a strange sound. Her eyes flutter open, the sound getting louder as she starts to wake up. She looks at the window to know that it's not morning yet, so why was she awake? "I feel like I was having the strangest dream..." She mumbles to no one in particular. However, her thought was cut short by a knocking noise, that eventually woke up Grim who was sleeping beside her.

"Myaaah...Hey, Angel...I know it's the middle of the night, but I think we've got a visitor," Grim mumbles as he tries to go back to sleep, preferring to stay in the bed instead of checking who the person who interrupted his sleep was.

"A visitor this late in the night...?" Angel says as she starts to get up from the bed and check, putting a shawl, curtesy of Crewel, before leaving the room.

"Maybe it's those pesky ghosts again? They just don't know when to quit," Grim says as he tries to get comfortable again, but Angel picks him up and cradle him in her arms instead. She was not going to check who was banging on the door by herself if there were monsters like Grim around after all. The two of them slowly walk towards the door of the dorm, where the knocking got louder which each step. "Hellooooo? Who is it?" Angel asks as she starts to shake in fear, praying that who or whatever was on the other side of the door wasn't going to attack her and Grim at their lowest guard, almost debating to leave the visitor outside, but the knocking became more frantic as she thought about it, making it hard for her to just ignore the poor soul that's outside. By putting Grim on her head, which he gratefully accepted and kept an eye open just in case, she walked towards the door and put her hand on the doorknob, trying to listen to the voice that responded to her question.

"It's me, Ace! Just let me in, all right?" Ace replies quietly.

"Ace?!" Angel's eyes widened as she cracked open the door slightly to look at Ace right outside her door, but with something different about him.

"Ace? It's the middle of the night!" Grim says as he's about to scold Ace until he saw the boy in front of him, shouting at his appearance. "B-bwah! That collar!"

Ace stood there in his school uniform, but with a half-red, half-black collar in the shape of a heart around his neck, looking at her in an annoyed expression as he shouts out something that makes both Angel and Grim's eyes grow wide.

"I can't go back to Heartslabyul House. I'm joining your dorm. For good!"

"Myah?! Come again?!" Grim exclaims while Angel brings Ace inside the dorm building, sitting him down in the lounge.