Prologue Chapter 13

When the four of them opened their eyes, they see that they were transported into the woods. In front of them was a house, but surrounding them were trees, menacingly staring the four of them down. They all look to the side of the house and see an empty hole in the side of a mountain, assuming that it was the entrance of the mine.

"So this is the Dwarf's Mine..." Deuce says, looking around in awe. "Long ago, this mine was flushed with magestones."

"Urgh..." Grim says with a shiver down his back, finally away from Angel's grasp. "Who knows what lurks in there now?"

"Look, I can see a house," Ace says, getting the attention of everyone else. "Let's see what the people there have to say."

"I don't think anyone is in there. The lights aren't even on," Angel says with a pensive look on her face. Ace just looks at her and scoffs.

"Maybe they're just sleeping. I'm sure if we go in, they'll help us."

The four walks towards the house, with Deuce taking the lead and Grim, Angel, and Ace following him. When they reached the door, Deuce uses his hand to knock on the trying, trying to get anyone's attention inside.

"Hellooo? Is anyone home...?" Deuce asks, pausing to wait for a voice to respond to him. Angel hides behind him, while also trying to look through the window to see any movements inside the house. Eventually the door creaks open, making the four surprised and look at each other in worry. They all agreed it would be best if they went in, and walked in slowly, looking around for any people or movement in the house. "Must be empty. It looks like it's been abandoned," Deuce says.

While Grim is walking on the floor, he felt something on his face, in which he looked closely and saw that he walked into a spider web. "Bwah!" He exclaims. "I got a spider web on my face! Ptchoo! Ptchoo!" He says as he tries to blow them off his face. Angel bends down and help him while Ace and Deuce looking around. Angel joins them after finishing with Grim.

The house seems a bit tiny, but maybe it was because of the furniture cramped up inside the house. The three teens almost had to shrink themselves in order to casually walk around, with Grim able to walk fine. There was a mix of desks and chairs on one side of the house, with beds lining next to each other on the other side with windows on the walls, a window for every 2 beds, looking over them. When Angel goes to inspects the bed, she sees that there is a thin layer of dust, and when she placed her hand on the bed, the bed felt cold and unused, leaving her hand print on the pile of dust.

Ace looks around where the desks and chairs and let out a low whistle. "Look how tiny these desks and chairs are. Did children live here?" He asks as he starts to count the desks and chairs. "One, two...Seven! It's like a clown car in here!

"When the mine was flourishing, this house must have been a lively place," Deuce says as he looks over the kitchen, seeing full of dust as well.

"Well, this isn't getting us anywhere," Ace says with a sigh. "If we're gonna find a magestone, it'll be inside the mine. Let's head inside and take a look."

The rest of the party agreed with Ace's statement and left the house, shutting the door behind them. They head over the entrance of the mine and stood at the mouth of the cave, staring at the internal darkness within.

"You wanna go inside THERE?" Grim asks. "It's pitch black!"

"What, are you scared of the dark? Pathetic," Ace looks at Grim with a smirk.

Grim frowned at Ace. "Myah?! I'm not scared of anything! I'm taking the lead. You all follow me!" Grim says as he heads into the mine first. Deuce follows behind him with Angel following him and Ace right behind her, chucking at his trick to get Grim inside first. As the four of the them head into the mine, they are grateful for Grim since his ear's provided a light source as they walked further from the mouth of the cave. Angel looks around the cave, feeling nervous at what may lie within, closely following Deuce. Ace sees the girl's nervousness and smirks, deciding to play a prank on her. He leaned in close to Angel's ear without her noticing and whispered, "Boo."